ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom freshman makes eight first half 3s

go back and read the first line of his "critique". wait, that's too hard. here it is:

Other than Van Dyke Campo has little if anything at this point.

so nothing (my shorthand) isn't terrible. it's just emptiness. you must be Buddhist. clearly an apologist.

Last edited:
go back and read the first line of his "critique". wait, that's too hard. here it is:

so nothing (my shorthand) isn't terrible. it's just emptiness. you must be Buddhist. clearly an apologist.

I have seen Campo play..
with and without Thoms...

I stand by what I said...

at this point Van Dyke has little help.

Coach Thoms is in a tough spot...they wernt the deepest to start the season....and now with a key injury and a girl quitting its derailed a once promising season...

Doesnt mean the kids arent great kids or wont be successful in life....just means EXACTLY what I said.... very little left to help Van Dyke

Last edited:
I have seen Campo play..
with and without Thoms...

I stand by what I said...

at this point Van Dyke has little help.

Coach Thoms is in a tough spot...they wernt the deepest to start the season....and now with a key injury and a girl quitting its derailed a once promising season...

Doesnt mean the kids arent great kids or wont be successful in life....just means EXACTLY what I said.... very little left to help Van Dyke

I disagree on your view of the other players. K.Meyers, Grace, Marlee are three players that I can mention off hand that could continue to hold things down against Concord High, College Park, Acalanes, and Clayton Valley without Thoms and Van Dyke. I don't know the other 2 or 3 players to make a comment on them other than I'm sure Coach Art Thoms would work them in as well as possible.So only Miramonte is a league team that Campolindo would really need Van Dyke and Thoms IMO. Other than obviously needing more than 4 or 5 players total because of fouls, injuries, and rest. Even with Van Dyke and Thoms, I'm not sure they would beat Miramonte at this point. By the way what was the final score in the Campolindo vs Miramonte game last night? And how did it play out?

Last edited:
I disagree on your view of the other players. K.Meyers, Grace, Marlee are three players that I can mention off hand that could continue to hold things down against Concord High, College Park, Acalanes, and Clayton Valley without Thoms and Van Dyke. I don't know the other 2 or 3 players to make a comment on them other than I'm sure Coach Art Thoms would work them in as well as possible.So only Miramonte is a league team that Campolindo would really need Van Dyke and Thoms IMO. Other than obviously needing more than 4 or 5 players total because of fouls, injuries, and rest. Even with Van Dyke and Thoms I'm not sure they would beat Miramonte at this point. By the way what was the final score in the Campolindo vs Miramonte game last night? And how did it play out?
Last I heard miramonte was up 43 with 3 minutes left, didn't hear the final.

Reactions: UncleYacht
Last I heard miramonte was up 43 with 3 minutes left, didn't hear the final.

Thanks. Not a real surprise to me as one team is building confidence and momentum while the other is unfortunately tumbling in the opposite direction ( because of a number of things) in comparison to the middle and upper level teams. Campolindo will still do ok against the rest of their league teams.

Apparently saying someone doesnt have any help on a team is now a sexist comment just because it is in regards to a female team..

WOW
so goes the liberal world we live in.. can't have an opinion that ruffles someone's feathers or you're a sexist, racist, homophobic, etc.. I give paytc credit for engaging in the discussion, bringing about his own opinion backed with observations. mkbgdns just bashed you for how you stated your comment, and brought nothing to the table as far as the meat of your statement...

MM beat Campo by 40 last night. Imagine if the player in question had played without any help. no running clock (otherwise it would start at 40-0 in the first quarter), just 1-on-5, four quarters. what would the final score be? how would Campo get the ball in bounds?

so other than being a self-proclaimed guru (of what?) how do you explain your dismissal of the efforts of 7 players (girls)? I was there, the rest of the kids weren't bad, played hard, made some nice plays. and struggled to hang with a Open-bound opponent. you shoulda been there.

someone doesnt have any help on a team

apparently you being utterly unaware of your disparaging comments means that those you disparage aren't people. girls? kids? anyone who's not you? on a public forum your words mean something. something demeaning and ugly. dismissive of hard work and effort. if the shoe fits...

Wo
MM beat Campo by 40 last night. Imagine if the player in question had played without any help. no running clock (otherwise it would start at 40-0 in the first quarter), just 1-on-5, four quarters. what would the final score be? how would Campo get the ball in bounds?

so other than being a self-proclaimed guru (of what?) how do you explain your dismissal of the efforts of 7 players (girls)? I was there, the rest of the kids weren't bad, played hard, made some nice plays. and struggled to hang with a Open-bound opponent. you shoulda been there.

apparently you being utterly unaware of your disparaging comments means that those you disparage aren't people. girls? kids? anyone who's not you? on a public forum your words mean something. something demeaning and ugly. dismissive of hard work and effort. if the shoe fits...
Wow!

Reactions: UncleYacht
Apparently saying someone doesnt have any help on a team is now a sexist comment just because it is in regards to a female team..

WOW

northbaybbguru,

Just for the record, I didn't agree with your view on Campo's supporting cast. But I don't see your view as a sexist comment. Not sure that was even the point. If so, it's not the way I took it. I took it as being a bit insensitive to a few hard working high school players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT