ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D2

Gil Lemmon incompetence shines again. Even if he is not on selection committee he is the Commisioner..

here is the dumbest pair of seeding ever.....
Miramonte girls clearly the best D2 team who apparently are independent can’t win a league title will play AT Benicia who won their league but sport a10-16 overall record. In addition the D2 1 seed Bishop Odowd who was co-champs of WAAC(split with SL but lost second matchup) will also travel to play a 10-16 Benecia team. So Benecia will host a doubleheader NCS game as 16 seeds... I hope Odowd and Miramonte win by 50 so they can fix the system!

Reactions: BasketballBall1
Gil Lemmon incompetence shines again. Even if he is not on selection committee he is the Commisioner..

Miramonte girls clearly the best D2 team who apparently are independent can’t win a league title will play AT Benicia who won their league but sport a10-16 overall record. In addition the D2 1 seed Bishop Odowd who was co-champs of WAAC(split with SL but lost second matchup) will also travel to play a 10-16 Benecia team. So Benecia will host a doubleheader NCS game as 16 seeds... I hope Odowd and Miramonte win by 50 so they can fix the system!
Yeah the whole “win your league and get a home game 1st round” is garbage. No. How about be good and be a top seed and get a home game instead of winning your washed league

Why is Bethel having to travel to SR when they won their league last night and have a higher seed?

That won't be an easy game either for Bethel. Santa Rosa is sort of under the radar and pretty solid team. Well coached. Play hard and have a solid PG.

That's really a bizarro scenario to have two #16 seeds host #1s - totally defies any logic or fairness. It won't matter anyway as OD and Miramonte will curb stomp them but still FUBAR!

That's really a bizarro scenario to have two #16 seeds host #1s - totally defies any logic or fairness. It won't matter anyway as OD and Miramonte will curb stomp them but still FUBAR!

It's so ridculous. Cost each school a home game + forces families/players to travel when they have earned a home game.

So Bishop O'Dowd gets the 1 seed and 16-seed Benicia is 10-16 and hosts Bishop O'Dowd?

Granted they are going to lose by 30+, but like other posters have said, unfair to have the 1 seeds fans have to travel an hour-hour and half in Bay Area traffic to watch their team play. The Whole guaranteed first home game for winning your conference needs to be done away with!

The guaranteed first home game used to be home throughout the playoffs. That was changed about 5 years ago to just the first game. All the more reason for BOD to make sure they win their league as you never know how those brackets will shake out.

Reactions: nostancenochance
Bethel didn’t fill out paperwork to host. SR did.

Also I think another factor is some gyms are too small to host NCS games. Hence why University and Stuart Hall use Kezar as their homecourt throughout.

The guaranteed first home game used to be home throughout the playoffs. That was changed about 5 years ago to just the first game. All the more reason for BOD to make sure they win their league as you never know how those brackets will shake out.
The other dumb part of this is Odowd IS Co-Champs of WACC, they split with San Leandro each having 1 league loss but SL got automatic bid??? That makes no sense either

Sonoma County teams are playing in tough leagues. Let's not listen to Bitter Branson Fan and defer judgment to Larry. Maybe Piner will beat Campo and I will be wrong about something for once.

First round scores:
#1 Bishop O'Dowd 75-#16 Benicia 40
#8 Bethel 68-#9 Santa Rosa 57
#4 Redwood 64-#13 Vallejo 53
#5 San Lorenzo 61-#12 Alameda 56
#2 Moreau Catholic 81-#15 Washington 49
#7 Northgate-#10 Newark Memorial unknown
#14 Las Lomas 64-#3 Cardinal Newman 57
#11 Tamalpais 52-#6 Montgomery 50

Quarterfinal matchups (all games Friday at 7 unless noted)
#8 Bethel at #1 Bishop O'Dowd
#5 San Lorenzo at #4 Redwood
#7 Northgate/#10 Newark Memorial at #2 Moreau Catholic
#14 Las Lomas at #11 Tamalpais

Last edited:
Las Lomas wins.

I was surprised that LL was even eligible for the playoffs with a losing record overall and 6th place at 3-9 in league. They lost everyone from last year’s championship team, but they sure stepped up tonight at CN. That’s got to be the biggest upset of the night.

i called it at beginning of the year.. I said worst basketball Ive ever seen in Sonoma County. I predicted 1st round losses by everybody 2 mos ago. The only Sonoma County team that won(Piner) beat another Sonoma county team (Sonoma).

My only regret??? A week ago i bought into CN bs and believed they were better than my eyes and common sense told me. 2 mos of watching slopbucket competition warped my basketball vision..

my bad...

I was surprised that LL was even eligible for the playoffs with a losing record overall and 6th place at 3-9 in league. They lost everyone from last year’s championship team, but they sure stepped up tonight at CN. That’s got to be the biggest upset of the night.

i was reading girls forum about SMB invitation being rescinded because no one checked if they were eligible. That's nutso. But LL checks out with over .500 in D2

First round scores:
#1 Bishop O'Dowd 75-#16 Benicia 40
#8 Bethel 68-#9 Santa Rosa 57
#4 Redwood 64-#13 Vallejo 53
#5 San Lorenzo 61-#12 Alameda 56
#2 Moreau Catholic 81-#15 Washington 49
#7 Northgate-#10 Newark Memorial unknown
#14 Las Lomas 64-#3 Cardinal Newman 57
#11 Tamalpais 52-#6 Montgomery 50

Quarterfinal matchups (all games Friday at 7 unless noted)
#8 Bethel at #1 Bishop O'Dowd
#5 San Lorenzo at #4 Redwood
#7 Northgate/#10 Newark Memorial at #2 Moreau Catholic
#14 Las Lomas at #11 Tamalpais

No challenge for Odowd in top half and all the lower seeds won on bottom half making Moreau path easier. Can we just skip to BOD/Moreau final? All these other games will be terrible!!

i called it at beginning of the year.. I said worst basketball Ive ever seen in Sonoma County. I predicted 1st round losses by everybody 2 mos ago. The only Sonoma County team that won(Piner) beat another Sonoma county team (Sonoma).

My only regret??? A week ago i bought into CN bs and believed they were better than my eyes and common sense told me. 2 mos of watching slopbucket competition warped my basketball vision..

my bad...

From my prior post I thought Tam would give Monty a game and wasn't surprised they beat them. Earlier in the season monty had a close 2pt victory over them and in the recent past TAM has there number. Bethel proved too athletic for SR. They were probably poorly seeded. Newman no excuses. They were up in 4th qtr and gave up 21pts. Brutal. They haven't given up 64 points or more since earlier in the year. That is a bad loss. I remember one year Windsor was either #1 or #2 seed in NCS and got bounced in round 1. But for a team that had won 13 games in row to get bounced like that at home is inexcusable.

Redwood is my dark horse. I really like that team. Not saying they are going to get by the 2 big dogs but I think they beat San Lorenzo by double figures.

i'm capable of saying nice things. Corey Hammell was the last time i enjoyed watching a Newman team. I like watching Damian Wallace now at SRJC, he should land at a D2 and get minutes.

Wallace is a nice player. Being lefty and crafty helps him. I knew he could play in college after watching him against Moreau D1 guards. Hammell had a great career at Alaska Anchorage. That was a very good team. I liked kenny love as well.
Bad loses for Newman. They had some decent players this year but lack of a true PG hurt them. Next year should be even worse for sonoma county. Piner will run into a buzz saw against campo.

i'm capable of saying nice things. Corey Hammell was the last time i enjoyed watching a Newman team. I like watching Damian Wallace now at SRJC, he should land at a D2 and get minutes.

Corey Hammell is a legend. Personally though, my three favorite newman players of all time for various reasons are Bobby Sharpe, Eddie Curzon, and Dave Robb.

Reactions: UncleYacht
Sharpe had a nice career at Portland. Did McCall every play at next level? i can't recall. he was really good at HS level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT