ADVERTISEMENT

Irish Beat SI by 20

It was nice to see Parsons distributing and scoring, the whole team played well. Carter got a dunk, and I think starting Lynch generally is a better move every game because Lynch seems to be in the right place most of the time.....Lots of threes by the Irish, they played SI's game. Why wasn't Dunbar suited up?

Don't know, if it wasn't an injury of some sort, it could be grades or disciplinary reasons, or family, matters etc. But seeing that this was SI, most SH kids would play without asking so most likely negative.

I went to see Mitty clobber SI by 40 on Saturday. SI really looked terrible. Poorsina probably makes a difference given he is their best player but I cannot remember an SI team THIS bad. Its too bad Marcaletti wont be around to improve on this team given his interim status.

Yes SH looked good against the worst teams in league. Of course they also look good when that 3 is falling. Which is really all SH runs on offense. I wouldnt shy away from the guess that 2/3 of their shots are 3s. Nice to see Parson pass to a cutting teammate for an easy layup instead of forcing a wild shot.

I focused on Carter last night. He had a game to be proud of. Very active which is what the team needs from him to compete against the top teams. Either hes not getting the coaching he needs or he just doesnt want to crash the boards but I saw many times during a defensive set where he was on the wing defending and when the shot when up, instead of crashing the boards, he went to go box out the guy ON THE WING!!! I have no words.

Good to see Carter have a positive game. He is 6'8'' but has a wing-span of a 5'7' guy. To date plays with alligator arms. Some kids mature differently and he is only a sophmore.

Poor Marchaletti. I would like to see him have an additional year, but there is little he can do with a group that looks (but doesnt play) like a 1950's University of Kentucky basketball team.&nbsp

It's nice to see that the boys from Cathedral, Town School and Stuart Hall have a place to play before heading to The Olympic Club.
This post was edited on 2/5 3:51 PM by CityVibesII

Originally posted by Scott2138:
Don't know, if it wasn't an injury of some sort, it could be grades or disciplinary reasons, or family, matters etc. But seeing that this was SI, most SH kids would play without asking so most likely negative.
Dunbar has a wrist injury. One of the players' parents in the stands said so.

Mansf was talking about jved. Yes Dunbar was injured. Everyone played yesterday so it would have been good for him too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT