ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Rashada on the move in the Portal

MC415

Hall of Famer
Nov 22, 2005
As predicted before he ever played a game in college, he is making his first of many transfers in college

Another guy who never materialized and was overblown Ari Patu from Folsom. Barely played at Folsom and Shaw gives him a ride to Stanford. If you even spent 30 minutes watching him play you would have known this was way out of his league.. So he hits the big lights of North Alabama!

Another guy who never materialized and was overblown Ari Patu from Folsom. Barely played at Folsom and Shaw gives him a ride to Stanford. If you even spent 30 minutes watching him play you would have known this was way out of his league.. So he hits the big lights of North Alabama!

I agree. He got a lot of hype because of his last name and his height. Was never all that impressed with him.

Reactions: THEOC89

Did he get his bachelors before leaving? Because that is a huge W for him if he did.

I agree. He got a lot of hype because of his last name and his height. Was never all that impressed with him.
I think the recruiting of Patu also showed how much Shaw was struggling in the end with recruiting at Stanford…. Patu was there as a Sophmore and when he was a Junior couldn’t even beat out the kid who was a senior who never started…..

That was a huge red flag to me for someone who is supposed to be a D1 recruit…..

I think the recruiting of Patu also showed how much Shaw was struggling in the end with recruiting at Stanford…. Patu was there as a Sophmore and when he was a Junior couldn’t even beat out the kid who was a senior who never started…..

That was a huge red flag to me for someone who is supposed to be a D1 recruit…..
The rosters have 85 scholarship players. There are a lot of players who never see the field

Great point

I meant that he Couldn’t beat out the kid at Folsom…. Not at Stanford, I never thought he would play at Stanford…. 🤣
Agreed. Fundamentally if you can't start in HS how the hell are you playing in college and you aren't playing at Mater Dei, SJB, or Bosco. We give way to much credit too coaches. Shaw was clueless but played the "part" well.

Agreed. Fundamentally if you can't start in HS how the hell are you playing in college and you aren't playing at Mater Dei, SJB, or Bosco. We give way to much credit too coaches. Shaw was clueless but played the "part" well.
the disrespect to the James Logan High School legend
NCAA: 96–54 (.640); Bowls: 5–3 (.625) that is clueless? at stanford? 3 losing seasons out of 11. 2-1 in the rose bowl. wow

Agree with ankle. Shaw was national coach of the year in 2017. Far from clueless. It’s just a different world than it was in the 2010s.
He actually got super complacent, quit the power running game and started throwing the ball 40-50 times a game, his offensive line became soft, the defensive front 7 became soft his end of the regime defensive units were terrifying soft….recruiting sucks and is a grind and he just didn’t want to deal with it anymore and his results at the end showed …….he was 14-28 his last 4 years they weren’t even competitive really

He actually got super complacent, quit the power running game and started throwing the ball 40-50 times a game, his offensive line became soft, the defensive front 7 became soft his end of the regime defensive units were terrifying soft….recruiting sucks and is a grind and he just didn’t want to deal with it anymore and his results at the end showed …….he was 14-28 his last 4 years they weren’t even competitive really
that all may be true, but to say clueless is just clueless. you dont lose that much knowledge. he just didnt have the horses and that is true about many coaches. there are only so many georgias, bamas, lsus to go around.

that all may be true, but to say clueless is just clueless. you dont lose that much knowledge. he just didnt have the horses and that is true about many coaches. there are only so many georgias, bamas, lsus to go around.
Agreed not clueless, I think he just got tired of the recruiting game and couldn’t get the horses anymore that he used when he was at his peak

I think MC415 used the right word. Complacent. College football moves fast now so when you get complacent, it doens't take long for it to get ugly.

99.9% of college coaches certainly know what they are doing

Reactions: MC415 and THEOC89
I think MC415 used the right word. Complacent. College football moves fast now so when you get complacent, it doens't take long for it to get ugly.

99.9% of college coaches certainly know what they are doing
Complacent, Lazy, Clueless. We are just mincing words. It's not like Shaw is some hot coaching commodity. He had huge benefit from Jim Harbaugh which is easily seen in his best years which were his first 3. Sorry you recruit Patu at QB and you don't know what you are doing.

dabo sweeney doesnt like to take transfers and is the only team this year who didnt take one... we will see how long that works
The new rebellion of player movement isnt going be smooth sailing as one John Calipari is going to start new trend. You are going to see colleges/coaches start to recruit/offer/assemble waaaaaaay smaller rosters because as Calipari explains why bother developing kids in your program if they are just going to leave to another school? You spend all that time/effort/resources and you wont get to see the fruits of your labor on your squad, but instead on another squad?

I think 2015, his fifth year, was his best year. Ended with a blowout victory in the Rose Bowl. Finished 12-2 and No. 3 in the nation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT