ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs Folsom Debate

I think the arguments are somewhat fair except that it should be noted that Folsom DOES play in Norcals premier league in the SFL. Almost every game is a playoff game.

And before this starts Folsom has played a top team from Idaho. Oakdale AT the the Corral and Sac High AT their place. Jesuit as well which is one of the best Delta League teams. Not exactly a cupcake schedule. I agree it's not Gorman or Bosco, but you guys are acting like they went out and scheduled Maria Carrillo and Windsor. I think the criticism is a bit harsh.

Reactions: playsomeball
Scheduling Sac High wasn't good enough? You picked Sac High to win and felt they were better before the game was played. So Folsom schedules a team you thought was better. That didn't work out so then you say they have to schedule better opponents?

Comical. Lol
Let me make myself perfectly clear here. Folsom has a very good program by NorCal standards year in and year out. They're also well respected by most programs in SoCal as well. However, scheduling NorCal teams for the last half of a decade in which they are favorite to beat just doesn't work anymore. If Folsom fans and coaches want the ultimate respect from their NorCal peers they need to take their winning habits to another level. No need of scheduling a Jesuit, Oakdale, Idaho powers or any other Delta League power because Folsom will always be the favorite to win that contest. Schedule Southern Cal perennial powers like Chaminade, Redlands East Valley, Valencia, San Clemente, Mission Viejo or the Central Section power Central HS (Fresno). Folsom may be favorite to win one or two of those games at best. Stop scheduling SJS teams that you're favorite to beat as soon as the ink dries on the agreement between the two schools. Do us all a favor if you're really connected to the Folsom program. Tell coach Richardson to schedule a few teams he's not FAVORED to beat. Also tell him he's giving the impression that he's cherry picking winnable games instead of challenging himself and his players. No, Sac High wasn't good enough if Folsom is looking for NorCal respect. I picked Sac High because of two things. I know coaches that are associated with the program and I know their kids aren't afraid of Folsom's past history like most schools in NorCal. That said, I have no problem with coach Richardson scheduling Sac High. Right now that should be the only program in NorCal that he schedule in preseason play. Folsom, tell Richardson to stop ducking SoCal perennial powers before he's too old to coach.

Nothing comical here. Serious as a heart attack!!!;)

Last edited:
Let me make myself perfectly clear here. Folsom has a very good program by NorCal standards year in and year out. They're also well respected by most programs in SoCal as well. However, scheduling NorCal teams for the last half of a decade in which they are favorite to beat just doesn't work anymore. If Folsom fans and coaches want the ultimate respect from their NorCal peers they need to take their winning habits to another level. No need of scheduling a Jesuit, Oakdale, Idaho powers or any other Delta League power because Folsom will always be the favorite to win that contest. Schedule Southern Cal perennial powers like Chaminade, Redlands East Valley, Valencia, San Clemente, Mission Viejo or the Central Section power Central HS (Fresno). Folsom may be favorite to win one or two of those games at best. Stop scheduling SJS teams that you're favorite to beat as soon as the ink dries on the agreement between the two schools. Do us all a favor if you're really connected to the Folsom program. Tell coach Richardson to schedule a few teams he's not FAVORED to beat. Also tell him he's giving the impression that he's cherry picking winnable games instead of challenging himself and his players. No, Sac High wasn't good enough if Folsom is looking for NorCal respect. I picked Sac High because of two things. I know coaches that are associated with the program and I know their kids aren't afraid of Folsom's past history like most schools in NorCal. That said, I have no problem with coach Richardson scheduling Sac High. Right now that should be the only program in NorCal that he schedule in preseason play. Folsom, tell Richardson to stop ducking SoCal perennial powers before he's too old to coach.

Nothing comical here. Serious as a heart attack!!!;)
You said Sac High was better. You said they would win. Now you say scheduling them earns no respect and they need to schedule better. Lol!

Serious as our state titles ;)

Your boy Mixon is struggling on one of the worst offenses in football. I give him 2 years and he'll be working at Wal-Mart lol

You said Sac High was better. You said they would win. Now you say scheduling them earns no respect and they need to schedule better. Lol!

Serious as our state titles ;)

Your boy Mixon is struggling on one of the worst offenses in football. I give him 2 years and he'll be working at Wal-Mart lol
First of all, this has nothing to do with Mixon so if you want to bang on a NFL player in which he makes more money then you or I together start another thread. Now back to Folsom's favorable preseason scheduling. TFB in all seriousness, tell us what's wrong with scheduling a formidable opponent from the Southern Section? Why are you ducking the conversation of playing a San Clemente, Mission Viejo, Redlands, Chaminade or Valencia?

Btw, Sac High has never been the favorite and they won one and lost one. To be honest, that doesn't look good for Folsom that Sac High gave them the business in one of those games. And yes, Folsoms state titles are very impressive to me. I rooted for them against Serra of Gardena and against Oceanside of Diego. Now can you honestly answer the real question I posed which is why does it seem like Folsom is ducking the Southern powers I mentioned? I don't want Folsom to play Bosco, Mater Dei, Centennial or Oaks Christian. I want to see them compete against a public power in So Cal. Am I asking too much of Folsom here?

I think the arguments are somewhat fair except that it should be noted that Folsom DOES play in Norcals premier league in the SFL. Almost every game is a playoff game.

And before this starts Folsom has played a top team from Idaho. Oakdale AT the the Corral and Sac High AT their place. Jesuit as well which is one of the best Delta League teams. Not exactly a cupcake schedule. I agree it's not Gorman or Bosco, but you guys are acting like they went out and scheduled Maria Carrillo and Windsor. I think the criticism is a bit harsh.
I'm in agreement that Folsom doesn't play weak teams, but the teams you mention aren't on the same level as the ones Joe Mixon mentioned. Not saying this would be a year to schedule up, but when Folsom has a team like they did in 14 and everyone knew they were going to be awesome, it would have been nice to see them play some teams on a different level, such as the ones mentioned.

Unfortunately the way the South does their playoffs and has all their top teams playing for the same section title, the North catches a break when it comes to the D1 game. Your lucky to get a top 10 Socal team in that game and I realize Folsom had no control over their state bowl opponent in 14. Although the 10 Folsom state title was legit, cause Serra was highly ranked. Would have loved to have seen Folsom have a couple of teams at that caliber in 14. IMO I feel like 14 was a better team, but was never tested, so as it stands the 10 team appears to have been the stronger team.

Just saying all this hate is stemming from not playing anyone at their level. Don't get me wrong, I root for Folsom all the time being a SJS guy, but even as a fan I recognize they have yet to prove how good they are in their best years, excluding 10, and of course the 2 years they were knocked out in the regional. Although SoCal guys will blame it on the rain in that 2010 game lol

Reactions: JoeMixon
There's no debate, no rivalry. DLS is in another universe right now compared to Folsom. These teams should meet in the playoffs every year. The best teams in So Cal slug it out every year for the top sectional championship in the country. Can you imagine how poor Nor Cal's record in state bowl games would be if So Cal sent Bosco, Mater Dei, Corona Centennial, and Mission Viejo to Sac State every year?

I was with you till you the last one. MV? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Folsom is content with their scheduling maybe they don't see themselves as an elite program...the fans do but maybe the coaches doesn't. Struggling with sac high isn't a good thing what has sac high done in football? What did they do the years before Folsom decided to play them. Win metro league? Sac high always had athletes which proves to give Folsom a problem...folsom is good but they aren't always loaded with talent 2014 was special and 2010 was good they were fortunate grant had a lot of injuries in the rematch

I'm in agreement that Folsom doesn't play weak teams, but the teams you mention aren't on the same level as the ones Joe Mixon mentioned. Not saying this would be a year to schedule up, but when Folsom has a team like they did in 14 and everyone knew they were going to be awesome, it would have been nice to see them play some teams on a different level, such as the ones mentioned.

Unfortunately the way the South does their playoffs and has all their top teams playing for the same section title, the North catches a break when it comes to the D1 game. Your lucky to get a top 10 Socal team in that game and I realize Folsom had no control over their state bowl opponent in 14. Although the 10 Folsom state title was legit, cause Serra was highly ranked. Would have loved to have seen Folsom have a couple of teams at that caliber in 14. IMO I feel like 14 was a better team, but was never tested, so as it stands the 10 team appears to have been the stronger team.

Just saying all this hate is stemming from not playing anyone at their level. Don't get me wrong, I root for Folsom all the time being a SJS guy, but even as a fan I recognize they have yet to prove how good they are in their best years, excluding 10, and of course the 2 years they were knocked out in the regional. Although SoCal guys will blame it on the rain in that 2010 game lol
I agree. But it just seems like whoever we beat, a new person comes in and says "well you can't beat that other team!" When does it end!? Lol

I guess it's a indirect compliment to the program. I like it!

Go Folsom!

Your boys got beat by slants. What does that say about their athletes. No elite whatsoever. What a myth!

Then the excuse can out about Folsom getting darker! The best one I've heard to date. Next up- Folsom recruits stars in Japan!
Down play it all you want lol I actually got a warning for saying that but it's the truth Ypi know it you just like trolling those that know about folsoms athletes...2018!!! Better step the recruiting up a notch

Down play it all you want lol I actually got a warning for saying that but it's the truth Ypi know it you just like trolling those that know about folsoms athletes...2018!!! Better step the recruiting up a notch
Ya that was out of line for sure.

Better work on that slant defense though!

But still couldn't defend a simple slant.

I guess those athletes on the foothills are just puttin in more work future!

The trash talks been fun future. Hope u take no offense. It's all in good fun.

But still couldn't defend a simple slant.

I guess those athletes on the foothills are just puttin in more work future!

The trash talks been fun future. Hope u take no offense. It's all in good fun.

Naw I enjoy the trash talk I feel like Folsom vs grant will be the new nu vs grant...folsom being good shook up some feathers...personally I know it's gonna make grant take that next step as a program after 20 years we are finally headed in a wide open offensive system which I believe the sfl is the reason we can't win that league being 1 dimensional watching teams blitz us every down knowing we not going to pass is frustrating to watch..

Solid post.

I agree. But it just seems like whoever we beat, a new person comes in and says "well you can't beat that other team!" When does it end!? Lol

I guess it's a indirect compliment to the program. I like it!

Go Folsom!
Naw TFB you conversing with guys that see through the Folsom mask of scheduling no risk teams. Like future said, you know the deal so stop down playing it. Check this out TFB. When was the last time a Folsom team schedule a SoCal catholic power like Sac High did last season? That's what you call coaches that aren't afraid of competition. Your preseason scheduling doesn't reflect a two time state champion. It reflects a program that's scared to death of competition. Tell coach Richardson to step his game up bruh.

Reactions: future10
Naw TFB you conversing with guys that see through the Folsom mask of scheduling no risk teams. Like future said, you know the deal so stop down playing it. Check this out TFB. When was the last time a Folsom team schedule a SoCal catholic power like Sac High did last season? That's what you call coaches that aren't afraid of competition. Your preseason scheduling doesn't reflect a two time state champion. It reflects a program that's scared to death of competition. Tell coach Richardson to step his game up bruh.

Think about it sac high gives them problems and they aren't a top 10 sac bee team but they are a top 5 team based off athletes on the field Folsom has to love the fact that the sfl doesn't have a team with tremendous athletes that can run they have great coaching and storied programs. Folsom is the 1 program in that league that has good athletes (from outside sources) and that's why they are on a undefeated sfl streak...that's why I love grant going to the sfl

Think about it sac high gives them problems and they aren't a top 10 sac bee team but they are a top 5 team based off athletes on the field Folsom has to love the fact that the sfl doesn't have a team with tremendous athletes that can run they have great coaching and storied programs. Folsom is the 1 program in that league that has good athletes (from outside sources) and that's why they are on a undefeated sfl streak...that's why I love grant going to the sfl
Folsom is among the top teams in this state. Gotta expand your mind future. Sac metro area is just a blip on the map.

Folsom is among the top teams in this state. Gotta expand your mind future. Sac metro area is just a blip on the map.[/QUOTE

It's funny you say that cause Folsom is 1-1 with metro leagues top team...curios to to know from a bulldogs fan perspective on why they struggle with sac high when they usually roll area teams what challenges do they present that others don't

Folsom is among the top teams in this state. Gotta expand your mind future. Sac metro area is just a blip on the map.

Folsom clearly doesn't want national respect they don't even schedule teams ranked in the top 25 in the state...it's one of those we will play them only if we have to type of situation..."

I hope not, but Grant may struggle in the SFL... Granite Bay, Rocklin, Folsom, Oak Ridge, and Del Oro have all had success against Grant. This move has the potential to be disatrous. These teams do not have the athletes that Grant has but they are typically well coached and fundamentally
sound!

Think about it sac high gives them problems and they aren't a top 10 sac bee team but they are a top 5 team based off athletes on the field Folsom has to love the fact that the sfl doesn't have a team with tremendous athletes that can run they have great coaching and storied programs. Folsom is the 1 program in that league that has good athletes (from outside sources) and that's why they are on a undefeated sfl streak...that's why I love grant going to the sfl[/QUOTE

I hope not, but Grant may struggle in the SFL... Granite Bay, Rocklin, Folsom, Oak Ridge, and Del Oro have all had success against Grant. This move has the potential to be disatrous. These teams do not have the athletes that Grant has but they are typically well coached and fundamentally
sound!

Folsom clearly doesn't want national respect they don't even schedule teams ranked in the top 25 in the state...it's one of those we will play them only if we have to type of situation..."
I think a high rated team is something to be proud of. The good news is it will all sort itself in the playoffs. Folsom will meet their match at some point and hopefully plays top rated socal team we can all stop moaning and groaning. Lol

I think a high rated team is something to be proud of. The good news is it will all sort itself in the playoffs. Folsom will meet their match at some point and hopefully plays top rated socal team we can all stop moaning and groaning. Lol
Sounds content to me lol but I guess when you only been good for 7 years being local ain't to bad

2 state titles in those 7 years is something to be proud of. Rings rule!
Indeed it is couldve had a shot for more if dls wasn't in the way..I'll always respect what Folsom has done in the amount of years it took them to become a force they completely took the torch from grant...and it's time to reclaim what's ours

Wait a minute...you work at Home Depot and Target, and you're making fun of someone who works at Wal-Mart??? Oh man, that's rich. LOL.

Didn't Rocklin take it to Sac High at Sac High in the gopher patch??? Seems Sac has lost to 2 SFL teams.....recently...just saying.

Didn't Rocklin take it to Sac High at Sac High in the gopher patch??? Seems Sac has lost to 2 SFL teams.....recently...just saying.

That's my point lol inderkum beat them in the play offs sac high has no football history they were never a football school only when they play Folsom are they looked as a quality opponent it's all about match ups and what sac high puts on the field matches up with Folsom better than the sfl teams...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT