ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Johnson has been let go at Sac High

I sort of stopped following them after swafford left. Those were some great teams. But sac high won 25 games last year? A bit puzzling but I don’t know the back story.
swafford was my jv coach back at valley in 95 probably one of if not the best coach I've ever had ... wonder what the issue was ?

Last edited:
I sort of stopped following them after swafford left. Those were some great teams. But sac high won 25 games last year? A bit puzzling but I don’t know the back story.
Sac High has struggled to find consistency since the last Swafford team that had Young/Terrell. But they seemed to be on the upswing after last year

Reactions: coachlittle
Sac High has struggled to find consistency since the last Swafford team that had Young/Terrell. But they seemed to be on the upswing after last year
They would of had consistency for 20 more years after swafford if they would of hired his long time assistant earl allen. They have made some bizarre coaching decisions over in oak park.

Reactions: larry legend33
They would of had consistency for 20 more years after swafford if they would of hired his long time assistant earl allen. They have made some bizarre coaching decisions over in oak park.
They did hire Earl, but then he had an unexpected departure too. But he looked to be building it up too

dont understand. Success? a sac alumni? gone for lack of communication? more to the story for sure

I'm sorry to hear that. Sac High had a great season last year. It sounds like AAU is the best option for coaching these days. I wouldn't recommend coaching a high school team unless you're a teacher and the athletic director. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the AD ended up coaching the team.

This will be Sac High's fourth coach in eight seasons since Swafford stepped down. It is becoming clear this is a school issue
After watching the 4 minute news interview with him just now my stance has changed a bit. He openly admits he was breaking various school rules in regards to unsanctioned practices and letting a player practice when he was suspended from school and not allowed to practice. That kind of stuff isn’t going to fly at any school.

After watching the 4 minute news interview with him just now my stance has changed a bit. He openly admits he was breaking various school rules in regards to unsanctioned practices and letting a player practice when he was suspended from school and not allowed to practice. That kind of stuff isn’t going to fly at any school.
so he is saying the admin didnt communicate that the players cannot practice

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkQaVKh64AI

coach in the comments defending himself. lollll... his lawyer should tell him to cool it.

i do understand where he comes from about sending kids home, but also he was suspended for something and him being away from basketball is the lesson. my high school team was filled with kids who if werent allowed to play basketball would have been dead, or felons.

also he told the school he was quitting after the season, tried to re schedule a meeting. so at that point the admin said it aint the best fit. why wait.

professional courtesy. if i have a meeting scheduled and it is serious. i dont text, i call and have a conversation. sounded like he called they bluff, and he crapped out...
heading to Graton tonight hope i dont suffer the same fate

That’s good to know more of the story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT