ADVERTISEMENT

Cordova-Rancho Cordova?

Any news on them? I really miss their glory years! They can really light up the score board!
Cordova isn't like the old day's when they could draw from the military base and going into the 2015 schedule, the Lancers went 6-4 from last season and the JV's didn't do much better...For the 2015 schedule, the preseason looks very easy for Cordova But when league play begins in the Sierra Valley league, it will be not be easy by a long shot....They have two QB's of equal size and a young line to face a tough league schedule...It appears they will finish the season again at 6-4 or 5-5.

Cordova isn't like the old day's when they could draw from the military base and going into the 2015 schedule, the Lancers went 6-4 from last season and the JV's didn't do much better...For the 2015 schedule, the preseason looks very easy for Cordova But when league play begins in the Sierra Valley league, it will be not be easy by a long shot....They have two QB's of equal size and a young line to face a tough league schedule...It appears they will finish the season again at 6-4 or 5-5.
One more thing about Cordova.....This is one of the older schools in the area and after the Military base closed, so did the population shift....In the early days, the Lancers were a holy terror, but today, like all public schools, they work with what is in their area as the population presents new challenges.

Keep in mind Cordova is also in the same district with Folsom and Vista Del Lago, so I would expect with a fairly open enrollment process in the district that more than a few players that would otherwise be playing for the Lancers end up mostly at Folsom, but some at Vista too. Great to see Cordova bounce back to respectability last year after several brutal campaigns.

Plus parts of the city belongs to San Juan, Elk Grove and Sac school districts; also kids can jump on the lightrail and go to just about any school they want.

Cordova isn't like the old day's when they could draw from the military base and going into the 2015 schedule, the Lancers went 6-4 from last season and the JV's didn't do much better...For the 2015 schedule, the preseason looks very easy for Cordova But when league play begins in the Sierra Valley league, it will be not be easy by a long shot....They have two QB's of equal size and a young line to face a tough league schedule...It appears they will finish the season again at 6-4 or 5-5.[/Q
Any news on them? I really miss their glory years! They can really light up the score board!
I had a cousin who played for Cordovan way back in the day. The youngest of the Wilhites was his teamate

I had a cousin who went there and played with the youngest of the Wilhite brothers, Kevin I think, who was a heavily recruited rub. Also went to college with a few former Lancers and was amazed at how strong they were, even the debs. They told me that their coach, a guy named Ron Lancaster had a tough weight training program that was years ahead of everyone else. They told me they were always strong than their opponents

I am not for open enrollemnt...
NCSCALFOOTBALL...I'm not for open enrollment also...This business of moving from one school to another from my stand point doesn't work except for the kid ...The school he left as it sometimes turns out takes a big loss while the kid plays whats my next stop.....We have a few kids like that right now that are paying the price for these good decisions...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT