ADVERTISEMENT

February 28 Scoreboard

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
College Park (1-0-1) beat Serra (0-2) 3-2. College Park got a home run from Rocky Sizemore and had four pitchers combine on a four hitter. Kevin Sharp got the start for the Falcons. Serra senior Logan Azem had a double and triple for Serra, which started senior Milo Cava (3.2 IP, 7 H, 2 R).

Willow Glen (2-0) beat Wilcox (0-1) 2-0 behind a three hit shutout from senior Arthur Jones. Willow Glen had three hits in the win including Jack Calloway going 1-for-3 with a RBI.

Monterey (1-0) beat Soquel (1-1) 6-1 as three pitchers combined on a three hitter with eight strikeouts. Monterey's Isaac Velasquez had six strikeouts in the final 2.2 innings. Soquel pitchers issued nine walks.

Pleasant Valley (1-0) beat Lincoln (0-1) 6-4 in a good intersectional matchup. The Vikings scored four runs in the top of the seventh. Austin York and Colton Daugherty each had two hits and two RBI for Pleasant Valley. Lincoln's pitchers totaled 13 strikeouts including six punchouts in 2.2 innings from Jack Nilsson. Michael Nutter went 3-for-4 with two RBI in the loss.

Playing in Southern California, Valley Christian-San Jose (1-0) beat North Gwinnett (4-2) in a matchup of nationally ranked teams according to MaxPreps. The Warriors scored in four of six innings. Jacob Hudson got the win.

Clovis North (7-0) beat Rocklin (0-1) 3-1. Toran O'Harran got the start for the Thunder and went four innings of two-hit ball with four strikeouts. Reece Mooney had Rocklin's only hit as Clovis North starter Ryan Ohara was locked in with 12 strikeouts over six innings.

Buchanan (6-1) beat Turlock (0-1) 2-1 in a matchup of two of the top teams in the preseason state poll by CalHiSports

Franklin-Elk Grove (1-0) beat Tulare Western 13-7 at the Cen Cal Showcase.

Clayton Valley Charter (2-1) moved past San Ramon Valley (1-1) 14-3 at the Pittsburg tournament. The Ugly Eagles got a 4-for-4 showing from Ryder Helfrick with a home run. Nine different players registered a hit for CVC, which got five innings of three hit ball with six strikeouts from starter Joe Soberon. San Ramon Valley was charged with four errors.

Stuart Hall(3-0) has won 3 straight games by 10-run mercy rule. Play @Head Royce this week, as well as home games with College Park and Athenian.

Usually I roam the basketball boards, but I'm actually more of a baseball guy. So here I am to represent the Hall on the baseball boards.

In previous years, I would have kept my mouth shut. We had ok teams...made NCS, but nothing special. But this is 2020...and I would argue Stuart Hall has one of the top 20 baseball teams in all of Northern California.

I'm not going to sit here and make it easy on people by picking out certain players. But just know Stuart Hall's staff goes 4-5 deep. Its an experienced team, that knows how to play the game the right way. Finally a top tier coaching staff.....and yah if you can't tell I'm pretty excited.

Schedule isn't the most daunting....but we still have to deal with Urban who is also a very good team.

Keep an eye out on my Knights and they play at SF State for Homegames if anyone wants to come out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT