ADVERTISEMENT

Mitty/Bay City Basketball 2024 F Belle Bramer has been offered by Portland

What pains me is that we see all these student-athletes getting offers from Colleges OUTSIDE of the Bay Area. I never see SJSU, SCU, USF sign a lot of local players let alone give any offers. Local college coaches can't sell local universities? In any case, a bummer to see!

What pains me is that we see all these student-athletes getting offers from Colleges OUTSIDE of the Bay Area. I never see SJSU, SCU, USF sign a lot of local players let alone give any offers. Local college coaches can't sell local universities? In any case, a bummer to see!
Santa Clara and St Marys have consistently recruited locally. They have offered many from the bay and nor cal over the years. Whether or not they get the kids is a different question. USF has certainly made a point to focus on overseas recruiting. I think their foreign players outnumber americans, so I will give you that one. SJSU as well but they have signed a few local kids over the last decade but certainly not many. Now they have offered at least one local kid in the last 6 months so maybe a shift?

Maybe you are more surprised because you choose to live here, but a lot of kids do no want to stay local for college. Or maybe those programs dont win enough, I'm not sure.

Just because you don't see the offers posted on here doesn't mean they arent out there.

Heartily Agree with OnBall.

Santa Clara currently features players from Mitty and SI. St. Mary's has players from Carondelet and SJND.

Both Santa Clara and St. Mary's have offered Mitty's Emma Cook '26. SJSU has offered Mitty's Elana Weisman and I'm sure there are offers out to other locals that just haven't been publicized.

Belle is a great kid and yes playing with Cal Stars. Saw her this past weekend and has definitely received a lot more attention. Phoenix was packed and great games all day, all weekend. Great pick up for Kelly in the Transfer portal there. We played Bay City in the Hirashima tournament and she was not on the team then.

Reactions: Streak One
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT