ADVERTISEMENT

CN vs Pinewood.... score updates during the game

Pinewood was 8 for 27 on threes last night
And 1 for 7 on threes in the 4th..
At least they went down trying....
They missed two free throws with 2.8 seconds left that would have sent the game into OT.....

Pinewood was 8 for 27 on threes last night
And 1 for 7 on threes in the 4th..
At least they went down trying....
They missed two free throws with 2.8 seconds left that would have sent the game into OT.....

That is because the best 3 point shooters in the history of the game Klay, Curry, and Durant, have off nights shooting from that distance. And because the best in the world only shoot on average about 42% from 3 point range and that's being kind. You can't rely on the 3 point shot only. But at least they do spread the floor and fire away. Some teams don't use the 3 point shot enough in their offense making them easier to game plan for and defend.

In my opinion CN has a better team if you look at the size, athleticism, experience, and their ability to score inside and out. I wouldn't think on paper the game would be that close. But with a coach as good as Doc many had Pinewood actually favored.
Coaching does matter. I think Monica is doing a good job to make a name for herself as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: basketba11
I agree.. almost 30% from beyond the arch is far from the worst day you could have on 3's. From the little I heard about the game, PW actually needed to make their layups, and that was the difference. Congrats to CN for another win when everyone but jaymel and nbguru counted them out!

Reactions: Paytc
I agree.. almost 30% from beyond the arch is far from the worst day you could have on 3's. From the little I heard about the game, PW actually needed to make their layups, and that was the difference. Congrats to CN for another win when everyone but jaymel and nbguru counted them out!

While I didn't have the belief in CN as early on as jaymel, winetot, Guru, and a few others, I definitely didn't count them out against Pinewood. I'm not counting them out against anyone. As I said some things are in destinies hands. And who knows for certain who Destiny is dating this season.

And any good team can upset or beat any other good team. Be of luck to all teams still in it to win it.

Last edited:
hahaha well that is one thing we will disagree on... you make your own destiny. The hard work and preparation you put in lay the foundation for your body of work. You dont shoot a basketball and hope destiny takes over and puts it through a hoop. You dont date destiny, you grab it by the horns when the opportunity arises. Dont leave anything up to "fate" if you can avoid it...

hahaha well that is one thing we will disagree on... you make your own destiny. The hard work and preparation you put in lay the foundation for your body of work. You dont shoot a basketball and hope destiny takes over and puts it through a hoop. You dont date destiny, you grab it by the horns when the opportunity arises. Dont leave anything up to "fate" if you can avoid it...

But what if both teams -- or many teams -- all do the hard work and preparation? And what if -- in one of my least favorite phrases -- everybody involved "wants it more"?

True. But the best team doesn't always win. But I've dated and gotten to really know Destiny. And I will say while the best team doesn't always win, Destiny is undefeated and undefeatable. I had to make a new word for her she is so great.

Too many variables come into play to give all the credit to just one area.

There is coaching involved, officiating involved, talent involved, size involved, luck involved, environment involved, philosophies involved, injuries involved, the bounce of the ball, the ball itself,off shooting nights, rules, a shot and time clock, poise, discipline, fear involved, confidence and courage involved, and so much more than just hard work, preparation, and grabbing a bull by the horns. Each team has about 12 players. But we can't even say all the players on the same team have worked equally as hard to prepare themselves. So it's almost impossible to say for certain one team has worked harder than another team. Or to say the winner is always going to be the team that has worked the hardest, is the most talented, prepared themselves the best, and or deserves it the most. There are no guarantees or actions that 100 % dictates human outcomes.

That is why the best team doesn't always win. But Destiny always does and always will win.

But don't get me wrong, you do have to take part, and date her or him, depending on your gender, relationship, and preference.

Have you ever heard the ole saying "a date with Destiny"

Last edited:
But what if both teams -- or many teams -- all do the hard work and preparation? And what if -- in one of my least favorite phrases -- everybody involved "wants it more"?
Oh dont get me wrong, I'm sure everyone puts in the hard work and wants it. Hell, a team may work harder and want it more, but what was the starting point? Thats not always equal. Thats where talent and skill kick in. And where does talent and skill come from?? Hard work somewhere down the road, whether it was fundamental work when you were in 6th grade, or a complex shooting progression of 500 shots you did last week.

Notice, I never said the team that works harder or wants it more wins...

True. But the best team doesn't always win. But I've dated and gotten to really know Destiny. And I will say while the best team doesn't always win, Destiny is undefeated and undefeatable. I had to make a new word for her she is so great.

Too many variables come into play to give all the credit to just one area.

There is coaching involved, officiating involved, talent involved, size involved, luck involved, environment involved, philosophies involved, injuries involved, the bounce of the ball, rules, a shot and time clock, poise, discipline, confidence, and courage involved, and so much more than just hard work and preparation. Each team has about 12 players but we can't even say all the players on the same team have worked equally as hard to prepare themselves. So it's almost impossible to say for certain one team has worked harder than another team. Or to say the winner is always going to be the team that has worked the hardest and or deserves it the most.

That is why the best team doesn't always win.
I love how you go back and edit your post to completely change your original message... again I never said the team that works harder wins.. but if your "destined" to win its because you put yourself in that position

I love how you go back and edit your post to completely change your original message... again I never said the team that works harder wins.. but if your "destined" to win its because you put yourself in that position
You do have to show up and put some work in. But that doesn't guarantee you will remain healthy. Or have a good shooting night. Or not get into foul trouble. Or get great officiating. Or have great coaching. Or not run into a better team on that night. Or be guaranteed you've worked harder than someone else. Or deserve it more than someone else. Or are definitely a better team than someone else. That is why when games are played at the highest level such as the NBA they play the best of seven games.

Oh, and there is a small "edit" button at the bottom of the page. Feel free to also edit your comments to make them better or more clear when you think you need to to get your point across a bit better.

You do have to show up and put some work in. But that doesn't guarantee you will remain healthy. Or have a good shooting night. Or not get into foul trouble. Or get great officiating. Or have great coaching. Or not run into a better team on that night. Or be guaranteed you've worked harder than someone else. Or deserve it more than someone else. Or are definitely a better team than someone else. That is why when games are played at the highest level such as the NBA they play the best of seven games.

Oh and there is a small "edit" button at the bottom of the page. Feel free to also edit your comments to make them better or more clear when you think you need to to get your point across a bit better.

Exactly.. none of those points you made have anything to do with destiny...

Exactly.. none of those points you made have anything to do with destiny...

And I bet Elle Louie( a star on Miramonte) who picked up an unfortunate injury, didn't plan on getting injured. Some things happen out of our control. That is the point.

And I bet Elle Louie( a star on Miramonte) who picked up an unfortunate injury, didn't plan on getting injured. Some things happen out of our control. That is the point.
As an individual, yes, out of her control and unfortunate for sure. As a basketball team, MM won, so Kelly had his team ready to play with or without a star player. Nothing to do with fate. They will either be ready for the next challenge (again with or without her) or they wont be, both as a team. Whether they win or lose, neither coach nor player will say "well it was fate". That is the point.

As I said in my first response, this is just something we wont agree on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT