ADVERTISEMENT

Gibbons deals a gem for Franklin

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Evan Gibbons tossed a 2 hitter with 10 strikeouts in an 8-0 win over Turlock.

Franklin scored five of its runs in the fourth inning.

Franklin is the best team I've seen all season in the SJS. I said it early on. The new kid in town.

Jesuit beat Franklin 1-0. Freshman pitcher Anthony Susac gave up only 3 hits in 6.2 innings...

wow... impressive. In a one game elimination a great performance on the mound can cure a lot. Is he a "true" fresh or driving to the game? I didn't think any fresh were playing varsity on jesuit this year.

I talked with one of the Franklin coaches after the game. He said the kid who started for Jesuit played on the freshman team the whole season and they brought him up as an extra arm for the playoffs. PA announcer said he had 10 strikeouts today.

How in the world does a kid like that play fresh and then beat a top 10 ranked team in Norcal. I mean something is off if he wasn't playing varsity in the first place. Doesn't that seem odd.

Could be that Jesuit had a number of arms this year so no need to rush a young pitcher. De La Salle has had a similar practice with some of their arms

Ok I knew there was more to it. This kid is a Susac. Brother is catcher for Orioles and former Jesuit/OSU star. No way in hell he should have been playing fresh baseball. He was mowing down 15-17 kids a game. You don't just show up on varsity and beat Franklin. Reliable source says kid throwing in low 90's already. 6"3 215. Looks like Jesuit has another gem.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article211448749.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT