ADVERTISEMENT

March 4 Scores

DLS played great until the final 2 posessions. Clock shot forced a 25 foot turnaround throw up and. And last possession after a time out and the Ball for DLS , they get Blair on a miss match post 5 feet from basket. No pass to Blair but a forced runner .

Oakland Tech 61 Justin-Siena 55.. 3 point game with 38 seconds , Justin fouls for 5th team foul, officials give 2 shots. Misses both Justin gets rebound turns over and fouls, makes both. Would have been 6th team foul. Refs weren’t listening to bench…. Maybe doesn’t matter but that cannot happen !!

Last edited:
Reactions: M.C. fan
Oakland Tech 61 Justin-Siena 55.. 3 point game with 38 seconds , Justin fouls for 5th team foul, officials give 2 shots. Misses both Justin gets rebound misses a shot fouls, makes both. Would have been 6th team foul. Refs weren’t listening to bench…. Maybe doesn’t matter but that cannot happen !!
What? Please explain the situation clearly.

Oakland Tech 61 Justin-Siena 55.. 3 point game with 38 seconds , Justin fouls for 5th team foul, officials give 2 shots. Misses both Justin gets rebound turns over and fouls, makes both. Would have been 6th team foul. Refs weren’t listening to bench…. Maybe doesn’t matter but that cannot happen !!
Sorry to hear. Great season regardless and tough to win al these road games

Salesian controlled the majority of the game in my opinion. If they can keep the big in check it should be a clear win.
They seem to be playing best hoops late too.
Same SRV Team also beat Granada. Home game for Salesian also. I say another 55-45 type game .

Reactions: B_Smooth_7
What? Please explain the situation clearly.
Justin made the game 55-58 with 41 seconds left. They fouled, which would have been their 5th team foul(official awarded 2 free throws - table didn’t say anything) Oakland Tech player missed both free throws. Justin got the rebound came down turned the ball over, loose ball foul with about 20, was the 6th team foul. Oakland Tech made both Free throws. Now up 5, Justin missed a shot. 2 free throws again....figured it out now, so gave them a 1 and 1 made first missed 2nd. Final score 61-55.

Last edited:
so confused

Justin made the game 55-58 with 41 seconds left. They fouled, which would have been their 5th team foul(official awarded 2 free throws - table didn’t say anything) Oakland Tech player missed both free throws. Justin got the rebound came down turned the ball over, loose ball foul with about 20, was the 6th team foul. Oakland Tech made both Free throws. Now up 5, Justin missed a shot. 2 free throws again....figured it out now, so gave them a 1 and 1 made first missed 2nd. Final score 61-55.
still confused.
was it a shooting foul? even though the clock said 5 was it actually 7 in the book?
also, no such thing as loose ball foul in high school.

Kind of off topic, as I was leaving the Salesian game I heard them announce “now entering the game Leon powe” and I was flashed back to the early 2000s watching Leon and ayinde Ubaka go back and forth in the old OAL. That has to be his son right? That Oakland tech team was fun to watch. They lost to Trevor Arizas team in the state finals I still remember seeing Ariza dunk in warm ups and he was just different!

Kind of off topic, as I was leaving the Salesian game I heard them announce “now entering the game Leon powe” and I was flashed back to the early 2000s watching Leon and ayinde Ubaka go back and forth in the old OAL. That has to be his son right? That Oakland tech team was fun to watch. They lost to Trevor Arizas team in the state finals I still remember seeing Ariza dunk in warm ups and he was just different!
Those were some great games. Leon Powe story is even better then anything he did on the court. I remember that Westchester team. They were so loaded. Ariza had a really good 17 year nba career.
Ok back to scores. Lol

Reactions: nobody209
Yes, that's his son.

Sloppy. Might not have mattered but that can’t happen.
Good season @winetot. 28-6 Glad I caught you guys on best performance of year. I would imagine a couple kids like Jackson and Hightower will be playing after Hs.

still confused.
was it a shooting foul? even though the clock said 5 was it actually 7 in the book?
also, no such thing as loose ball foul in high school.
It was not a shooting foul. It was a foul on the floor. The fouls were not on the board. My only guess is that the board did not work. The foul on the floor was the 5th team foul and the official awarded 2 shots. The score table did not say anything when the shooter was shooting. The shooter missed both shots , Justin came down turned the ball over. Ball was knocked into back court , Oakland Tech player beat Justin to the ball and Justin fouled again, which would have been the 6th team foul…. Official gave 2 shots again…. Oakland Tech played made both…. This should have been a side out.. Justin had shots and missed. Oakland Tech played hard and made more plays…. The table situation should never happen and the officials need to be aware as well, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Those were some great games. Leon Powe story is even better then anything he did on the court. I remember that Westchester team. They were so loaded. Ariza had a really good 17 year nba career.
Ok back to scores. Lol

I saw that Westchester team when they came up to Portland and played in the Les Schwab tournament…. They beat mighty Oak Hill in the finals…. Both teams were ranked Top 5 nationally at the time. One of the very best HS games I ever witnessed.

Reactions: larry legend33
It was not a shooting foul. It was a foul on the floor. The fouls were not on the board. My only guess is that the board did not work. The foul on the floor was the 5th team foul and the official awarded 2 shots. The score table did not say anything when the shooter was shooting. The shooter missed both shots , Justin came down turned the ball over. Ball was knocked into back court , Oakland Tech player beat Justin to the ball and Justin fouled again, which would have been the 6th team foul…. Official gave 2 shots again…. Oakland Tech played made both…. This should have been a side out.. Justin had shots and missed. Oakland Tech played hard and made more plays…. The table situation should never happen and the officials need to be aware as well, in my opinion.
oh ok. well if the visiting book had 5 and the home book had 7. the visiting book at the table should have checked after the quarters. also on every foul to make sure. especially considering the clock fouls were not working.

I saw that Westchester team when they came up to Portland and played in the Les Schwab tournament…. They beat mighty Oak Hill in the finals…. Both teams were ranked Top 5 nationally at the time. One of the very best HS games I ever witnessed.
@kiddman32 , we’re you an intel guy up in Portland area?

oh ok. well if the visiting book had 5 and the home book had 7. the visiting book at the table should have checked after the quarters. also on every foul to make sure. especially considering the clock fouls were not working.
The official awarded 2 shooting fouls. The home team had 5 as well. The home team would not allow the visiting book to sit at the table. The officials changed to one and one w 9 seconds left to go after the game was essentially over.

@kiddman32 , we’re you an intel guy up in Portland area?
Intel guy? I'm not an intel guy now...

But I did go to a ton of games during my 18 years up there...

There was a message forum vaguely similar to this one up there, run by the Oregonian newspaper, and I was on that a lot. It was nowhere as good as this one, though, TONS of haters that made the vitriol that sometimes occurs on our football forum look like nicey-nicey kids' stuff.

For example, just about everyone there that wasn't a Lake Oswego fan during Kevin Love's time there referred to Love as "Baby Huey" and said he was a dirty cheater, etc etc etc. As one of those on that forum that expressed a liking to Love's game, I got called a lot of things, too.

The Oregonian eventually dropped the HS sports forums altogether, probably because they were tired of having to moderate constant complaints, delete posts, remove users, etc. Give you an idea how bad it was: They removed the HS sports forum and left the POLITICS forum running.

Reactions: CoachRandal
Intel guy? I'm not an intel guy now...

But I did go to a ton of games during my 18 years up there...

There was a message forum vaguely similar to this one up there, run by the Oregonian newspaper, and I was on that a lot. It was nowhere as good as this one, though, TONS of haters that made the vitriol that sometimes occurs on our football forum look like nicey-nicey kids' stuff.

For example, just about everyone there that wasn't a Lake Oswego fan during Kevin Love's time there referred to Love as "Baby Huey" and said he was a dirty cheater, etc etc etc. As one of those on that forum that expressed a liking to Love's game, I got called a lot of things, too.

The Oregonian eventually dropped the HS sports forums altogether, probably because they were tired of having to moderate constant complaints, delete posts, remove users, etc. Give you an idea how bad it was: They removed the HS sports forum and left the POLITICS forum running.
No I meant did intel Corp bring you to Portland from the Bay Area. Big employer in suburbs of Portland.

The official awarded 2 shooting fouls. The home team had 5 as well. The home team would not allow the visiting book to sit at the table. The officials changed to one and one w 9 seconds left to go after the game was essentially

Nonsense. The officials can make sure the visitors scorekeeper sits at the table.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT