ADVERTISEMENT

Huge games in North Bay

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
To no surprise this weekend will decide league champ in NBL and MCAL.

Windsor 7-1-1
At Newman 9-0

Will Newman avenge last years controversial loss at Windsor? Newman comes into this one much better than last year and has huge advantages on the front 7. Not sure newman will see anybody as good in d3 or d2 in terms of line play as what they have. However, newman will likely not see as athletic and talented players at the skill position as Windsor. Both receivers have offers to big time power 5 schools and will be matchup issues. Both teams come into this one with a lot of momentum.

I’m going with line play and physicality in this one. I think newman controls game and homann grinds out yards.
27-24 newman wins a thriller.

San Marin at
Marin Catholic

Good ole sat afternoon football. Gosh that has to be annoying @MC415 !

San Marin has the best non offered QB I can recall. No idea how this kid isn’t getting offers. He’s 6”4 and ticks all boxes. Anyway, I think Marin Catholic at home will get tested but I still think they win in a shootout. 42-28.

All 4 teams should make deep playoff runs and I wouldn’t be surprised a norcal game or 2.

To no surprise this weekend will decide league champ in NBL and MCAL.

Windsor 7-1-1
At Newman 9-0

Will Newman avenge last years controversial loss at Windsor? Newman comes into this one much better than last year and has huge advantages on the front 7. Not sure newman will see anybody as good in d3 or d2 in terms of line play as what they have. However, newman will likely not see as athletic and talented players at the skill position as Windsor. Both receivers have offers to big time power 5 schools and will be matchup issues. Both teams come into this one with a lot of momentum.

I’m going with line play and physicality in this one. I think newman controls game and homann grinds out yards.
27-24 newman wins a thriller.

San Marin at
Marin Catholic

Good ole sat afternoon football. Gosh that has to be annoying @MC415 !

San Marin has the best non offered QB I can recall. No idea how this kid isn’t getting offers. He’s 6”4 and ticks all boxes. Anyway, I think Marin Catholic at home will get tested but I still think they win in a shootout. 42-28.

All 4 teams should make deep playoff runs and I wouldn’t be surprised a norcal game or 2.
Always good to see a league championship being battled for in the last game of the season before playoffs. In The Northern section Orland plays Gridley for League Championship. Sac-Joaquin Section had those matchups on Friday. Helps the communities to rally around the School for the big week.

Always good to see a league championship being battled for in the last game of the season before playoffs. In The Northern section Orland plays Gridley for League Championship. Sac-Joaquin Section had those matchups on Friday. Helps the communities to rally around the School for the big week.
Agreed. We had these circled at beginning of year and it’s nice to see them line up. Go out and support your team. Best 20 bucks you will spend with food.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Windsor and their 3 stars were impressive and too much for newman to handle. Windsor got out 13-0 and always maintained the lead with score getting to 28-21 in 4th before Windsor put it away 35-21.
I keep forgetting Windsor was without Walker those first 5 games. I doubt Escalon beats them or they tie with Campo. He’s probably the top WR prospect in Norcal with elite size and speed. This team is a big problem for anybody in d2 especially because they are playing best football now.

Newman May have been in this game if Knechte started at QB. After he was in they basically played them even. (Came in down. 13-0 and score was 22-21 rest of way)
Also it appeared newman big RB homann went down with ankle injury and never really got going after trying to return.

If I’m Newman I stick with Knechte. He is small but seems to have better pocket presence and gives newman a better passing threat.

Hats off to Windsor. Big play makers made big plays.

LARRY....A great fo.llow up of thinge of the Cardinal Newman-Windsor game that told the whole story of a big battle of the North Bay teams.....

Reactions: observer22
LARRY....A great fo.llow up of thinge of the Cardinal Newman-Windsor game that told the whole story of a big battle of the North Bay teams.....
Good game but speed prevailed and Windsor did a good job to exploit it. Newman needed rain and tougher conditions to try and slow them down. Never happened. Both teams have a good chance to get to compete for the ncs champ game in d2 and d3. Lots of season left. I’m assuming both will be #2 seeds. I haven’t seen EC play but pretty rare to have the talent that Windsor has. I gotta think they are favorite to win d2. D3 still goes thru Marin Catholic.

THE ACALANES-CAMPOLIONDO GAME......Thanks to Kiddman32, we saw in words a story of a great victory by the Cougars over the Don,s, coming from behind at 24-10 to the 25.24 surprise and shocker win by Campolindo..And again just how important the PAT's are and pulling off a two point PAT...what a game...

ANOTHER SURPRISE VICTORY.....San Marin took a early lead against Marin Catholic and held on to win 10-6, the thinking was that MC would win big, but a stubborn defense and offense pulled the win for San Marin, my pick went to the dogs..We should have given SM better thinking after the close game they played against Acalanes.
This has to be one of the best of football we have seen with al the surprises that have been happened...

PITTSBURG. after two wake up games against Monterey Trail winning 10-7 and a shootout win over California 37-35..The Pirates O and the D came to live for the balance of the season with a 55-6 whipping of Antioch.. The team has been playing together as a team and Pittsburg finished the league season unfeated. at 10-0..Now comes the playff..who do they see next??

Reactions: concrete17
ANOTHER SURPRISE VICTORY.....San Marin took a early lead against Marin Catholic and held on to win 10-6, the thinking was that MC would win big, but a stubborn defense and offense pulled the win for San Marin, my pick went to the dogs..We should have given SM better thinking after the close game they played against Acalanes.
This has to be one of the best of football we have seen with al the surprises that have been happened...
MC hasn’t beaten SM big since pre COVID and this is SM best team ever so I don’t think people in the know thought it would be a blowout by anyone

MC hasn’t beaten SM big since pre COVID and this is SM best team ever so I don’t think people in the know thought it would be a blowout by anyone
The score is what surprised me. I really expected it more offensive. NCS D2 is going to be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT