ADVERTISEMENT

Las Lomas vs Campo!

PatCarrillo

Board Regular
Dec 30, 2017
I’ve heard the game is sold out, should be an outstanding one! It will be on YouTube, under Acalanes Big Gym, it might say Acalanes vs Las Lomas, but it’s LL vs Campo. What does that guy say, “Here’s wishing you great hoops.”

Reactions: SF_Mikey
Yup, sold out according to the link from Campo’s website…

Good thing I have a ticket already 🙂🙂

Why can't the NCS get their stuff together for a game like this which they know will sell lots of tickets and move to a bigger venue like St Mary's. Never been to the Acalanes gym but is it any bigger than either Las Lomas or Camplindo which both have decent size gyms.

I’ve heard the game is sold out, should be an outstanding one! It will be on YouTube, under Acalanes Big Gym, it might say Acalanes vs Las Lomas, but it’s LL vs Campo. What does that guy say, “Here’s wishing you great hoops.”
Unfortunately against the rules, never mind!

Yeah, Aca is a little bit bigger than either LL or Campo’s gym…

I agee about St. Mary’s, but my guess is that even if they tried, SMC probably has other things going on…. They could have tried for Friday at 4 before the girls’ open game, but I’m thinking that having the gym going (and all the parking) before 4pm on a day students are in class probably wasn’t workable.

and I bet getting the gym opened up (and all its union employees, etc.) for just one HS game isn’t too workable either.

I guess that since this thread is already open, I’ll just use this spot for my usual semi-play-by-play deal…

Campo comes in at 22-7, Las Lomas at 21-9.

These two played each other twice in league, splitting the two games…. When Campo won at Las Lomas, two of the Knights’ top players were injured and Campo won 85-64.

When LL came to Campo, the Knights won 59-39 as the Cougs suffered almost certainly their worst shooting night in many a year…. 3 for 20 from the arc for 15% and 25% overall.

So, this is the rubber match, let’s see what happens…

Just for the heck of it, I looked up the origin of the term “runner match”…. In England, they call a pencil eraser a rubber…. as in rub out your mistake…. and in lawn bowling, they played 2 out of 3 matches…. Whomever won the 3rd game in one of those rubbed the opponent off the scoresheet.

Okay, enough geekiness…

And, based on what the cameras around here look like, it should be a better feed than what NFHS typically shows.

Sorry for posting that link earlier - do NOT trust as it redirects to lord knows where... my bad!

Despite that, not many whistles. I think Dylan Breznikar of Campo is the only one on either team with more than 2 fouls.

The Campo lead was static that whole quarter…. I don’t think more than 5 or less than 3…. 41-36 Cougs after3,

1:33 left…. LL takes the lead…. Cougs take it right back!!! Time out, LL ball…. 48-47 Cougs…

1:07 left.

Robeson rebounds a missed try…. Time Out COUGARS! 1-point lead and the ball at their own end. 10 seconds left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT