ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from Loomis!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
That’s the home of Del Oro HS, where they’ll be facing the Folsom Bulldogs…

Nice nearly-new gym, unfortunately with quite a few of the 1900 seats bashed up by overzealous fans, I suppose…. Those plastic seast must have seemed like a good idea at the time…

Anyway, the boys JV game is ongoing, 7-6 Del Oro early.. a Golden Eagles win would be quite an upset…

Next game will be the girls varsity, then the boys varsity follows that.

13-11 Folsom after one quarter of JV ball.

Much tougher battle than the game at Folsom, where the Bulldogs had their way, running off to a 61-36 win…

Of course, I say that, and while I’m typing Folsom runs off eight straight to be up 21-13.

Back over to this side…. Folsom is 20-2, Del Oro 16-7.

When these two met on Jan. 6 at Folsom, the Bulldogs won 72-49.

I haven’t seen Del Oro this season, but I have peeped Folsom…. They are capable of some real magic…

Caden Pinnick of Del Oro will have to have a monster game, topping his 18 ppg, and will still need help after that.

Should Folsom take this one tonight, they’d have a practically insurmountable 3-game stranglehold on the league title with 4 to play before playoff time.

After a scoreboard correction and a Del Oro 3, it’s 20-13…

Justin Ard to the line for Folsom after being fouled on the way up…. FT’s split. 21-13 Folsom.

Blocking foul on Folsom’s Johnson, shot good, #14 of Del Oro FT, missed…. 21-15.

Pinnick’s 2nd 3 at the buzzer makes it 21-18 Folsom after one quarter.

Pinnick fouled, 2 shots…. FT’s both go, 21-10 Folsom.

Drive by Folsom’s Ard, he’s fouled…. FT’s split. 22-20 Folsom.

Ard corner 3…. 25-20.

Pinnick hammered on a length-of-the floor drive…. FT’s both bounce out…

Great pass to #13 for a score by Folsom.. 27-20. 3:07 left in the half.

Del Oro’s Hill fouled, misses front end…. Offenses have been a bit ugly the last few minutes.

Ard gets to the rack for a score…. 29-20 Folsom.

Offensive foul on #14 of Del Oro.

2:20 left.

#0 of Del Oro gets to the rack for a bucket…. 29-22.

Last edited:
Del Oro D forces a 5-seconds call on Willenborg, and they capitalize…. 29-24. And another Folsom turnover…. 37 seconds.

Foul, 3rd foul on Willenborg. #0 at the line, 1 and 1. Front end good, bonus nope…. 29-25.

Del Oro draws another Folsom charge…. 6.2 seconds to try and get a shot up for Del Oro.

Del Oro unable to get said shot off, 29-25 Folsom at the half.

Del Oro D forces a 5-seconds call on Willenborg, and they capitalize…. 29-24. And another Folsom turnover…. 37 seconds.

Foul, 3rd foul on Willenborg. #0 at the line, 1 and 1. Front end good, bonus nope…. 29-25.

Del Oro draws another Folsom charge…. 6.2 seconds to try and get a shot up for Del Oro.

Del Oro unable to get said shot off, 29-25 Folsom at the half.
Much better game than first time around.

Folsom has possession to start the 3rd q.

Willenborg on the floor despite his 3 fouls…

And that’s why… he drains a long 3.

Folsom steal, #13 scores.. 34-25..

3 by Jake Williams for Del Oro…. 34-28.

Pinnick rebounds a miss, coast-to-coast for a score…. 34-30. Folsom in front with 6:21 left in the 3rd quarter.

#2 Neal gets a nice pass under the hoop and scores for Del Oro…. 34-32 Folsom.

Jake Williams of Del Oro gets his 3rd foul…. Been a lotta whistles, fouls will be a big factor here.

#13 of Folsom at the line, FT’s split. 35-32 Folsom.

Steal by Folsom, pass to Ard, who JAMS it home with both hands…. 37-32.

Pinnick goes the full floor again, fouled on the miss…. FT’s coming up…. Willenborg’s fourth foul.

FT’s both good…. 37-24 Folsom.

Pinnick scores again, nice pass to him cutting to the hole…. 37-36 Folsom, 1:47 left in the 3rd.

#4 of Folsom hits a FT after a foul…. and they steal a pass…. Micah Johnston fouled by Pinnick, FT’s good. 40-36, a minute left 3rd…

Travel on Del Oro, 42 seconds…. passs to Johnston, hits a short J. 42-36 Folsom.

Pinnick drives, he’s fouled…. Johnston’s 3rd.

Corner 3 try, no good for Del Oro, Folsom on the break, driving layup…. Buzzer. 44-36 after 3 quarters.

Folsom finished that quarter with a 7-0 burst.

Ard drives, he’s fouled by Hill (his 4th)…

Del Oro gets.a stop, Pinnick with a nice spin move for a score…. 44-38 Folsom.

They rebound a miss, easy fast break, score by Neal, 44-40.

6 minutes.. Folsom score by #13, 46-40.

Willenborg back in for the ‘dogs.

Oops, backcourt by Del Oro.

Folsom foul… Wileenborg, he’s gone…

but Del Oro truns it over, bad pass over the endline.

LOTS of offfensive mistakes, both sides….

Folsom gets free on a break and scores…. 48-40.

3:18 left in the ballgame…

Del Oro has it on their own end after a few minutes’ delay due to a spill of a LOT of gatorade or whatever on the other side from the benches…

#14 fouled after an offensive rebound.. 2 FT’s, both good. 48-42 Folsom.

#13 of Folsom SWATTED… but also fouled. FT’s split.. and Folsom rebounds.STEAL by Del Oro’s #14, Brandon Hill…. he’s fouled on the way up, FT’s split. 49-43 Folsom.

2 minutes…

Folsom shot missed, out of bounds to Del Oro.

Pinnick J…. nope.

Ard 3, nope…

Offensive board by Del Oro’s Jake Williams, puts it back in…. 49-45, 53 seconds left, Folosm with the ball and lead.

Folsom beats the pressure, Ard fouled…. 1 and 1. Front end MISS! Del Oro races down court, can’t get a shot, lose it back to Folsom…. Foul, another 1 and 1…. Looks like we had a T, also. Folsom’s coach also with a T…. I am totally lost. Pinnick nails 2 FT’s…. and it looks like Del Oro will get the ball…. 33.7 left, 50-47 Folsom. Just another Friday night…. I wouldn’t be surprised if this game gets a protest, no matter what happens here….

Del Oro ball, 33 seconds…. Corner 3, no go…. Folsom rebound, #5 fouled, double bonus. FT’s both good. 52-47, 19 seconds left.

Del Oro gets a frantic try, nope, ball out to…. Folsom. They get it downcourt, driblle it out. 52-47 Folsom, final score.

Reactions: mrbig864
If the season ended today, would Folsom be an Open team?

My eye test says no, but their record says yes.

I think so .Don’t be fooled by one league game. This is the first game somebody has played them within single digits in sfl and there best player (CJ) was in foul trouble and sat.
Folsom has quality wins over Inderkum, Jesuit, Lincoln (sf), capital Christian to name a few.

But I also think several teams in the EBAL would give them all they can handle and then some.

Last edited:
How would they possibly not be an Open team? You type some stupid shit that never changes
Not sure what his eye test shows but I’ve seen this team a number of times in person play and I know them well.

My eye test shows 4-5 kids 6”4-6”7 that create havoc for almost every team. Keep in mind folsom player Modesto Christian tough for 3 qtrs in last years SJS and they are way better this year.

Reactions: MC415
How would they possibly not be an Open team? You type some stupid shit that never changes

Good to know the Board is as rude as ever.

Look I saw them play Moreau Catholic and get beat pretty bad from start to finish. They crawled back into that game, but ended up losing.

But they have played an impressive schedule, including two wins against what I consider the two best teams in Sf right now in University and Lincoln. Yes Riordan and SI are right up there too.

Grant is also a different team now with Kiku Parker in the equation.

Folsom does seem inconsistent... Didn't look great last night, didn't look so good vs. Moreau, but looked like worldbeaters against Jesuit, especially the first 12 or so minutes.

They're high-school kids, these things happen.

Reactions: larry legend33
Good to know the Board is as rude as ever.

Look I saw them play Moreau Catholic and get beat pretty bad from start to finish. They crawled back into that game, but ended up losing.

But they have played an impressive schedule, including two wins against what I consider the two best teams in Sf right now in University and Lincoln. Yes Riordan and SI are right up there too.

Grant is also a different team now with Kiku Parker in the equation.
Wasn’t that Moreau loss on the road played at noon after they played a game the night before 2 hours away? I don’t think that’s the game you judge the “eye test” by

If they make SJS finals, they are going open. With wins over Jesuit, Inderkum and Capital, it is a safe bet today that they are a favorite along with MC to make the finals.

If they don't, then it gets interesting

Wasn’t that Moreau loss on the road played at noon after they played a game the night before 2 hours away? I don’t think that’s the game you judge the “eye test” by
Yes. They had a league game night before that ended at 1030pm. I wouldn’t put a ton of stock into that game either. In fact coach wall played 2 fresh in 1st half of that game and 1 of them gets limited time.

I think every time a team steps on the floor, they need to be judged on the result. However, it is smart to weigh results based on a circumstance even if it is just a small asterisk

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT