ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL PREDICTIONS 2/10

NorCalScout

Sports Fanatic
Jul 10, 2001
Monte Vista over Livermore- Mustangs are on a 10 game win streak and probably playing as good as anyone in the Bay Area & I don't see that stopping here. They might have one of the best trios around in Mileski, LaShells and Mitu and even if they are looking a head to Friday nights showdown with the Spartans, they cruise to a victory here.

De La Salle over Amador- Even though the Dons gave the Spartans everything they could ask for in the first half of there 1st meeting, they just don't play hard enough and smart enough to pull off the upset. Allocco will be making sure the Spartans are on top of their game heading into their showdown against the Mustangs. Close for a while and maybe longer then most would think but in the end, a solid victory and a great defensive effort is what I am guessing.

San Ramon over California- Ever since the Monte Vista game, this team might be questioning themselves if they belong in the talks with Monte Vista and De La Salle but either way, they get an easy and much needed team victory tonight. Smith needs to step up and dominate like he was earlier and I look for him to be more aggressive and get everyone else involved as well.

Foothill over Granada- As you all know from previous years, if I can't decide who's going to win, I almost always go with the home team. Granada is the most disappointing team in this league and I have no idea what is going on with Johnson. Their struggles start with their coaching staff and it's had an effect on everyone else. Johnson and Stafford are playing like they just got called up from the JV team and their team defense is nowhere to be found, giving up almost 67 points in their last 5 games. Foothill is also struggling and struggling to score so something has to give tonight. Isaacs will have his team ready to play and this should be the best game of the night in this league.

Winners:

Monte Vista- Just win easily and be able to rest starters most of the 2nd half.

De la Salle- Amador poses problems for most teams in this league but they don't have the guard play to match up with their inside game.

San Ramon- This is my biggest let down team of the league. Most of us thought they could win or at least compete for the championship but lack of leadership has been costly for this team.

Granada- I am hoping they have their best game of the year and win on the road. Johnson does need to get back on track but I think against a soft team like Foothill, this happens tonight.

Losers:

Livermore- Mixture of not enough talent and lack of coaching leadership, that the kids aren't buying into will continue to haunt this program.

Amador- They have as much talent and size as anyone in this league. They can shoot it, they have a nice low post game but I think this team lacks heart and toughness to compete for championships.

Foothill- A surprise team most of us early on but they have come back to reality. Smoke and mirrors will only get you so far and they have a few nice pieces but not enough to crack the top 3 in this league.

Monte Vista will win without issues and that should not be a surprise. It is something special to wath this team, they keep it simple and execute with precision. Jones is coach of the year by a far stretch this season!

DLS will take care of business although if the game is at AV it could be closer than some believe. The Dons are playing better basketball than people give them credit for and although DLS is far superior I will give Amador credit that they can compete. It's also not their style, but could you blame DLS for looking ahead to the end of this week for the rematch against the Stangs?

I love it how SRV is the "disappointment" . I am sure there are several teams that would like to be a horrific 18-4, with their only two league losses on the road to DLS and MV. They will drill Cal this evening and continue to under perform with 20 wins until they have the two best teams at their place next week.

Granada is done, clear and simple. Johnson is a solid player but that is all that they have and the team has checked out. Foothill will win this game and it may not be all that close

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT