ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL & DFAL PREDICTIONS 2/17

NorCalScout

Sports Fanatic
Jul 10, 2001
Monte Vista over Amador- This game will be a close battle and possibly OT if Monte Vista is careful. Amador has given them fits over the years with their size, strength and length. Monte Vista is playing very well and are I think there will be a little let down from their huge win over De La Salle but I see them coming out in the 2nd half and taking control of this one. Ruotolo needs to find his way again with his long range shooting, it will open up the inside for Chaffee and company.

San Ramon over De La Salle- I think this game is a toss up and I almost go with the home teams when it's that close. De La Salle has no inside game, so I am thinking Spackman and Polosky should have big nights while Fuca and Smith some dominate at both ends and give the Spartans fits. Romeo and Portis will both have to good games and set up shooters Peters, Ratinho and Macarchuk as well as knock down some big shots to keep this close. I think teams coming off games against Monte Vista are demoralized and I think it will effect them here tonight.

Granada over California- Granada coming off a great team win and they were able to get well balanced scoring when Johnson didn't have one of his best games. I think they continue to ride high on confidence and are able to get another win and should go into NCS riding a 3 game win streak.

Foothill over Livermore- It's Livermore, do I need to explain myself here, I think we are all on the same page.

Campo over Miramonte- Just a few years ago, this was a huge game and battle/rivalry game but how times have changed. Campo won there 1st meeting by 16 points and I think the score should be somewhat similar but I am hoping the Mats play inspired basketball and make a game out of this.

Las Lomas over Alhambra- This is probably going to be a really good game between two teams that can score the basketball but don't play any defense. Las Lomas in a nose dive down at the worst time but could salvage something by winning there next two games and going into NCS on a high note. Alhambra has nothing to play for except pride and those kinds of teams are dangerous, especially at this time of year. Both teams should be in the 80's.

Acalanes over Dougherty- This was a toss up yet again & I am going with the home team here. Dougherty has played well in the 2nd half but they are always flirting with disaster. Acalanes beat Miramonte a few games ago and lost a tough one against Alhambra. If Hewitt can find some help from Harrington and Kinnear, then I think this will go down to the wire. If Dougherty can control the boards and loose balls, they should win going away.

Monte Vista over Amador
De La Salle over San Ramon
Granada over Cal
Foothill over Livermore

Campolindo over Miramonte
Alhambra over Las Lomas
Dougherty over Acalanes

Scout, good call on the MV-AV game. MV won a close battle 51-50 surviving a furious 4th quarter rally by AV.

DLS was down all game to SRV but outscored the Wolves 14-6 in the final quarter for a 57-51 comeback road win.

Cal knocked off Granada 81-72 with a strong 2nd half in a shocker, and Foothill rolled by 28 over Livermore.

Campo only beat the Mats by 7 as Hansen put up 35 pts and 20 boards.

LL beat Alhambra 76-73, and Dougherty got by Acalanes 69-62

I think Alhambra had a lot to play for. If I am not mistaken, two losses this week ends their season. They either needed to beat Las Lomas at home or Dougherty Valley on the road to qualify for NCS. If they qualify, they will be the 8 or 9 seed, but now after their close loss to LL, they must win at Dougherty Valley to extend their season.

Yes they do have a lot to play for, however if they sweep DV then I've lost all hope attempting to predict this league. DV sweeps Mira, Aca, and Dublin but splits with LL and gets whooped by Alhambra. If Alhambra beats them again then I dont know how to predict this league whatsoever. It is however fun to watch thats for sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT