ADVERTISEMENT

Just play!! Call it the Nor Cal Challenge

Coach102532

Rookie
Jan 3, 2015
So with all the insults and innuendos going around how about everyone just play. This club says another is afraid, this club says another is running, this club says to players "oh don't play for them they can't do anything for you".
How about just play. The minions that are on her posturing for those clubs, make sure they know about this. Get all the clubs in Nor Cal and settle it once and for all on the floor. You can bring Clay, Chris Hansen and whoever else to cover it. Sell tickets and donate the money to charity because like you all say it's about the kids and not your wallets.
Ballaz
Team Superstar
Cal Stars
Oakland Soldiers
EBX
Golden City
Cal Sparks
JBS
Lafayette Lightning
Orinda Magic
Cal Storm Bay Area
If I'm forgetting someone throw them in also. Get the hype train going. Bring your top 3 teams. Once and for all we will see you is running scared. We will see who runs a great club. Settle it on the floor! Stop coming on message boards to bad mouth clubs, coaches, and kids. Stop calling kids to bad mouth the club that they are on trying to get them to play for you. I'll bet anyone dollars to donuts that all but 2 clubs on this list will have some sort of excuse as to why they won't do it. Now it's at the point where it's put up or shut up.

I think the minions on here have been saying the kids should just play less. Practice more, train more, play other sports, and just be kids.

JBS is all in,

JBS had an event last weekend, teams played for free and JBS covered the cost of the ref's and the facility so it's not about money in JBS pockets. JBS sent six teams to the Ballaz event last year but they always come up with a great reason why they can't come to Sacramento. JBS sent eight teams to the Cal Stars event and although they have an outstanding program also always finds a reason NOT to come to Sacramento. Orinda Magic, Cal Storm, Cal Sparks and EBX are the only programs that have been willing to play JBS. The Soldiers are a new program so perhaps in the future we can meet. If an event like that could get off the ground it would be a great local event. Every program bring their top three teams, JBS is ALL IN.

I know what the definition of MINION is but I sure don’t appreciate you calling me one. (LOL)

I second that...JBS is in...Lets make it happen.

Programs/teams should reciprocate...

Chambers

not sure that belongs with "just be kids"
April, May, June, July = "AAU season". A lot of teams, even teams that don't have any players who will play in college, will participate in 10 or more tournaments during the spring and summer. Cut that number down to 5 or 6, and there's a lot of extra time for practicing, training, and yes, just being a kid (away from your AAU team, doing whatever you care to).

This is a good idea and should be done on June 18 and 19. This needs to be only the top 16 teams because everyone's knows the teams below are water down. Should be the best of the best. This is are the free days on all the top teams schedule. I know some teams won't show because scared to lose kids to other teams but that's the nature of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT