ADVERTISEMENT

MC Super Scrimmage chance to see top programs!

So, I got there around 10... Lots of really solid teams, some even more than that!

There was no score kept publicly and I decided not to pull out my scoreboard app.

But still, it seemed to me like Clovis North was the top team. Fast, deep, smart, and a multitude of strong 3-ball shooters. Two coach's-sons to extend that aspect to the floor. Only thing they don't have is a lot of size, but they are so fast and active that they have few difficulties on the boards.

I went to MaxPreps to check their schedule out, and CN has certainly got the slate of a state-title contender! Highlights include the Gridley tournament, the Mission Prep tournament and the Classic at Damien. They also play Jesuit at DLS's MLK showcase and Vanden at the Crush in the Valley.

Modesto Christian looked good, as did Clovis West, Sheldon, Weston Ranch...

Redwood is an interesting team... Quite a bit of size, and several good shooters. Last year's team went 23-7 with NO seniors. They had some trouble (but still were competitive) with Weston Ranch and Clovis West, both speedy run 'n jump teams, but were dominant vs. a more-typical-style Downey. My Cougs face them in a scrimmage on Saturday the 18th.

A couple freshmen of note were Asher Thompson of Clovis West and Xavier Starks of Vanden. These two will be fun to watch in the upcoming years.

So, I got there around 10... Lots of really solid teams, some even more than that!

There was no score kept publicly and I decided not to pull out my scoreboard app.

But still, it seemed to me like Clovis North was the top team. Fast, deep, smart, and a multitude of strong 3-ball shooters. Two coach's-sons to extend that aspect to the floor. Only thing they don't have is a lot of size, but they are so fast and active that they have few difficulties on the boards.

I went to MaxPreps to check their schedule out, and CN has certainly got the slate of a state-title contender! Highlights include the Gridley tournament, the Mission Prep tournament and the Classic at Damien. They also play Jesuit at DLS's MLK showcase and Vanden at the Crush in the Valley.

Modesto Christian looked good, as did Clovis West, Sheldon, Weston Ranch...

Redwood is an interesting team... Quite a bit of size, and several good shooters. Last year's team went 23-7 with NO seniors. They had some trouble (but still were competitive) with Weston Ranch and Clovis West, both speedy run 'n jump teams, but were dominant vs. a more-typical-style Downey. My Cougs face them in a scrimmage on Saturday the 18th.

A couple freshmen of note were Asher Thompson of Clovis West and Xavier Starks of Vanden. These two will be fun to watch in the upcoming years.
Thanks @kiddman32 . Seems like CN never has any height and will not open your eyes in layup lines but the pace they play and shooting ability makes them extremely tough. They get so many possessions and attempts. Love how the amundson kid plays.
Redwood will be very good at D2 level. Likely the team to beat In NCS and maybe Norcal. They have a bunch of 6”4-6”7 guys who know how to play. They split with Branson last year in league.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Another thing about Redwood... I heard that they beat Riordan by 20-ish in a scrimmage back in September.

The guy I heard this from is very reputable, so I'm sure the result is accurate. But he did get the result second-hand, and didn't know whether Riordan played all their studs. If their off-season philosophy is anything like DLS's, then it's probable the studs didn't play. I don't think I've ever seen DLS play their stars in the summer, or even have them in uniform for the games.

Another thing about Redwood... I heard that they beat Riordan by 20-ish in a scrimmage back in September.

The guy I heard this from is very reputable, so I'm sure the result is accurate. But he did get the result second-hand, and didn't know whether Riordan played all their studs. If their off-season philosophy is anything like DLS's, then it's probable the studs didn't play. I don't think I've ever seen DLS play their stars in the summer, or even have them in uniform for the games.
Redwood will be legit. Sort of like university from last year. Great place to watch a game too.

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT