ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t lose Caden Pinnick in the shuffle…

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
All the Del Oro 3-sports star did in the semifinal at the Arnett Classic at Placer HS was score 41, 24 of those in the last 10 minutes as they held off Rio Americano.

Del Oro faces host Placer in the finals tonight, in a rematch of an earlier loss to Placer. I was in attendance as Placer bet DO that night…. I have no idea about the backstory, but for some reason Pinnick didn’t start and didn’t enter the game until either late in the 1st or at the start of the 2nd. I’m sure Caden P and his gang really, really, REALLY want this rematch!

All the Del Oro 3-sports star did in the semifinal at the Arnett Classic at Placer HS was score 41, 24 of those in the last 10 minutes as they held off Rio Americano.

Del Oro faces host Placer in the finals tonight, in a rematch of an earlier loss to Placer. I was in attendance as Placer bet DO that night…. I have no idea about the backstory, but for some reason Pinnick didn’t start and didn’t enter the game until either late in the 1st or at the start of the 2nd. I’m sure Caden P and his gang really, really, REALLY want this rematch!
In order to be victorious tonight Placer understands they need to slow Pinnick down,i say slow him down because stopping him would be near impossible because he’s that good of an athlete! I believe Placer Coach Sweesey wiil call on team Captain and 4 yr varsity player Ben Manley to shadow Pinnick everywhere he goes and others will be looking to double team when possible,help Manley guard him by shutting down the lanes and keep Pinnick from driving to the hoop because he’s got a great first step to go along with that speed.Placer has 2-3 good defenders they can rotate on Pinnick,the other is Howard or Manley’s younger brother soph Joe! It’s going to be a good one thats for sure,both crowds will be cheering and screaming tonight and the Earl Crabbe will definitely be ROCKING and ROLLING!

Last edited:
Reactions: lessgo

Caden started the game last time but picked up two quick fouls in the first minute of the game.

Caden started the game last time but picked up two quick fouls in the first minute of the game.
ESPN,It was a tale of two halves as Placer had a little lull for 4-5 possessions in 1st qtr without scoring and finding themselves dn by 12 early while Del Oro could do no wrong in 1st half,shooting,rebounding,defense building a 20 pt lead at half time.Placer came out in 2nd half with more intensity than usual needing to cut that 20 pt deficit and they did but with 2:30 left in 3rd Placer was still dn by 23 pts and then they caught momentum and started hitting the 3’s,full court pressure with steals and good defensive stops forcing DO to either miss shots they were consistently making in 1st half in building that mountainous double digit lead Placer needed to cut,or they turned ball over by Placers pressure and intensity or had the ball stolen but it was Placers intense pressure that finally had Placer cutting into that 23 pt deficit to have DO now doing everything they could to halt Placer rally as they saw their now 20 pt lead to end 3rd qtr and start 4th lead cut to 6 pts with 1:26 left in the game and now having to foul and putting mainly Pinnick at the line as DO got the ball in his hands the rest of the way and he delivered making all his free throws and halting Placers 2nd half rally and sealing the victory……DO’s hot play in 1st half building a 20 pt lead had Placer playing catch up in 2nd half vs a very good DO team led by a fantastic player and leader in Caden Pinnick…..these two rivals always put on a great show to the point tempers began flairing and trash talking began as Placer made its come back,after a hard foul by DO center Williams #44 on Placers #11 team captain Ben Manley as they dove for a loose ball that Manley stripped from a now frustrated Williams leading to the two needing to be seperated by coaches and players that led to a now vocal Pinnick getting in on the finger pointing and trash talking with Placers Manley as he came to his team mates defense as DO’s leader….Manley obliged! So now we got both teams best players and team captains going at each other in a heated Kendall Arnett Championship.Both Placer and Del Oro will do well in their respective Divisions Del Oro in the SFL and Div2 playoffs and Placer in the D3 FVL and playoffs.This is always a heated contest whenever these neighbors and long time rivals get together regardless of sport…always has been,these very intense,competitive and sometimes combative ( not many but some) get togethers by these two proud programs comes as no surprise to our communities!Like i said earlier if you have never experienced a Kendall Arnett Tournament…do so,it always brings out the very best in its participants….especially these two,lol! 😂😂🏆🏆👏👏

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT