ADVERTISEMENT

COVID cancellations/postponements

espot

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2016
I thought we should have a thread to update on cancellations and postponements of games related to COVID issues.

Reactions: Streak One
A couple of cancellations I know of, Campolindo @ Northgate on Tuesday 1/4 and Campolindo @ Miramonte on Thursday 1/6 are cancelled

A couple of cancellations I know of, Campolindo @ Northgate on Tuesday 1/4 and Campolindo @ Miramonte on Thursday 1/6 are cancelled
Campo's saturday game against St. Mary's has also been postponed.

The Common cold is spreading like wild fire .
Yeah I had it. Yeah I was sick for a day or 2. No big deal. Def have had worse colds than that. Natural immunity will prevail and we need to live with this.
Larry stick to basketball.
What you speak of is almost childish. You very well might of had a simply cold.
Yes I do remember your post where you said, the fat over weight people can die .
Not a good look for you.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Couple more updates:

All of Mitty's games have been postponed

The Serra-Riordan game on January 4 has been postponed

As announced last week, SHC vs. SI January 4 has been postponed. With Riordan Serra being postponed wonder what it does for the SHC games on Thursday @ Riordan and Saturday versus Serra. Might be a while before SHC hits the floor again. Team has been sidelined since December 23

The Campo/Miramonte game @ Miramonte has tentatively been rescheduled for Saturday Feb. 12 (last day of regular season) pending AD approval

Reactions: espot
Feeling this may get a bit worse before it gets better, and pushing my personal COVID feelings aside - I am hoping that leagues, sections, state are being pro-active in working on several alternative scenarios. All of which would have kids playing a full schedule, playoffs, etc. Pause, push back a few weeks, allow more contests per week when feasible. These kids have missed enough.

Reactions: Azanna
i know this is obvious, but are these postponed games due to positive test, or just letting things simmer down and not risk losing games later in the season?
maybe the december tournaments should have been avoided so league play could have gotten started.

Reactions: Tammy1029
Larry stick to basketball.
What you speak of is almost childish. You very well might of had a simply cold.
Yes I do remember your post where you said, the fat over weight people can die .
Not a good look for you.

Here's wishing you great hoops
Childish? Really. Having an opinion is what this country was built on. And the more this goes on the more it looks like we got played. Yeah fat people and people with pre-existing conditions don’t do well. That’s a fact. Is it fair? Maybe Maybe Not.? But one this is very clear is we have a lot of sheep in this world.

Reactions: jayhawk82
Shrink the league schedules into 4 weeks instead of 6 each school will be fine playing 3 games a week and each league will have a week in some Cases 2 weeks to make up any league games that had to be rescheduled i know covid has come with many challenges but let common sense prevail and the season can get finished For the kids!

Reactions: Run TMC
With teams returning from tournaments, it makes sense that this week will be the heaviest in terms of postponements and cancellations. It's better that this happens early in the schedule when there's plenty of time to make up for it. From the sources I've heard, most cases are minor or asymptomatic. Hopefully this wave rolls through quickly and gets teams closer to immunity so that we can continue the rest of the season unimpeded!

It is seriious now. St. Francis and Bellarmune are limiting capacity with St. Francis basically closed to the public only allowing 4 spectators per player within their immediate household

Granada at Dougherty Valley on Wednesday 1/5 is postponed

For right now, looks like the SJS has been the least impacted out of the three big sections

Childish? Really. Having an opinion is what this country was built on. And the more this goes on the more it looks like we got played. Yeah fat people and people with pre-existing conditions don’t do well. That’s a fact. Is it fair? Maybe Maybe Not.? But one this is very clear is we have a lot of sheep in this world.
Childish is probably a little strong and offensive to children. I'd go with ignorant or obtuse.

For right now, looks like the SJS has been the least impacted out of the three big sections
interesting because half of san joaquin county work in alameda, contra costa, san francisco or santa clara counties. so they are taking it back home anyway

Therein lies the ignorance. For the vaccinated and boosted yes. However, for the just vaccinated it’s more like a bad flu and for the unvaccinated it’s debilitating. I personally know someone who’s in great shape, unvaccinated and has been bedridden for 17 days now.
If they're choosing to be unvaccinated then they're willfully ignorant and can face the consequences. Their choice shouldn't have negative effects for other people.

If they're choosing to be unvaccinated then they're willfully ignorant and can face the consequences. Their choice shouldn't have negative effects for other people.
And what about those who are unvaccinated not by their own choice?

…However, for the just vaccinated it’s more like a bad flu and for the unvaccinated it’s debilitating. I personally know someone who’s in great shape, unvaccinated and has been bedridden for 17 days now.
Let’s use some perspective and not over exaggerate to try to make A counterpoint.

My child (Vax’d, eligible for the Boost, but hasn’t done it yet) is currently COVID positive and asymptomatic. So not “a bad flu” as you state. My co-worker is unvax’d, tested positive last month with the more dangerous Delta Variant and had a fever for 1 Day, and lost his taste for a week. So not what one would call ’debilitating’ As you put it. Now obviously those things ‘could’ occur (as outlined by your example). There are obviously one offs.

Per the NFL, 70% of those returning positive tests were asymptomatic.

This omnicron variant is in fact the common cold for a majority, and less for many. Those who chose to avoid the Vax do so with plenty of info out there telling them about the risks they are taking. IMHO dont ask those of us who have done our part to do even more to protect those who dont chose to protect themselves.

Let’s use some perspective and not over exaggerate to try to make A counterpoint.

My child (Vax’d, eligible for the Boost, but hasn’t done it yet) is currently COVID positive and asymptomatic. So not “a bad flu” as you state. My co-worker is unvax’d, tested positive last month with the more dangerous Delta Variant and had a fever for 1 Day, and lost his taste for a week. So not what one would call ’debilitating’ As you put it. Now obviously those things ‘could’ occur (as outlined by your example). There are obviously one offs.

This omnicron variant is in fact the common cold for a majority, and less for many. Those who chose to avoid the Vax do so with plenty of info out there telling them about the risks they are taking. IMHO dont ask those of us who have done our part to do even more to protect those who dont chose to protect themselves.
i like the way you put it. dont ask us to do more cuz of others who didnt do the minimum. i try to tell my boss this at our weekly meetings.

Reactions: Mo Green
The Common cold is spreading like wild fire .
Yeah I had it. Yeah I was sick for a day or 2. No big deal. Def have had worse colds than that. Natural immunity will prevail and we need to live with this.
Glad it went well for you my mother-in-law and a cousin died from it (SMH) I had it to, flu like symptoms but that doesn’t mean it’s not serious. Larry you must be getting old because you used to be a sensible poster but lately it seems like dementia has kicked in😂

Last edited:
Glad it went well for you my mother-in-law and a cousin died from it (SMH) I had it to, flu like symptoms but that doesn’t mean it’s not serious. Larry you must be getting old because you used to be a sensible poster but lately it seems like dementia has kicked in😂

• Haha
Reactions: kiddman32

Can't be an exaggeration if it actually happened to my family. Glad to hear your child didn't experience anything serious.

Nothing like anecdotal evidence to draw an absolute conclusion.

Reactions: SmoothJay
Nothing like anecdotal evidence to draw an absolute conclusion.
My “anecdotal evidence” was in response to Sheldon Cooper’s conclusion that omnicron is “debilitating” to anyone not vax’d. Please.

I assure you I’m no anti-vax’r (I’m vax’d and boosted) and consider myself educated at the aspects of the various COVID variants out there . Anyone who thinks wearing a cloth mask or shutting down travel or schools is going to slow this latest variant is sorely mistaken. The reality is that omnicron appears to be on par with measles as the most contagious virus in the world. Thankfully, as of now, it appears far less lethal than the prior COVID variants And has very little affect on those who are Vax’d. most analysis out there show about 70% of vaccinated persons are asymptomatic when they get omnicron, and the others get mild symptoms. The speed that it is spreading will likely make the next month or two tough as we will face staffing challenges across all aspects of labor, mixed in with our idiot government trying to initiate mandates which will continue to be useless. Much of the reason for the intense spread is that omnicron affects the upper respiratory system making it easier to transmit (and also far less serious to most).

The reality is most of us will get omnicron (you may not even know you’ve already had it), and will move forward no worse for the wear.

Last edited:
My “anecdotal evidence” was in response to Sheldon Cooper’s conclusion that omnicron is “debilitating” to anyone not vax’d. Please.

I assure you I’m no anti-vax’r (I’m vax’d and boosted) and am rather educated at all aspects of the various COVID variants out there . Anyone who thinks wearing a cloth mask or shutting down travel or schools is going to slow this latest variant is sorely mistaken. The reality is that omnicron appears to be on par with measles as the most contagious virus in the world. Thankfully, as of now, it appears far less lethal than the prior COVID variants And has very little affect on those who are Vax’d. most analysis out there show about 70% of vaccinated persons are asymptomatic when they get omnicron, and the others get mild symptoms. The speed that it is spreading will likely make the next month or two tough as we will face staffing challenges across all aspects of labor, mixed in with our idiot government trying to initiate mandates which will continue to be useless. Much of the reason for the intense spread is that omnicron affects the upper respiratory system making it easier to transmit (and also far less serious to most).

The reality is most of us will get omnicron (you may not even know you’ve already had it), and will move forward no worse for the wear.
Bingo! Great post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT