ADVERTISEMENT

It doesn't stop

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
Social media has changed sports forever. We ain't never going back. This past week, a young man on the Peninsula announced, via his Twitter feed, his "commitment" to play football at San Diego State. One minor issue: The kid isn't even in high school yet. He's an eighth-grader. He's scheduled to be a freshman at Serra in August. He's a 280-point lineman. Sounds like potential varsity material right out of the chute. We'll see.

Reactions: ayalar09
Social media has changed sports forever. We ain't never going back. This past week, a young man on the Peninsula announced, via his Twitter feed, his "commitment" to play football at San Diego State. One minor issue: The kid isn't even in high school yet. He's an eighth-grader. He's scheduled to be a freshman at Serra in August. He's a 280-point lineman. Sounds like potential varsity material right out of the chute. We'll see.
There is a lot more of it now. Nonsense and PR at its finest. But remember for us Old school guys on here… Taylor King was a superstar in LA hoop seen in early 90’s out of MD and committed to UCLA in 8th grade. Just silly. He bounced around like a yo yo Duke, Nova, and I think eventually NAIA.

Times are different, but really it is about the kids' experience. I can make my claim whether it is good or not, but doesn't really matter.

And no matter what changes, one thing that is the same is you can't fake it in pads and what you put on film.

Times are different, but really it is about the kids' experience. I can make my claim whether it is good or not, but doesn't really matter.

And no matter what changes, one thing that is the same is you can't fake it in pads and what you put on film.
Yup. Ultimately it matters what you do on the field and in time it will all settle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT