ADVERTISEMENT

DLS Can't Compete With Recruiting Factories

I was referring more to wealth of talent in a semi small area. Sierra Foothills schools.

In regards to talent in a small area Del Paso Heights region comes before Folsom. Don and Reggie Rogers, Aaron Garcia, Clyde Sanders, DJ Williams, Donte Stallworth, Paris Warren, Devontae Booker, James Sample, Syd and Shaq Thompson, etc. And hundreds of others.

I'd even take the South Sac area over Folsom. Lance Briggs, Rae Curruth, Jeremiah Parms, Antuan Simmons, Keith Lewis, Terrance Mitchell, etc.

Folsom is new to the game. Doing big things but definitely doesn't produce the most or best talent. Not trying to negate Folsom's great accomplishment's but DPH region is stronger.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
In regards to talent in a small area Del Paso Heights region comes before Folsom. Don and Reggie Rogers, Aaron Garcia, Clyde Sanders, DJ Williams, Donte Stallworth, Paris Warren, Devontae Booker, James Sample, Syd and Shaq Thompson, etc. And hundreds of others.

I'd even take the South Sac over Folsom. Lance Briggs, Rae Curruth, Jeremiah Parms, Antuan Simmons, Keith Lewis, Terrance Mitchell, etc.

Folsom is new to the game. Doing big things but definitely don't produce the most or best talent. Not trying to negate Folsom's great accomplishment's but DPH region is stronger.
I am referring to the SFL schools due to their relatively small proximity to each other. No just Folsom. It wasn't a slight on other areas in any way.

He is right about the talent in Orange County. South LA county too. Heck Long Beach Poly and St. John Bosco are only about 10 miles apart.

Both. Let's hear it.

I no particular school I root for in Bay Area. I mostly root for kids/their teams I have had experience with. So in no particular order that has been. Freedom, Pitt, MV, Central Catholic, CV, Concord,NG, and DLS, and Lincoln. As for me Edison, as if it matters

New I'm guessing he's going to say St Mary's.;)

Naw. I do like that kid Frampton. And as I noted I think they were the team that could genuinely make a claim to being better than the team that beat them. Mainly due to the fact Frampton and his backup both went down in crunch time. Seemed to be the difference.

I clarified above. Clearly reading comprehension is not taught at SoCal schools.

Correct Jethro. Right after you and the CA claim was proven wrong you tried to change the parameters of the topic. Basically is now if your daddy doesn't have a rag for a gas cap, and a empty silver bullets rolling around his truck bed your area isn't included.

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
Correct Jethro. Right after you and the CA claim was proven wrong you tried to change the parameters of the topic. Basically is if your daddy doesn't have a rag for a gas cap, and a empty silver bullet rolling around his truck bed your area isn't included.
Winning.

Umm, just took break from Dubs game to NCP's and checked in on DLS thread and people talkin' about wearin' women's dresses??
OK on to next thread.. done with this, goin' nowhere fast - Dubs game suddenly much more interesting, good nite everyone..

First off how about name the transfers on this years Bosco team. While it may have been true 4-5,years ago my understanding is this team the majority were in fact freshman at Bosco.
Second CVC is a transfer built program DLS had zero problem slapping around. Again all the talent in the world doesn't make a great team. It starts with coaching, parents, kids, etc, and that translates to field. I would think a DLS supporter would understand this.

From another board, an SJB guy listed all the transfers -- I forget how many, but he was making a point that "only 9" were starters

SJB isn't only school in country doing this -- IMG recruits from all over the country and has a better "recruititing class than any college, including Alabama, BG got 4 starters including likely national POY from OOS, STA in FL had 40 D1 kids on rister, including 8 WRs, Grayson (ga) got to be a top 5 team in the strength of 19 transfers, Mater Dei, Cc, etc

Am not judging -- and I get bubba's sarcasm as DLS has some advantages over, i.e., Cal, but there is a huge escalation in hsfb recruiting of upperclass transfers going on at the most elite level

DLS won't play that game and we may never see another DLS team that is arguably the best in the country, as has happened 13 of last 22 years with at least someone's MNC

I'm OK with that

DLS will be fine. The two 6'4 300 pound sophomores that transferred from Grant (allegedly) will be huge additions next season. Don't know how much it will hurt if they lose the stud Frosh defensive end playing JV(before being suspended from team mid season) that was living with the dls coach and was accused of raping the Carondelet student.

Haven't heard about the Grant kids -- more details?

Consider me skeptical until I see them if theylll be juniors next season -- plus, I'll be surprised if they start -- DLS likes quick OL and puts very little premium on size -- the starting center this year weighed 175# -- they tried to teach Khalil McKenzie when he was there and he never got it

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
they tried to teach Khalil McKenzie when he was there and he never got it

Got,it or not he may have been the best player they fielded in the original loss to Bosco. My understanding is he never really bought into the team first DLS way program, So he left. And frankly a arguement could be made it wasn't the right call. He reported way out of shape and is seeing limited time in a defense with injury issues. And I believe was getting less reps than another true freshman before injury. This coming from a top prospect in all the land. Hard to think that would have happened had he stayed at DLS.

Last edited:
Got,it or not he may have been the best player they fielded in the original loss to Bosco. My understanding is he never really bought into the team first DLS way program, So he left. And frankly a arguement could be made it wasn't the right call. He reported way out of shape and is seeing limited time in a defense with injury issues. And I believe was getting less reps than another true freshman before injury. This coming from a rop prospect in all the land. Hard to think that would have happened had he stayed at DLS.

Yep

I'm not sure Khalil's presence wasn't more harmful than helpful overall -- that class didn't buy in imho as much as those before or since

Put the '16 kids hearts in the '13 kids bodies and DLS may be 8-time defending state champs

I'm not sure Khalil's presence wasn't more harmful than helpful overall -- that class didn't buy in imho as much as those before or since

I agree completely. They went to a program that allowed them to calll the shot and frankly it cost them. Watched his younger brother get man handled in game with DLS and basically his best move was to frankly just hold. (Snap after poor snap) A kid his size should flat out dominate and he didn't do that. Had they stayed in a program like DLS I think both would have been better prepared.

Reactions: aztecpadre
I agree completely. They went to a program that allowed them to calll the shot and frankly it cost them. Watched his younger brother get man handled in game with DLS and basically his best move was to frankly just hold. (Snap after poor snap) A kid his size should flat out dominate and he didn't do that. Had they stayed in a program like DLS I think both would have been better prepared.

From a talent standpoint Khalil is head and shoulders above little brother Jalen. IMO Jalen might be the most overrated prospect in the entire region

I actually gained respect for the DLS program the way they handled the McKenzie situation

Reactions: concrete17
De la Salle is King of Norcal Football. If they start attracting these 6'4 300 lb lineman, the staff may have to evolve offensively to fit their new personnel.

De la Salle is King of Norcal Football. If they start attracting these 6'4 300 lb lineman, the staff may have to evolve offensively to fit their new personnel.

I'm of the opinion that about 90% of all high school players in excess of 300 pounds are not very good players. It's not natural for 17 year old young men to carry that kind of weight. Khalil McKenzie is one of the few I've seen in person that could pull that off.

Reactions: Indianpride45
I actually gained respect for the DLS program the way they handled the McKenzie situation

I agree. Lots of misinformation out there that they blocked his SR. year and all. His situation is why the rule is in place. They didn't like being held to the same standard as everybody else and wanted to do their own thing its my understanding. So they left because they couldn't have it their way, and went up the street to a program/coach that would make them the focal point of everything and do as they want. That was ruled a transfer based solely on athletics and rightfully so. Now like the rule or not (which I don't) the rule was enforced how it is written.

I'm of the opinion that about 90% of all high school players in excess of 300 pounds are not very good players. It's not natural for 17 year old young men to carry that kind of weight. Khalil McKenzie is one of the few I've seen in person that could pull that off.

Very true, however De LA Salle is starting to bring in more Poly kids. Many of these kids already have football in their DNA. They grow up playing rugby and football.

Reactions: Bubba3000
That was my understanding as well, Indian. The McKenzie's wanted their son to participate in the Nike summer camps, something DLS frowned upon.

I believe DLS will need bigger lineman soon if they wish to continue to compete at the top level (aka State and National). It seems this year's DLS team had fewer lineman playing both ways, a sign perhaps that smaller lineman will wear down against the SJB's and Mater Dei's over the course of a game.

And the DLS O Line looked small this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT