ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley goes off

I love her answer. This answer just helped her get 10 more recruits from diverse communities.

It use to be that the top players go to UConn, Tennessee, Stanford or Baylor. Today’s players really are picking coaches and communities that they can identify with. Caitlin in Iowa, next year’s Arizona class, LSU, Virginia Tech, Miami ect, ect…. Coaches need to get their identities out as much as possible. Dawn’s response was a clear message to recruits from diverse communities. She’s telling them that if you have people in power negatively labeling you then I’m your coach. What minority basketball player wouldn’t love hearing that from a college coach. The top 20 players now have about 30 schools to choose from. That makes for a great tournament every year.

It use to be that the top players go to UConn, Tennessee, Stanford or Baylor. Today’s players really are picking coaches and communities that they can identify with. Caitlin in Iowa, next year’s Arizona class, LSU, Virginia Tech, Miami ect, ect…. Coaches need to get their identities out as much as possible. Dawn’s response was a clear message to recruits from diverse communities. She’s telling them that if you have people in power negatively labeling you then I’m your coach. What minority basketball player wouldn’t love hearing that from a college coach. The top 20 players now have about 30 schools to choose from. That makes for a great tournament every year.
i feel u. but if you looked at the last games... dawn and kim clearly arent recruiting the same players iowa is.

i feel u. but if you looked at the last games... dawn and kim clearly arent recruiting the same players iowa is.
For years our school(we own a school( has preached diversity. You guys seem to think we are wrong. That you should only recruit one type of recruit. We hire adults at our school of all races.

But I am getting the feeling that this board thinks we are wrong. That we were wrong to diversify our recruiting.

For years our school(we own a school( has preached diversity. You guys seem to think we are wrong. That you should only recruit one type of recruit. We hire adults at our school of all races.

But I am getting the feeling that this board thinks we are wrong. That we were wrong to diversify our recruiting.
Who is we?

do they teach you how to formulate sentences at your school?

Reactions: OnBall8
Dawn has already offered a full ride to McKenna from Mitty. I do agree with you that they typically are recruiting different demographics. Caitlin being from Iowa really was a blessing for Iowa because she may have picked a top program if from a big city.

Reactions: ankleassassin
??? I think diversity is amazing. I think diversity is what makes the US soooo amazing. I put a premium on anyone who can be successful and empathic in diverse environments.
My wife and i own a school. And diversity is a big word there. You don't have to like it but we preach it.

Reactions: NorCalHoopz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT