ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL 1st HALF AWARDS

NorCalScout

Sports Fanatic
Jul 10, 2001
MVP- Mitu (MV)
Coach of he Year- Jones (MV). Win the state, graduate 3 stars (Rust, John & Jackson) and still tied for the league lead.
Defensive Player- Johnson (Granada) & Polosky (SRV)
6th Man- Mitu (MV)

1st Team:
Peters (DLS)
W. LaShells (MV)
Smith (SRV)
Johnson (Granada)
Chaffee (AV)
Cobb (FH)

Best home crowd:
Monte Vista

Worst Home Crowd:
Foothill

Best 6th Man:
San Ramon

Worst 6th Man:
Amador Valley

Best Announcer:
DLS

Best Gym:
San Ramon/Granada

Worst Gym:
DLS/Livermore

Best Snack Bar:
San Ramon

Best Cheer:
Foothill & San Ramon

Worst: Cheer:
DLS

Best Parents:
Granada

Worst Parents:
San Ramon

Best Parking:
Monte Vista

Worst Parking:
DLS

Best Admin:
San Ramon

Worst Admin:
DLS

Best Sound System:
DLS/Granada

Worst Sound:
Monte Vista

Scout ..Try to give some love to my Grizzlies..its hard..i know..but halftime at Cal, we have one the best dance teams in the nation.and Leonard Matthews best announcer hands down!...

Just a couple comments and/or questions...

I would guess that if NCScout named a 2nd team, it would have 2 or 3 DLS kids on it, maybe even 4...

Question: When you say best-worst Admin, what are you referring to? Scheduling? Info on getting tickets to big games that may sell out? Getting through to a live person to ask a question about an upcoming game? Website? All of the above?

I wouldn't put DLS on any "worst gym" list, other than that it's smallish for such a bigtime program... FWIW, Amador's pretty bad, with the dangerous slippery tile flooring just beyond the baselines and not-so-good lighting and broken-down bathrooms that looked like something from Alcatraz...

Bad parking at DLS? I never have trouble getting in or out, nor with finding a space to park. But no, I'm not gonna give up my secrets :)

As far as best/worst parents, I've not really seen any that were all that bad since I got back from Oregon in 2012... And I often have a number of 'em near me because I like to sit on the scorer's-table side where I can see the refs communicate with the table (and so do many parents). On the other hand, I did run across a few totally freaked-out parents during my time in Oregon... Some of 'em were so crazy I had to keep from laughing at 'em or I might be on the receiving end of a knuckle sandwich!

I notice "worst snack bar" wasn't listed... My vote goes for DLS's. Three types of candy bars, all ghastly peanutty types... Often just about nothing else other than a few soft drinks. Bleah. And that's if the snack bar is actually open...

The SRV and Cal High gyms are virtually carbon copies and were built at the same time by the same people. SRV's gym is more accessible as it is in the front of the school while Cal's is in the very back, but parking can also be a problem at SRV when there are crowds such as when MV or DLS visit.

The Cal gym is the worst. To build a new place with no locker rooms is unbelievable. If this drought ever ends, when it rains, players have to run through the rain about 20 years to the old gym where locker rooms are. If your gonna spend millions building a new gym, why wouldn't you put locker rooms there? Just a thought. But I think they have shot clocks on the side baskets, so they got that going for them ... which is nice, lol.

Any of you old enough to remember the old gym? Shaped like a stop sign, ramps behind the back boards, people standing up above the benches yelling down and a loud student body section on the floor of the building. Every HS gym is a rectangle with stands on the sides and white walls with baskets at the end. That old Cal gym was a real home court advantage. They should have just built them a practice gym, like they did at MVHS and then refurbished the old gym. Anyway, just a thought

PL

Agreed 100% CLC. The new Cal gym is a carbon copy of the new SRV gym, but for the unexplained locker room issue. The old gym that your son played in had some real character, yellow lighting stagnant air and all, and was a great home court advantage. It's a shame they now play in such a generic Event Center. I was just surprised someone thought the new SRV gym was something special.

This post was edited on 2/11 11:58 PM by observer22

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT