ADVERTISEMENT

Half Moon Bay

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
It's been 34 years since a Peninsula Athletic League boys' basketball team won a CIF championship. The last school to pull off that feat was Menlo-Atherton in 1989. Jefferson of Daly City won a crown in 1988 as well. Now, Half Moon Bay is heading to Sacramento to play for a Division IV title. And they've been doing all of their damage on the road. Very nice work. Kudos all around.

Last edited:
Reactions: M.C. fan
Coach Parsons does a great job of with those kids and I don’t know why he doesn’t get pursued more when more high profile jobs open up. In all reality though he really has a nice setup with that program and just the fact that he was able to keep the big kid from going to any WCAL school that was after him shows a lot about the relationship he has with the community and the players. Wishing him and the team best of luck this weekend.

Coach Parsons is really what HS basketball is all about. Coaching at his alma mater and where his dad coached. He is an integral part of the community and cares about the kids unlike any other coach I have been around. Was able to get his team 27 games in the COVID season which is unheard of. Flat out winner.

Reactions: M.C. fan
I play Buzztime Trivia with friends over at Cameron's in Half Moon Bay, every Tuesday (except during hoops season). Just texted one of those friends to pass on the news of the win. None of them watch basketball at all (they think soccer is a sport, go fig), but they are excited about this...

Reactions: lessgo
I play Buzztime Trivia with friends over at Cameron's in Half Moon Bay, every Tuesday (except during hoops season). Just texted one of those friends to pass on the news of the win. None of them watch basketball at all (they think soccer is a sport, go fig), but they are excited about this...
dawg.. the prius must have gang of miles on it. u be outside

and my Cruze gets almost 40mpg highway... and since I go almost nowhere other than Cameron's and high-school hoops (and the very occasional jazz festival), I do maybe 15-17k miles a year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT