ADVERTISEMENT

LJCD Sweet 16

BBallEvents

Superstar
Apr 17, 2012
La Jolla Country Day will be having its annual Sweet 16 event from Nov 28-Dec 1. It will feature a nice line up of teams. Games kick off (tomorrow) at 3:30pm Wednesday, Nov 28th. You can also tune in to watch the live stream of games here

Troy
El Camino
Canyon Springs
Mission Hills
LJCDS
Bradshaw Christian
Bishop's
Miramonte
Bonita Vista
IMG
Highlands Ranch
Mater Dei
Lakewood
Spring Valley
Corner Canyon
Millennium

This event is loaded ...

Millennium is considered the best team in Arizona
IMG is top three in Florida
Highlands Ranch is top two in Colorado
Spring Valley was the second best 4A team in Nevada last year
Corner Canyon is supposedly a top five team in Utah

And the California teams are good too ...

This is the best Sweet 16 I can recall ...

This event is loaded ...

Millennium is considered the best team in Arizona
IMG is top three in Florida
Highlands Ranch is top two in Colorado
Spring Valley was the second best 4A team in Nevada last year
Corner Canyon is supposedly a top five team in Utah

And the California teams are good too ...

This is the best Sweet 16 I can recall ...
I agree with you!

Coaching helped, but the players are the ones who win. Great comeback from down 16 early. Bishop's is young and good, but lacks depth at this point.

Reactions: Paytc
Coaching helped, but the players are the ones who win. Great comeback from down 16 early. Bishop's is young and good, but lacks depth at this point.

It's always the players who have to do it because they are on the court. At least sometimes they are on the court. Because who starts and who makes it into the 8-9 player rotation is up to the coach. What game plan or adjustments will be used is up to the coach. What system, philosophy, and confidence level during preparation before, during, and after games, depends a lot on the coach. The coach is by far the most influential and powerful person on any team. They have the ability to stand in the way or get out of the way of everything. The best coaches are the ones with the fire and confidence players feed off (not the timid ones). The best coaches typically prepare and empower their players from November till March and beyond. That way they send their players off with the confidence and work ethic to continue to improve upon their game (on the big stages). And on their lives long after the games are over.

nice to see MM's venture into independent status yield a well-matched opponent early in their schedule. hope closely contested games (win or lose) continue.

Final Troy 60 LJCD 58 ...huuuuuge as the Orange one says:)
can't remember the last time LJCD didn't make the semis at their
own tournament

Final HR 72 MM 49...Like I said HR is tough.... the Muma kid is a soph and the Neubert kid going to play in Hawaii next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT