ADVERTISEMENT

I Get To Put Gridley To Bed

Marcskit

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2002
A tournament Queen was Crowned. Her name is Giselle Fuentes. It’s a tradition dating back since the tournament started. Imagine 1950’s Indiana and you get the idea. Yes a Tournament Queen

The top Scorer was Conner Amundsen with 70 points.

Now I am going to tell a story, so your gonna want to pay attention.

Jay Olsen has the scoring record for Gridley. He scored 105 points in the 3 games. That’s 17 baskets a game folks. Done before the 3 point line was a established.

“ NOW HERE IS THE GOOD PART ”
Just for a lark, I reached out to Coach Lindsey, at Burbank High School. I asked him did he remember Stephon Harris. Harris Played for Burbank in 1999. Stephon’s Total ended up 104 points, when his shot rimed in and rimed out. The Gridley crowed went crazy.

Coach Lindsey connected him with me, and Stephon called me. I reminded him about his total. He thought that number would have been broken years ago. He said he lived in Tacoma Washington.

I said if you are ever in California, I will always put your name down on the guest list. WELL GUESS WHAT !!!
He came to the Tournament !!! And he brought his kids with him.

And Lo and behold, Jay Olson was there too. They had a great time. Jay had even been a teacher at Burbank, when Stephon was a student.
I have to tell you, that made my day. That was the Cherry on the top of the cake. “ Isn’t that why we love High School Hoops “

It is my honor to help make this tournament what it is. There is nothing quite like it. You just have to come and see for yourself.

Here’s wishing you great hoops!!

Last edited:
A tournament Queen was Crowned. Her name is Giselle Fuentes. It’s a tradition dating back since the tournament started. Imagine 1950’s Indiana and you get the idea. Yes a Tournament Queen

The top Scorer was Conner Amundsen with 70 points.

Now I am going to tell a story, so your gonna want to pay attention.

Jay Olsen has the scoring record for Gridley. He scored 105 points in the 3 games. That’s 17 baskets a game folks. Done before the 3 point line was a established.

“ NOW HERE IS THE GOOD PART ”
Just for a lark, I reached out to Coach Lindsey, at Burbank High School. I asked him did he remember Stephon Harris. Harris Played for Burbank in 1999. Stephon’s Total ended up 104 points, when his shot rimed in and rimed out. The Gridley crowed went crazy.

Coach Lindsey connected him with me, and Stephon called me. I reminded him about his total. He thought that number would have been broken years ago. He said he lived in Tacoma Washington.

I said if you are ever in California, I will always put your name down on the guest list. WELL GUESS WHAT !!!
He came to the Tournament !!! And he brought his kids with him.

And Lo and behold, Jay Olson was there too. They had a great time. Jay had even been a teacher at Burbank, when Stephon was a student.
I have to tell you, that made my day. That was the Cherry on the top of the cake. “ Isn’t that why we love High School Hoops “

It is my honor to help make this tournament what it is. There is nothing quite like it. You just have to come and see for yourself.

Here’s wishing you great hoops!!
Great story!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT