ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Mixon Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivalley

Sports Fanatic
Aug 13, 2013
Just saw the video of joe mixon and was appalled he is still playing at the university of oklahoma. Brings back memories of ray rice. Where is ray rice? Not playing anymore. Mixon should be permanently banned from football. He's lucky he didn't kill the poor girl. That was a violent act that will certainly be repeated.

Should be interesting to hear what the public has to say about this.......,

Bob Stoops HAD to see this video as well and he still has kept him on the team. He should be the first on the chopping block, but Im sure his supporters ($ donors) will have something to say about that.

Reactions: Bubba3000
In my opinion Mixon's situation is why kids from inner city California shouldn't go to schools in the south to play sports. They should stay in Cali because these people out here live by a different code and have different culture values when it comes to race relations. And I'm saying this from experiences. Texass and California ain't the same.

CT4L

Reactions: remc
In my opinion Mixon's situation is why kids from inner city California shouldn't go to schools in the south to play sports. They should stay in Cali because these people out here live by a different code and have different culture values when it comes to race relations. And I'm saying this from experiences. Texass and California ain't the same.

CT4L

I don't consider Oakley "inner city"

CT4L

This is pretty cut and dry case. Its about a man hitting a woman.

I don't consider Oakley "inner city"
Agree but when it comes to Texas's country ways and certain beliefs by some of the folks there even lil ole Oakley can be considered an inner city compared to Texas. I'm going by my experiences only. Not yours or anyone else's. Was Joe right? No. Was the girl right for starting the physical atlercation and possibly verbal confrontation? No. I'll sit that right there.

CT4L

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ma-rb-mixon-punching-woman-released/95538770/

Oakley bahahahahahah........ Inner City on the Delta. Brothers be driving boats trying there best at wake boarding. Give me a break.... I'm actually surprised he survived this case. Top it off a blond female. Go figure.
After further review, Joe fukc'd up! I can't defend what he did in this video. Had he gave her an open handed slap maybe I would see things a little different. The closed fist Larry Holmes right hook to the face was too much for me. Not knowing what the girl said to him after she pushed him would be very helpful as well. If she didn't drop the "N" bomb Stoops should have cut him on spot in my opinion. Words matter and have consequences which can provoke someone. Also, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me except for the "N" bomb in a heated situation. Just being honest. Don't call me the "N" word and we cool. Call me the "N" word and we fighting. Period. There's no place for anyone calling a black person the "N" word. Hopefully Mixon makes it to the league and she gets a fat check for his immaturity.

CT4L

Stop making the a race issue for Christ sake. Mixon isn't from the inner city is from Oakley. His problem is he has never been held accountable, and frankly still isn't. I know how this story ends and it ain't going to be pretty. Of course his skin tone will be used as a excuse for his lack of character. I mean the collective victimhood chip the black community plays is a excuse for everything. (Rolls eyes)

After further review, Joe fukc'd up! I can't defend what he did in this video. Had he gave her an open handed slap maybe I would see things a little different. The closed fist Larry Holmes right hook to the face was too much for me. Not knowing what the girl said to him after she pushed him would be very helpful as well. If she didn't drop the "N" bomb Stoops should have cut him on spot in my opinion. Words matter and have consequences which can provoke someone. Also, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me except for the "N" bomb in a heated situation. Just being honest. Don't call me the "N" word and we cool. Call me the "N" word and we fighting. Period. There's no place for anyone calling a black person the "N" word. Hopefully Mixon makes it to the league and she gets a fat check for his immaturity.

You have been defending Mixon from day 1. You have tried in vain to make this about race when it was clear it was about character. Even if she dropped a "N" bomb it wouldn't justify the action. Heck that word is dropped so often in today's world it's stupid, folks think dropping the "er" and adding "a" changes something. Stupid!

Reactions: aztecpadre
Hmmm I guess everyone has a different take. Under the law words, any words no matter what they are do not allow a person to physically attack another. Mixon 6'2-228 lbs and possibly drunk gal 5'2-120 lbs hard to justify under any circumstances. Knocked her cold and shattered part of her face. The lawsuit unless changed was for $70,000 to reimburse her for several surgeries on her face including having her broken jaw wired shut. Words don't inflict physical harm & the small woman had no chance of hurting Joe - should have walked away as most guys would have done IMO [the same has happened to me a few times when younger and that's what I did] just comes down to morals and maturity again IMO as that is how I was raised - never hit a girl for any reason.

You have been defending Mixon from day 1. You have tried in vain to make this about race when it was clear it was about character. Even if she dropped a "N" bomb it wouldn't justify the action. Heck that word is dropped so often in today's world it's stupid, folks think dropping the "er" and adding "a" changes something. Stupid!
First of all, I stand by what I said earlier and you don't know if it was racial or not so stop trying to act like you do. Secondly, "er and "a" makes a huge different in regards to the word in question. I don't know what planet you live on but I'll advise you to take my advice on this because it might save you from a headache if you say it to the wrong person. That being said, I said I cannot defend Joe's action after watching the video so don't come on here trying to push your weight around because I'm not kissing your @ss.

CT4L

who cares what she said. The kid is bad news and needs to be dismissed for the program. Whoever defends him should also be dismissed as they are also a part of the dark sports culture.

First of all, I stand by what I said earlier and you don't know if it was racial or not so stop trying to act like you do. Secondly, "er and "a" makes a huge different in regards to the word in question. I don't know what planet you live on but I'll advise you to take my advice on this because it might save you from a headache if you say it to the wrong person. That being said, I said I cannot defend Joe's action after watching the video so don't come on here trying to push your weight around because I'm not kissing your @ss.

I don't use either word because I'm bright enough to realize there is no difference. It doesn't become a term of endearment by adding the "A" you fool. When you hear it rapped in songs talking about whacking that n!$$a it's certainly not a term of endearment now is it? No. Stop fooling yourself Brother and Brotha mean the same thing right? Same with sister and sista right? So what makes you think the "N" word magically changes? It doesn't.

I don't use either word because I'm bright enough to realize there is no difference. It doesn't become a term of endearment by adding the "A" you fool. When you hear it rapped in songs talking about whacking that n!$$a it's certainly not a term of endearment now is it? No. Stop fooling yourself Brother and Brotha mean the same thing right? Same with sister and sista right? So what makes you think the "N" word magically changes? It doesn't.
Like I said, using that word the wrong way can get you hurt real quick or killed. Now if you think it won't go test it out, fool.

CT4L

Last edited:
Umm. Use the word in "stand your ground state" and the attacker will find themselves dead real fast.

I don't care if mixion was a green alien. There's absolutely no justification for a strong man the hit a person with that might. To me that was intent to do harm. It's clear the attacks by the female were going to do no harm.

Excessive force used for sure on Mixion part. Should have spent 4 month I jail. It's very clear to me the girl and her lawyers want Mixon to go pro so she can sue for millions.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Joe made a very bad decision and he will have to live with that the rest of his life. The funny part is reading you guys debate the n word like you know what it feels like to be called that word LOL..Also when we watch the videos of people getting shot in the back by police we make up every excuse to say it was right or the person must have done something wrong.

Shit happens to all races bud. Only one gets hyper coverage because it plays to the narrative.......

That's apples and oranges compared to the black man running away from his killer. The guy from Fresno/Clovis was acting as if he had a weapon behind his back. And to be honest, I was talking about the mistrial that the killer got in the Walter Scott shooting. That was cold blooded murder at the highest level of execution by a fire arm. The guy in the truck had over 30 times to get on the ground and he didn't. Instead he came toward the cops with his hand behind his back.

CT4L

Joe made a very bad decision and he will have to live with that the rest of his life. The funny part is reading you guys debate the n word like you know what it feels like to be called that word LOL..Also when we watch the videos of people getting shot in the back by police we make up every excuse to say it was right or the person must have done something wrong.

No clue what it's like to be called the N word. And to be honest I doubt it would have much impact if I was, name calling has never had much impact on me. That said I understand the history and the meaning of the word. I also understand its derogatory period with the "A" or "ER". As for cops shooting folks in the back as noted it happens to all races. The have a difficult job and for the most part are good people who just want to go home at end of shift. Interesting thing in most all cases of police involved shootings person being shot isn't complying with orders, seems like a pretty simple fix if you ask me.

No clue what it's like to be called the N word. And to be honest I doubt it would have much impact if I was, name calling has never had much impact on me. That said I understand the history and the meaning of the word. I also understand its derogatory period with the "A" or "ER". As for cops shooting folks in the back as noted it happens to all races. The have a difficult job and for the most part are good people who just want to go home at end of shift. Interesting thing in most all cases of police involved shootings person being shot isn't complying with orders, seems like a pretty simple fix if you ask me.
As the old saying goes, don't judge another man until you walk in his shoes. This is as true as the sky is blue.

CT4L

This looks like you're being judgmental to me. But I'm sure you're not smart enough to know this.

Not a judgment it's a fact. I mean look at you in this Mixon case. You have blamed race, the girl, a word, everybody and everything except for Mixon. All the reports pointed to him and him alone. Yet you blame race and the girl. Pathetic. You even prattle on about how west coast black kids shouldn't go to college in the south or south west..........Not everything is racially charged in life. Mixon is being judged based on his actions not his race.

You know neither one of you are trained as experts in this field. And to take your experience of events and turn it into absolute truth is always dangerous. There are these people called sociologists and a branch of people in that field study these issues. When it comes to issues like this I read guys like Harry Edwards who truly know what they're talking about

Not a judgment it's a fact. I mean look at you in this Mixon case. You have blamed race, the girl, a word, everybody and everything except for Mixon. All the reports pointed to him and him alone. Yet you blame race and the girl. Pathetic. You even prattle on about how west coast black kids shouldn't go to college in the south or south west..........Not everything is racially charged in life. Mixon is being judged based on his actions not his race.
And you still remain a bald faced liar. I said many of times that Joe was wrong to hit her with a closed fist. Once again, you don't no if the girl said something racial to Joe or not. You are assuming that the girl is some nice blonde that Joe just felt like hitting for no reason. That didn't seemed to be the case in the video. Look I know you don't care about facts just as you don't care about being truthful. But the real fact of the story is the girl pushed Joe after words exchanged and than she slapped him and he hit her. Now, for the umpteen time Joe was wrong for hitting the girl with an open fist. He has paid his dues by sitting out a season. It was his first time being involved with a criminal offense. The girl will get paid a lot of money if he makes it to the league from her civil case. Now it's time for you to put this to rest before you have an aneurysm.

CT4L

You know neither one of you are trained as experts in this field. And to take your experience of events and turn it into absolute truth is always dangerous. There are these people called sociologists and a branch of people in that field study these issues. When it comes to issues like this I read guys like Harry Edwards who truly know what they're talking about
I don't need Harry Edwards to tell me what to do if someone calls me a certain word. I can handle that myself. Done it for over 50 years now. But if Harry works for you I'm happy for you.

CT4L

Last edited:
The girl could have died from the blunt force trauma. Mixion was in no danger from a girl in a party dress. I hope she hired a good lawyer. He's gone be paying millions for the humiliation she will claim she is suffering from.

NO doubt this girl wants him to make the pros. Pros = more money for her.

I don't need Harry Edwards to tell me what to do if someone calls me a certain word. I can handle that myself. Done it for over 50 years now. But if he Harry works for you I'm happy for you.

CT4L

AA's call each other the N word all the time. This seems to be ok. If a white person uses the word it's fighting time.

Lol. You have zero clue what either of us are trained in. And getting advise based on Edwards is like getting relationship advise from Mixon.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
AA's call each other the N word all the time. This seems to be ok. If a white person uses the word it's fighting time.
Look my friend, I'm an old school guy. I'm not some modern day youngster that's okay with being called the "N" word by anyone and everyone. And I'll leave it at that. I don't call white people derogatory racial words when they piss me off. I might say you a-hole but in this day and age I just wave and keep it moving because I rather not go to jail if you know what I mean.

CT4L

And you still remain a bald faced liar. I said many of times that Joe was wrong to hit her with a closed fist. Once again, you don't no if the girl said something racial to Joe or not. You are assuming that the girl is some nice blonde that Joe just felt like hitting for no reason. That didn't seemed to be the case in the video. Look I know you don't care about facts just as you don't care about being truthful. But the real fact of the story is the girl pushed Joe after words exchanged and than she slapped him and he hit her. Now, for the umpteen time Joe was wrong for hitting the girl with an open fist. He has paid his dues by sitting out a season. It was his first time being involved with a criminal offense. The girl will get paid a lot of money if he makes it to the league from her civil case. Now it's time for you to put this to rest before you have an aneurysm.

Wrong. You put full blame on girl from day 1. Called her a "crack head" etc. reports are Mixon called her friend a Fag which made her react. Video shows Mixon approached girls table not other way around, hence Mixon started the encounter as reported and backed by video. Also there are no reports of the girl dropping the N word that's something out of thin air by you. As for him making the show? It's looking more unlikely by the day. And a aneurysm? Unlikely as well I haven't been living in denial on this issue like somebody else here.

Look my friend, I'm an old school guy. I'm not some modern day youngster that's okay with being called the "N" word by anyone and everyone. And I'll leave it at that. I don't call white people derogatory racial words when they piss me off. I might say you a-hole but in this day and age I just wave and keep it moving because I rather not go to jail if you know what I mean.

I don't think there is a derogatory racial term anybody could call me that would piss me off. Again that's just me and I get that, everybody is different. But I think the "N" word with it history in my opinion has no place being used by anybody.

Wrong. You put full blame on girl from day 1. Called her a "crack head" etc. reports are Mixon called her friend a Fag which made her react. Video shows Mixon approached girls table not other way around, hence Mixon started the encounter as reported and backed by video. Also there are no reports of the girl dropping the N word that's something out of thin air by you. As for him making the show? It's looking more unlikely by the day. And a aneurysm? Unlikely as well I haven't been living in denial on this issue like somebody else here.
If I remember clearly, all reports said she was drunk that night and I said she's probably a crack head. Fyi, I put blame on both from day one. I've always said if the girl assaulted Mixon twice before he reacted she shares the blame as well. Once I started getting more detail on the story, I begin saying Mixon was wrong for hitting her with an open fist. You on the other hand want to put all the blame on Mixon but what you don't seem to realize is that it takes two to tangle. Yes, Mixon approached the girls table, hence but she waved him to come to her table in the video. Why did she do that? This is one of many question I would like to know. Furthermore, just because there are no reports of her dropping the "N" bomb doesn't mean it didn't happen prior to the video altercation. Word of advice. Drunks say a lot of things that they wouldn't say if they weren't drunk. Drinking has been known to turn cowards into brave souls.

CT4L

If I remember clearly, all reports said she was drunk that night and I said she's probably a crack head. Fyi, I put blame on both from day one. I've always said if the girl assaulted Mixon twice before he reacted she shares the blame as well. Once I started getting more detail on the story, I begin saying Mixon was wrong for hitting her with an open fist. You on the other hand want to put all the blame on Mixon but what you don't seem to realize is that it takes two to tangle. Yes, Mixon approached the girls table, hence but she waved him to come to her table in the video. Why did she do that? This is one of many question I would like to know. Furthermore, just because there are no reports of her dropping the "N" bomb doesn't mean it didn't happen prior to the video altercation. Word of advice. Drunks say a lot of things that they wouldn't say if they weren't drunk. Drinking has been known to turn cowards into brave souls

Your funny. Again no proof she said it but she could have said it......got it. Closed Fist or Stockton slap it doesn't really matter. You don't hit women. And there you go at the end of your rant blaming the girl and insinuating she was a drunk. You just don't get it.

Your funny. Again no proof she said it but she could have said it......got it. Closed Fist or Stockton slap it doesn't really matter. You don't hit women. And there you go at the end of your rant blaming the girl and insinuating she was a drunk. You just don't get it.
Never said it was okay to hit a girl. I said they both share blame and I hold true to that. Do you think Joe socks the girl if she didn't aggressively attack him? I'm not saying what Joe did was right but she played a very instrumental part in the altercation. Had she not attacked Joe I don't think he would have hit her. You probably think he would have and that's okay. That being said, I'm not going to continue to repeat myself on this like a broken record.

CT4L

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT