ADVERTISEMENT

Jaeden Hutchins leaves Half Moon Bay

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
According to a tweet from Ethan Kassel, he is moving on to Prolific Prep.

This seems like a curious move to me. Like his game, but don't see the upside of going to Prolific with the roster they are bringing in.

Yes I understand that. I guess I don't see how that clearly helps him as a recruit a year from now.
Playing versus 6'3 post players with no athletic ability is fools gold.
What he does versus them will not work in D1 college basketball.
They want to see him versus more of the players he will see on the court at Fresno st and not the kids he is in history class.

Playing versus 6'3 post players with no athletic ability is fools gold.
What he does versus them will not work in D1 college basketball.
They want to see him versus more of the players he will see on the court at Fresno st and not the kids he is in history class.
I think he saw a few players last year who weren't 6-foot-3 post players with no athletic ability, but I agree the competition in practice will be better.

What I'm saying is will his college options be much different a year from now than they would have been had he stayed at HMB?

If a kid wants to make a move this like, I sincerly hope it works out great for them. My comment is more will this change his recruiting outlook much.

What offers would be better is something we will never know because you only get one shot. He's proven what he can do versus like comp so now go test yourself against the best. What offers does he have now? D2 offers won't pull theirs because he went out sought better competition. But the D1 offers might come bigger.

here's a different angle as far as the upside: a unique hs experience with the opportunity to travel the country and build relationships with a different group of people. Some people call it dogshit, some people find value in it.

here's a different angle as far as the upside: a unique hs experience with the opportunity to travel the country and build relationships with a different group of people. Some people call it dogshit, some people find value in it.
Nobody said the experience is or will be dogshit. I said his minutes will be dogshit. He might have a great experience.

Reactions: bella123
Agreed. The objective for a move like this could be different than any of us think. That's why I said it was curious becuase I look at it from a basketball only persepctive. But the above could make sense too

And lets not forget he’s a student athlete first and foremost.

The academics I’m sure are super heavily factored into the decision.😂

• Haha
Reactions: larry legend33
This seems like a curious move to me. Like his game, but don't see the upside of going to Prolific with the roster they are bringing in.
Agree. Tough blow to HMB. That teams returns a lot of kids. I want to say they won Norcal last year or were close in d4. Gotta follow your dreams I get it , but I look at PP as more of those 1% kids and this kid is a high d2 low d1 prospect. Stranger things have happened and it’s really the sign of times.

One thing to be considered is "what position at the next level?"

Hutchins is 6'8" At HMB, he had to play center because he was really the only big they had. I know MaxPreps lists him as a forward, but he was five inches taller than the guy they had listed as a center, so I am pretty confident that he played much more center than forward.

At Prolific, he'd be playing and/or practicing one of the forward spots, which is much more likely where he'd play in college. I think this would probably prepare him for the next level more than playing center at HMB. Maybe. It's always maybe, but at least it's more likely.

and that was what i was saying... playing and practicing versus 6'3 guys for 3 years has stunted his development. he has had to play out of position to where he projects. however he sure had plenty of other privates to pick before heading to prolif.. wonder why wcal or east bay schools werent interested

I just looked at Prolific's rosters, the main team and Prolific Green... Hutchins is not there.

Went to MaxPreps, and he shows as a senior on Half Moon Bay's roster.

Checked again for Hutchins at Prolific Prep, and he IS there. My bad...

What do Riordan's dorms have to do with Prolific or Half Moon Bay?

I’m up there now…. wanted to see the 10am game at Harvest Middle School, and the gym is padlocked. I am NOT happy about it.

I’m up there now…. wanted to see the 10am game at Harvest Middle School, and the gym is padlocked. I am NOT happy about it.
Wait you got an elite prep school playing at middle school? Pretty sure the over 50 league was ballin in there last night with pat (class of 1986) going for 40.
Sorry kiddman. That sucks. Maybe they are out on the blacktop.

Apparently, they couldn’t get the college’s gym for the other games…

And I’m doubtful there were any games at all in that gym recently. Only place in that campus that was open was the soccer field, and I couldn’t get them to pay me enough so that I’d watch.

Maybe they got some other place…. Would have been nice to let the hoop junkies kniw…

Hoop Die hards. To keep everyone at status quo, I thought I would provide some info as its important to always get the proper information. .
Prolific Prep has 1 Varsity team (everyday at practice) but has a second "squad within a squad" that also plays on the Grind Session separately.

Therefore, Prolific Prep GREEN is a team within a team that plays at Grind Session events in Orlando, Canada, NY, etc and plays high level competition (25 games +), while getting more game minutes for their development. Furthermore, they are able to compete in the weight room and on the court everyday with 5-Star Athletes such as AJ Dybantsa, Tyran Stokes, Derrion Reid, Aiden Sherrell, Winters Grady, Mikey Lewis, etc. This program will keep expanding next year.

Prolific Prep has a few very talented future Low to High Major players (various grade levels) that are figuring out their games, working on their game reps, and developing at their own time frames.

Very similar to the Golden State Prep program (Post grad) that in 5 years has solidified itself as one of the premier post grad gap year programs in the Country (Last year had 6 D1 commits).

Everyone has their own path. The level of national Prep will CREATE YOUR PATH, or will EXPOSE YOUR WEAKNESSES. You can test and challenge yourself, or you can stay at your local high school route as well. The great thing is the parents and kids have the power of choice. The days that athletics and school are mutually exclusive are far gone. Now with NIL, the time clock for this change will further speed up. If you like it or not, It's here to stay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT