ADVERTISEMENT

I’m at Miramonte, they face CVC.

I’m here mostly because I want to see what CVC’s varsity roster will consist of…

2 top players. mysteriously gone for the Sheldon Showcase game v. Crapital Christian…. Will they be back?

No, I’m not gonna pry and ask around to see what’s going on…. Just wanna see what the result is.

Even if by chance I find out the “why”, I won’t blab it here.

46-30 final, Uglies dominate.

Varsity game in a bit…. Hopefully, some folks will show up by the time of tipoff….

Right now, there are nine kids in the home student section.

Looking down on CVC warming up…. I see no sign of Perryman or Moore anywhere.

The UggEagles looked sorta bad without their two stars when they played (and lost to) Capital Christian…. But now they have a game (and a number of practices) without them. Let’s see if they’ve gotten organized….

Not gonna speculate on the how’s, how-long’s, why’s of the whole situation here. Right now, I’m watching the Eagles try to adjust in this game.

CVCs top two guards are MIA....tempted to ask for my $$$ back ;-) . It's a shame as those two can really bring it! First time checking out Miramonte gym - gotta believe it gets really cozy and crazy in here for the Campo rivalry games.

CVC is #13 in the North Coast Section, Miramonte #27… but considering the roster situation, this one could be a very tough ball game.

Update on the students throng…. Maybe 40, under 4 minutes before lineups.

They actually have… and USE…. a stats board here…. I’ll have to try and remember that and comment on leaders, etc.

I'm here in CVC Parent section. Assume that's you in Mats Parent section. Will stop by at halftime to say hello.

Reactions: kiddman32
13-10 CVC after 1 quarter….

Soph Chase Robertson leads CVC with 5…Junior Jack Quinneld has 5 for the Mats.

Robertson and Vince Ellis doing some damage now for the Uglies…. 28-14, Robertson with 11, Ellis 7…. and they’re sophomores, btw…

Wilsonburger SERVED by Chase Miller of the Matadors…. CVC one more chance, nope…. halftime score, 31-20 CVC.

Robertson leads the Uglies with 11, and Miller leads the Mats with 7.

40-29 Uglies, 1:45 left 3rd…

Marcus Robinson just dunked at the front end of a steal/fast break for Mira.

41-29 CVC after 3 quarters.

Chase Robertson leads the Eagles with 16 and Miller and Marcus Robinson have 7 each for the Mats.

44-32 now, 6:32 left in the game…. Mira has been just a little bit away from getting back in this one, but not quite.

Marcus Robinson gets the Mats back within 10…. and a CVC travel. But again, Mira can’t take advantage. 5:15 left.

Mira forces over and back…

Miller drives and scores! 44-36.

Foul, CVC makes 1…. 45-36.

Another Mira foul, CVC makes 1…. 46-37.

49-38 now, 3:27 left. Mira jusssstttt…. missing too many shots.

Chase Robertson fouled, at the stripe…. makes both. 51-38.

CVC another stop…. Mira STEAL, Miller drives to dunk…. receives a Wilsonburger instead, courtesy of Chase Robertson.

53-38, 2:03 left.

Mira finally making some shots, but wayyyyy too late. 56-44, 39 seconds left.

Both team scoring leaders are Robertsons…. Chase with 20 for CVC, Marcus for Mira with 14. Wait, Marcus of Mira is RobINson.

Sncerely, Adrian Mahoney. :). Final, 57-46.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT