ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D1/D3/D5 semifinal Picks

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
NCS D1

Monte Vista over San Leandro: Mustangs stay hot and reach the finals. MV is 14-3 in its last 17 games with the three losses coming to San Ramon Valley.

Granada over Logan: Logan won the regular season meeting 67-58. I'll say the Matadors turn the tables in the playoffs. Logan's last three wins have been by a combined 10 points.

NCS D3

Marin Catholic over Eureka: Marin Catholic makes the finals as the most complete team in the braket.

Pinole Valley over San Marin: Pinole Valley has been tested with eight of its nine losses to Top 20 teams. Should be some good guard matchups in this one

NCS D5

Upper Lake over Mt. Diablo: Upper Lake has won 20 in a row coming into this one agianst Mt. Diablo, which knocked off top seed Berean Christian.

San Domenico over University: University has three wins over San Domenico in holding them to less than 40 points in each game. I'll go with San Domenico to turn the tide in matchup #4

Reactions: TheHillZ
NCS D1

Monte Vista over San Leandro: Mustangs stay hot and reach the finals. MV is 14-3 in its last 17 games with the three losses coming to San Ramon Valley.

Granada over Logan: Logan won the regular season meeting 67-58. I'll say the Matadors turn the tables in the playoffs. Logan's last three wins have been by a combined 10 points.

NCS D3

Marin Catholic over Eureka: Marin Catholic makes the finals as the most complete team in the braket.

Pinole Valley over San Marin: Pinole Valley has been tested with eight of its nine losses to Top 20 teams. Should be some good guard matchups in this one

NCS D5

Upper Lake over Mt. Diablo: Upper Lake has won 20 in a row coming into this one agianst Mt. Diablo, which knocked off top seed Berean Christian.

San Domenico over University: University has three wins over San Domenico in holding them to less than 40 points in each game. I'll go with San Domenico to turn the tide in matchup #4
I would be very surprised to see SD beat University, unless there is something I'm missing......

Granada beat Logan 61-41 to reach the NCS D1 finals

In D5, Upper Lake beat Mt. Diablo 65-52 and University beat San Domenico 48-27

Reactions: CaliHoops23
University's win over San Domenico was its fourth of the year over the reigning D5 state champion. It also has a win over Pinewood. I expect a significant jump for it, at least into D2, for NorCal.

Reactions: CaliHoops23
University's win over San Domenico was its fourth of the year over the reigning D5 state champion. It also has a win over Pinewood. I expect a significant jump for it, at least into D2, for NorCal.
I doubt D2, but it probably won't be in D5. They're currently (as of today) 17th in NCS and from what I heard about what Pat C said, they rank them in best to least. D4 seems like a good spot for them, seeing that hey have no "signature" wins and a loss to Justin sienna. Coach Mary does a good job with those kids and glad she's still in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT