Vanden beat Lincoln 62-42
Valley Christian beat Bret Harte 71-65

CCS:

Priory beat Summit Shasta 68-45
Menlo beat Half Moon Bay 49-34
Evergreen Valley beat Los Altos 67-45
Shasta actually beat Priory to win their first D5 CCS

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Higher or lower D1 seed than Monte Vista? Marin Catholic? Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out. I think 1 of them is catching a HUGE break and ending up in D2.
I think O’Dowd goes highest of that group followed by Monte Vista then Marin Catholic. Monte Vista is the tough one to place out of that group

I saw complaining last year about “section champs” from the CCS and NCS getting “penalized “for winning the section by getting a double digit seed in a higher division or getting a road game. But they forgot to mention the part where they were gifted a title from the good teams in their division bumping up to open. So I really hope I don’t have to hear that again this year. Pretty sure the D1 bracket would played out just a little different ( SRV, CLET, Heritage) and D2 would have looked just a LITTLE different with Salesian and Acalanes. And D3 with Newman. CCS D1 and D3 bracket would have looked a little different with SI AND SHC and Paly etc. get on the bus and hit the road if that’s where you get placed and enjoy your banner.

I saw complaining last year about “section champs” from the CCS and NCS getting “penalized “for winning the section by getting a double digit seed in a higher division or getting a road game. But they forgot to mention the part where they were gifted a title from the good teams in their division bumping up to open. So I really hope I don’t have to hear that again this year. Pretty sure the D1 bracket would played out just a little different ( SRV, CLET, Heritage) and D2 would have looked just a LITTLE different with Salesian and Acalanes. And D3 with Newman. CCS D1 and D3 bracket would have looked a little different with SI AND SHC and Paly etc. get on the bus and hit the road if that’s where you get placed and enjoy your banner.
Well done. Best example of this is Heritage. Beat D1 champ MV by 20 earlier this season.

Are the NorCal seedings selected today (Sunday)? I'm also curious to see whether Clovis West is included in the field. I think that Pinewood played well offensively against Mitty and could potentially knock off other teams like they did to Salesian (road) & Sacred Heart Cathedral (road). I hope that its an 8 team open bracket.

Well that seeding meeting was ridiculous. I'm not sure how 21-5 and 1-2 in Open equated to a 14 seed in division 1 when 9-16 and 0-3 in Open last year earned an 13 seed in D1

Last edited:
Haven't seen the Open Bracket yet, but based on D1, looks like a 4 team Open bracket with Clovis West coming north?

Haven't seen the Open Bracket yet, but based on D1, looks like a 4 team Open bracket with Clovis West coming north?
5 team bracket for open in North and South. Piedmont, mitty and cw with byes. Salesian visits folsom

Mitty gets the #2 seed and has to play Clovis West in the semis after the bye.

Piedmont gets the winner for Salesian/Folsom

Seems about right. SMS not in open…only 5 teams there. Just bumps a few down. You can’t compare last year. NCS is deeper this year. SJS well represented.

question...how is Cornerstone have 28 regular season games when the max is 26? Isn't that an oversight on NCS?

Seems about right. SMS not in open…only 5 teams there. Just bumps a few down. You can’t compare last year. NCS is deeper this year. SJS well represented.
By that logic, last year's team should have been nowhere near D1 then. And SH holds a 4-2 head to head record of teams above them

Last edited:
If you look at it that way…SH got the short straw for sure..but they have beaten SRV so it should be a good matchup. My point is it’s a pretty competitive bracket top to bottom regardless of the perceived seeding issues.

Reactions: TheHillZ and blex20
If you look at it that way…SH got the short straw for sure..but they have beaten SRV so it should be a good matchup. My point is it’s a pretty competitive bracket top to bottom regardless of the perceived seeding issues.
SHC has already beaten SRV. I’d take that draw. Heritage got the short end of the stick. Sacrificed into the NCS Open over BOD.. anyone that knows anything about basketball in the NCS knows heritage couldn’t beat BOD. Now Heritage reward is a 16 seed in D1 while the team that benefits from heritage going open (Monte Vista and Granada gets a D2 3 seed and a D3 draw. Heritage was better off losing that early season , meaningless game to MV and they would have reversed roles this year. heritage would be D1 champs and a high D2 seed. Tough break.

Presumably Cornerstone had league playoffs, which don't count against the 26-game limit.

I was not able to make the game on Saturday.
I thought it be a closer game honestly. Does anyone have any thoughts on the game?
Savannah Jones played well for O’Dowd. O’Dowd lacks size but Moreau doesn’t have the players to take advantage of that and to me, it seems like O’Dowd is getting more settled about who does what and getting more experience for a young group.

Reactions: CaliHoops23
Savannah Jones played well for O’Dowd. O’Dowd lacks size but Moreau doesn’t have the players to take advantage of that and to me, it seems like O’Dowd is getting more settled about who does what and getting more experience for a young group.
That makes sense. Moreau Catholic had been demolishing teams, made me think this game was going to be a nail biter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT