ADVERTISEMENT

NCP Pick'em Week 3

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Here are the games for this week. Picks are due by 7:00 PM on Friday. Game of the Week is Serra-DLS

De La Salle at Serra
Escalon at Windsor
Pittsburg at Granite Bay
Los Gatos at Liberty
Manteca at St. Mary's
Vacaville at Cardinal Newman
Bellarmine vs. McClymonds at SJCC
St. Francis at Monterey Trail
Patterson at Sequoia
Yuba City at Pleasant Valley

Last edited:
Reactions: Santa Ball
10 Patterson
9 McClymonds
8 St. Mary's
7 Vacaville
6 Escalon
5 Monterey Trail
4 Pitt
3 LG
2 Serra 24-21
1 PV

Last edited:
10 Monterey Trail
9 McClymonds
8 Patterson
7 Vacaville
6 Pittsburg
5 Escalon
4 Serra (20-17)
3 Yuba City
2 Manteca
1 Liberty

Last edited:
Serra 35, DLS 21.
Escalon 29, Windsor 27.
Pittsburg 24, Granite Bay 21.
Liberty 35, Los Gatos 24.
St. Mary’s 30, Manteca 28.
Vacaville 34, Cardinal Newman 24.
McClymonds 27, Bellarmine 22.
Monterey Trail 14, St. Francis 13.
Patterson 38, Sequoia 28.
Pleasant Valley 24, Yuba City 22.
Not on pick’ems:
Downey 35, Merced 27.

10. Pittsburg at Granite Bay
9. Los Gatos at Liberty
8. St. Francis at Monterey Trail
7. Escalon at Windsor
6. Bellarmine vs. McClymonds at SJCC
5. Vacaville at Cardinal Newman
4. Manteca at St. Mary's
3. Yuba City at Pleasant Valley
2. Patterson at Sequoia
1. De La Salle at Serra (21-14)

Reactions: concrete17
My picks in bold …

10) Manteca at St. Mary's *
09) Patterson at Sequoia
08) Vacaville at Cardinal Newman
07) Pittsburg at Granite Bay
06) Los Gatos at Liberty
05) Bellarmine vs. McClymonds
04) Yuba City at Pleasant Valley
03) St. Francis at Monterey Trail
02) Escalon at Windsor
01) De La Salle at Serra (24-21)

* St. Mary’s will pack the box and dare Manteca to pass the ball. Manteca will bust thru the box on a few big plays and score, in addition to gaining big yards on QB sweeps. But IMHO, it won’t be enough. The Rams balanced offense and speed is much better than VDL and GB, and will move the ball, especially in the air, and will be very hard to stop, or even slow down. If the Rams get stopped it will be via mistakes (penalties/turnovers). The Rams D gave up big yards vs Central Catholic. But, they made the stops when needed, especially getting some tackles in the backfield, to pull out the win in the 4th quarter. This will be another tale of “catch me if you can”. However, not discounting Manteca. With their ground game, anticipate them to control the clock and limit the number of possessions for the Rams. As such, the Rams “must” score on each and every opportunity it has to stretch the lead and neutralize any concerns with the clock, and instead force Manteca to rush their plays and make mistakes (ie. go to the air, which they don’t do). Special teams will be a factor, too. The Rams special teams have blocked extra points in each of their games to start the season. This may be mute as I anticipate the Buffaloes going for 2pts on occasion, especially if they can find ease running the ball. Not at all predicting the Rams to win big. It may come down to which team has the ball at the end to win the game, as the Rams have been giving up big points. Anticipate a shootout like occurred between Manteca vs VDL and St. Mary’s vs Central Catholic. It’s only my 10 pointer because I’m a SM Rams homer and I have confidence in their offense being much better than VDL’s who had a big lead vs Manteca early in their game. I am still working on my confidence with the Rams defense. Hence, this will most likely be a very close game, noting that the Buffaloes pitched an impressive shutout vs Granite Bay and also made the stops vs VDL to allow their offense to takeover that game. Manteca’s defense is good! Their offense is very good! And if Bryson Davis returns from his elbow injury, they will be very hard to stop. Will the Buffaloes upset the home team Rams? It’s very possible, just as Turlock did in the playoffs last season. Huge challenge for both teams’ D in this game. Rams D will need to step up! GO RAMS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Manteca @ St. Mary’s may be without Bryson Davis, as reported in the Manteca Bulletin he did not play in the game vs Granite Bay due to torn ligaments in his elbow, sustained from the Manteca victory over Vista Del Lago.

Manteca Bulletin story on Manteca vs Granite Bay

How long does it take to recover from torn ligaments in the elbow? If he does not return for this coming Friday’s game vs St. Mary’s, I expect he will return for the D2 playoffs and we could see these 2 teams return for a rematch when it really matters.

Based on this article above, Granite Bay was without their starting QB and lost their stud LB for the second half when Manteca put points on the board. St. Mary’s has depth at QB with both senior Samson Hunkin and sophomore Devin Rasmussen, both very capable and comfortable behind center. They are deep at RB and WR, as well. But, going up against Manteca’s line on defense and offense will be a huge challenge for the Rams. Stopping the Buffalo’s run game may be its biggest challenge. Some may see this as a tune-up before facing DLS and their run game. But, this Manteca team should not and will not be overlooked as they are indeed a formidable challenge. It’s going to be good! And I’m kinda disappointed I won’t be there to watch it in person. GO RAMS!!!

Here are the games for this week. Picks are due by 7:00 PM on Friday

De La Salle at Serra
Escalon at Windsor
Pittsburg at Granite Bay
Los Gatos at Liberty
Manteca at St. Mary's
Vacaville at Cardinal Newman
Bellarmine vs. McClymonds at SJCC
St. Francis at Monterey Trail
Patterson at Sequoia
Yuba City at Pleasant Valley

Game of the Week Voting - https://norcalpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/week-3-game-of-the-week-poll.29012/
10. Vacacville
9. Los Gatos
8. Pittsburg
7. St. Mary's
6. St. Francis
5. Pleasant Valley
4. McClymonds
3. Serra (24-21)
2. Escalon
1. Patterson

10 Patterson
9 McClymonds
8 Vacaville
7 Monterey Trail
6 Escalon
5 Los Gatos
4 Pittsburg
3 St. Mary's
2 Yuba City
1 Serra 25-21

10) St. Mary's
09) Vacaville
08) McClymonds
07) Pittsburg
06) Los Gatos
05) Patterson
04) St. Francis
03) Yuba City
02) Windsor
01) De La Salle 28-27

10 Patterson
9 Serra (24-21)
8 Mack
7 SM
6 Vacaville
5 Pitt
4 Escalon
3 MT
2 Los Gatos
1 Yuba City

SearsPoints Says:

10 - Patterson
9 - Vacaville
8 - Serra (28-14)
7 - Pittsburg
6 - St Marys
5 - McClymonds
4 - Monterey Trail
3 - Los Gatos
2 - Yuba City
1 - Escalon

10 Patterson
9 Vacaville
8 Los Gatos
7 Pittsburg
6 Serra 22-17
5 St. Francis
4 Pleasent Valley
3 McClymonds
2 St. Mary's
1 Windsor

Last edited:
10. Patterson
9. St. Marys
8. Los Gatos
7. PV
6. Vacaville
5. St. Francis
4. Pitt
3. Bellarmine
2. Windsor
1. DLS 28-20

10 Patterson
9 Vacaville
8 Pittsburg
7 McClymonds
6 St. Mary's
5 Serra 24-14
4 Windsor
3 St. Francis
2 Yuba City
1 Liberty

10. Serra 24-7
9. St Francis
8. St Mary’s
7. Patterson
6. Pitt
5. Vacaville
4. Windsor
3. McClymonds
2. Los Gatos
1. Pleasant valley

10 Vacaville
9 Los Gatos
8 Mack
7 Patterson
6 Pitt
5 St Mary's
4 Windsor
3 Monterey Trail
2 Yuba City
1 DLS 26-24
* Serra beat Folsom, Folsom beats DLS. DLS beats Serra. Potential 3 way tie scenario. That would make things real interesting

10. De La Salle at Serra (42-7)
9. Escalon at Windsor
8. Pittsburg at Granite Bay
7. Los Gatos at Liberty
6. Vacaville at Cardinal Newman
5. Manteca at St. Mary's
4. Patterson at Sequoia
3. St. Francis at Monterey Trail
2. Yuba City at Pleasant Valley
1. Bellarmine vs. McClymonds at SJCC

10. Patterson
9. Escalon
8. Vacaville
7. GB
6. Serra 33-30
5. Mack
4. Liberty
3. Yuba City
2. St. Francis
1. Mannnnnnnntttteeeeccccccaaaaaaaa!

• Haha
Reactions: bulldogmgc
10. Patterson
9. Escalon
8. Vacaville
7. GB
6. Serra 33-30
5. Mack
4. Liberty
3. Yuba City
2. St. Francis
1. Mannnnnnnntttteeeeccccccaaaaaaaa!
Bulldogmgc, I do like the Ram's and will be cheering you on, I tilted to the Buffalos purely from what they're Defense brings. I see this game 17-16 or something close. Being a Modesto guy, I generally root local. St. Mary's Rams are a stellar team and should be commended. i love the upset first and foremost, so let's go Mannnnnnnneeeeccccccaaaaaaaaa!

Reactions: bulldogmgc
10 Patterson
9 Pittsburg
8 McClymonds
7 Vacaville
6 St. Mary's
5 Serra (27-24)
4 Los Gatos
3 Pleasant Valley
2 Windsor
1 Monterey Trail

1 Serra 28-27
2 Escalon
3 Pleasant Valley
4 Pittsburg
5 Los Gatos
6 St. Francis
7 St. Mary's
8 Vacaville
9 McClymonds
10 Patterson

Reactions: Sacchiefs
De La Salle at Serra- DLS 1 21-14
Escalon at Windsor- Escalon 4
Pittsburg at Granite Bay- Pitt 10
Los Gatos at Liberty- LG 6
Manteca at St. Mary's- SM 7
Vacaville at Cardinal Newman- Vacaville 8
Bellarmine vs. McClymonds at SJCC- Mack 5
St. Francis at Monterey Trail- SF 3
Patterson at Sequoia- Patterson 9
Yuba City at Pleasant Valley-PV 2

Bulldogmgc, I do like the Ram's and will be cheering you on, I tilted to the Buffalos purely from what they're Defense brings. I see this game 17-16 or something close. Being a Modesto guy, I generally root local. St. Mary's Rams are a stellar team and should be commended. i love the upset first and foremost, so let's go Mannnnnnnneeeeccccccaaaaaaaaa!
Do you know if Bryson Davis is playing for Manteca? I understand he has torn ligaments in his elbow. I would not expect him to play for a few weeks. Best to save him for the playoffs. In regards to the Buffalo defense, they are going up against a balanced offense that is better than VDL and GB, averaging 40 pts against Clovis West and Central Catholic this season and nearly 42 pts/game last season, never under 32 pts in a game. If VDL was able to score 35, with 28 in the first half, I have a hard time picturing Manteca stopping the Rams offense. Only the Rams via mistakes (penalties, turnovers) will stop this Rams offense. There is just way too much speed (more than VDL and GB). I anticipate a much higher score by both teams in a shootout, with Manteca pulling off some trick plays and QB runs for the Buffaloes to stay in this game and have a chance for the upset. The game plan has been set by Turlock and CC used much of that game plan with their QB against the Rams. But, in both case the QB had to threaten the Rams D in the air to open it up. Not sure Manteca’s air attack is all that good (yet to be proven). When CC ran the ball it was either a few big gains or being stopped at the LOS or behind it, except for that 3rd quarter 10 min series (passing the ball was in the mix, too). As I shared in my analysis earlier, the Buffaloes who bring an outstanding ground game, will find holes and make big runs. But, I anticipate the Rams D will make the stops when needed. Especially with Davis potentially not playing, it’s either a close game with Manteca prime for an upset or the Rams are blowing this game wide open like VDL did early on before crashing. I don’t foresee the Rams crashing, especially if Davis is not playing. I anticipate the Buffalo’s secondary to get torched, not just from long passes but short ones with much YAC. It’s going to be a shootout! Also, special teams will play a big part, too. I will be watching via NFHS while staying at the Great Wolf Lodge in Manteca for my granddaughter’s 2nd birthday. The water park closes at 8pm. My prediction for this game: SM 42 Manteca 27 (Rams block a PAT).

NorCalSportsFan picks

10. Patterson
9. Vacaville
8. Pittsburg
7. Los Gatos
6. St Mary’s
5. Pleasant Valley
4. Escalon
3. McClymonds
2. Monterey Trail
1. De La Salle (21-17)

10 st marys
9 Serra
8 vacaville
7 mac
6 liberty
5 GB
4 escalon
3 sequoia
2 MT
1 PV

My surprise by far is the Serra defense. They shut out DLS! And last week they shut out Folsom for 3 quarters. Pretty impressive and surprising

Week 3 Scores. Congrats to John Mellencamp. Two wins in three weeks. And the top two posters are creating a little separation. Scores are final at 12:00 PM on Monday

Serra beat De La Salle 28-0
Escalon beat Windsor 42-39
Pittsburg beat Granite Bay 41-21
Los Gatos beat Liberty 35-34
St. Mary’s beat Manteca 44-7
Cardinal Newman beat Vacaville 27-7
McClymonds beat Bellarmine 40-0
St. Francis beat Monterey Trail 28-21
Patterson beat Sequoia 42-0
Pleasant Valley beat Yuba City 35-0

John Mellencamp 47
The Heat Miser 46