ADVERTISEMENT

Corner Bakery Showdown scores

Ma'Ane Mosely didn't play because she was taking the SATs. St. Mary's went up 17-2, relaxed -- and missed, by one count, 15 layups.

Heritage battled, though, and it was a gritty, physical game.

So Clet has outscored Pwood 13-5 since the qtr started...
I saw this same pattern last year....
Why can't they finish?

OK So they finish the game....
So Pwood goes to the number 4 position in Norcal?

1. SMS
2. SI
3. MM
4. Pwood
5. Mitty
6. Clet

Clet plays Mitty in two weeks and can replace them in the
5th position?

This post was edited on 1/24 4:33 PM by jazzpt55

Miramonte defeated Pinewood by 11 in Moraga. Pinewood led by 5 points after three quarters but MM caught on fire in the final stanza to win comfortably. Miramonte's superstar tallied 40+ points that game.

MM is good but I just saw them get tore up
last week here in Stockton...

MD just embarrassed them..

well, I'd say a great game broke out in the 4th quarter. before that, Pinewood had control, especially because of their man-to-man speed and quickness. P was repeatedly dispossessing C, breaking up their offensive flow, C's plays weren't working and nobody could break down their defender. P was hot beyond the arc, up by 22 in 2nd half. C finally got hot, putting up a press that rattled P, hitting 3s. P decided to slow the tempo which took them out of their offensive rhythm. C closed to 6 twice late, but P scored the last 8 points on free throws, being fouled by C in an attempt to regain possession. overall, I'd say the 14 point final margin was a pretty fair indication of the two teams' relative strength. hey, the average of 22 and 6 is 14.

This post was edited on 1/24 7:26 PM by mkbgdns

it is looking more and more like a SI, Pwood, Mitty and SHC CCS Open Semifinals
4 Teams but only two go to the Norcal Open....
But when you lose ...sometimes you win...A State Championship
smile.r191677.gif

Mkbgdns makes several fair observations all of which are supported by the score postings. Pinewood was clearly the better team today. Hopefully, Carondelet can get healthy, they were without their starting wing Simonich, and Hughes has the flu. I'm sure this is the time of year where many teams are not at full strength, so no excuses in the loss. Congratulations t o Pinewood.

Nice games today Corner Bakery Showdown. First game I seen was Brookside vs Presentation game started out slow but Brookside pick up the place at the end of game and Presentation nothing for but to try to stall the first half. Presentation would take the clock down to 7 seconds every position try to slow Brookside down but didn't work. But watch McDonald put on a show with her drive to basket, shooting 3's get, assist getting her teammates ball, and especial her defense with 15 steals.

Second game was Carondelet vs Pinewood was a good one. Pinewood came out with a very physical game presents driving to baskets and kicking the ball out to the shooters for 3's and defense was the same make Carondelet take bad shoots. Carondelet made a run the end of game when a lot fouls was called on Pinewood that kept the game close. Second half pretty much the same when Pinewood went up by 20 then all the fouls came again from being physical.

Last Game MM vs Berkley. Berkley went man which was very good because they were quicker then MM. MM had problems taking the ball off dribble because Berkley man would switch on screens very well. MM was catching breaks with the whistle which Berkley had to play looser man to man. Berkley walk off the court because the knew they could win the game fair. But I heard the same think happen when they played Brookside but they didn't walk just took the lost. Seem like a set up to me just like Brookside to take the down off the ranking.

The best player today I seen was McDonald from Brookside by far and I think everyone would agree. So is it getting to the point when some of ref auditioning for summer AAU. What is the world come to can everything be bought??????? Because clear what I seen today because the last 2 games was Horrible!!!!!!!!!! For example Pinewood was get a lot of steals but once they went up by 14 the fouls would come slow them down and Carondelet would shoot free throws. Pinewood adjust and win any way. Clear MM has trouble with more athletic Berkley so the fouls started to help MM get Berkley the hard nose defense soften off.

Final thought about today 3 games I seen is Pinewood and Brookside was clear the best teams today. And don't play MM or Carondelet at their at there home or near the home because if you don't blow them out your team don't have a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baller,

You have NO idea what happened with the B-High vs. MM game. They walked off the court because a player from MM called a Berkeley player a racial slur. I was in the bathroom and heard a bunch of commotion and when I walked outside, players and parents were talking about the incident. To make matters worse, a director (old guy) and a parent got in a shouting match and had to be separated before all was said and done.

Hey the MM game was a great game for 3.5 quarters. After MM got up Berkeley came back with some great transition buckets and came within 4 points. Down by 4 they couldn't convert on some easy buckets and MM caused a couple turnovers. I think Berkeley was frustrated that they weren't getting any calls and had over 10 fouls called on them vs. MM's total of 4 with 1:30 left in the 2nd half. Not an ideal way to end the game but if in fact that did happen, I'd of walked off the floor too. Sad because I'm sure we won't be seeing Berkeley at any more Shootouts in Lafayette.

Thank you to everyone who came out to watch a good day of basketball. Also thanks to all the team that participated.

Art Thoms

Norcal_Fun

I heard the same time happen to Brookside but the didn't walk off the court they try to fight through the bad calls and took a bad lose. I hope this doesn't hurt the Corner Bakery Showdown because a lot teams might not want to come when MM gets call to save them from losing to Berkeley that would hurt the ranking. So tell this how game have the lost on the road and how close games the lost at home. Home is always an advantage but shouldn't help the outcome of a game. I would like to see MM play Pinewood on the road might have had a different outcome. The open will tell the story this year.

Eman13 don't complain about the ref like your said it coaching. And now you know what luvthegame21 was talking about when Brookside played Berkeley and fouls was going one way. At least the finish the game and made a run with the b ad calls. Berkeley probably would have won just like Brookside should have won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baller, you are pathetic. Their was no referee favoritism in the Carondelet v. Pinewood game. You have completely fabricated that story.. I doubt you could find anyone in attendance who would agree with you. You need to learn how to win and lose with honor. Right now you are a complete joke.

Based upon what I saw today, Carondelet would have beaten Brookside by 40, just like they did last year.

There were several players as good or better than your favorite player today. Unfortunately, Presentation lost a key player or they very we'll may have beaten BC

Carondelet is to slow for Brookside. The guard play what I seen today McDonald would have ran circle around the Carondelet guards and the down low play by Gabriel would have physical abuse Carondelet down low like San Roman Valley didn't but worst? Lucky to have the writers on your side this year for the ranking??????? This is how much I know about your team Red , White , and Flight Cal Stars lost all year against a team from Norcal area all year not by 10 but 20 or more!!!!!! I watch a lot of AAU this year.The word of the day is SPEED KILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post was edited on 1/24 11:09 PM by ballersdreams

Enman13

Berkley played 8 against your 5 ??? I'm I right or wrong ???? How do you feel ?!?!?!? Now can you please explain to all WHY you had your team walk off the court in a tight game ? What did you teach your kids tonight ...... You have to play the game win or lose..... Enman13

And about the game today yes the help the team out and I watched from my own eyes that's why the score went up and Down. And it was so bad the coach from Pinewood didn't when he was yielding at the ref for the bad calls against Bade was killing the guards by making them travel and stealing the ball ref started to call fouls on her gave her 3 fouls when she real own gave 1.

Ballet, only thing better about Brookside this year is their coach. I don't criticize the play of young women like you do. So, I will not be able to critique individual play, but I will criticize you, and I really hope you aren't McDonalds dad, because she's a decent player on her own, but you are one week ass punk.

Ol'...brick layer you sound like a computer gangster put your pocket protect back in right protect in your to small button shirt before it hurt yourself. I didn't name players but I told what will and happen if they meet in the Open. Don't get but hurt when your team gets exposed today by Pinewood. I'm not try to hurt your feelings but I see I hit a nerve because you to be like most of the youth today talk a lot on computer but quite as a mouse in person. But with that said these forms are not about feeling its about fact don't take to the heart when it is true.

>> And it was so bad the coach from Pinewood didn't when he was yielding at the ref for the bad calls against Bade

I'm not sure I get what you're saying, but I think you mean Doc Scheppler was yelling at the refs. Really? That's quite a news flash, and thanks for letting us know. He's usually quite the mild-mannered guy, wouldn't you say so bodyguard? Hahaha.

Southbayhoopfan That's why I said that never seem him that mad at the refs. But I think with out the calls Pinewood blows out Carondelet by 30 or more. Like I said SPEED KILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Balled, you suggest meet person? See if quite like mouse and if pocket fit in nose. But hurt when head removed from BC. Must not have been able afford travel to Bakery. You get txt from friend and create own storyline?

Please come visit me. C who but hurt

There were plenty of interesting calls in that Pinewood / Carondelet game
Carondelet wasnt exposed from a lack of team speed, they got killed on the glass as Kailahi was too much for them to handle
Sure there was a missed 3 seconds here, and a missed travel there, however, That work on the glass was big time
you cant give a team like Pinewood multiple chances at bombing you away from the outside...

I didn't see Berkeley/MM, but if that really went down with the racial slurs, then thats unfortunate...

I was the that's why you hate the story line because the truth hurts. Sounds like your are mad about the exposer its funny because people try to be so gangster but not. You are a funny guy!!! But do wish for something you could handle!!!! But any ways SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD Kills. But its ok sound like you need a group hug or 2!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a chill pill !!!!!!!!!!!!! Because you are a funny guy!!!!!!!!! I can see you right now probably bright red right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's funny!!!!!!!! Hopeful Carondelet meets Brookside in the second round if Carondelet don't have to play a team with speed because speed kills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the entertainment tonight ball dreamer. You something special.

Fallensoul provides keen insight for those interested.

Goodnight

Fallen yes Pinewood was the best team on the glass but the guards applied a lot pressure on guards taking the ball up the court. All people no speed is a big part of the game. Speed becomes even bigger when on 94' court where the Norcal Open is played at in college gyms and the Kings floor. When Pinewood had fast breaks they were way quicker I seen a lot today but I already knew. When a team like Pinewood swings the ball quick from wing to wing have to have speed to get there to change the shot that's wasn't there. I know a lot about speed in a basketball game because its a different maker in a game.

Baller comment very interesting. Official really bad. Cheat cheat. So bad that Pinewood shoot 17 more free throw than Clet. Clet get all calls go their way but only shoot six free throw. Pinewood shoot 23. Only player foul out Clet player.

Pinewood Guard to quick but Clet guard top scorer mostly on layup with 22

Pinewood so good from beyond arc. They make eight threes. Clet make seven.

Ball dreamer you sure you at game???

No can fix stupid

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT