ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Open - Final 4

NorCalTown

Rookie
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2021
Carondelet at Salesian
Cardinal Newman at San Ramon Valley

I have Salesian and SRV winning the semi's and Salesian winning the final. Should be great games.

For a brief moment, Pinewood had a healthy returning point guard, a healthy returning shooting guard, a healthy returning small forward, and a dominant transfer in the post. With those four, who only played together for two or three games, Pinewood was a very tough team. Against Salesian they shot 67% from three and handily won the battle of the boards.

Reactions: blex20
They almost had Oakland Tech before their point guard blew out her knee in the 3rd or 4th and lost by 4 to Carondelet too. Lost to Newman by 40. Roller coaster

Reactions: blex20 and TheHillZ
Carondelet certainly has a good chance against Salesian. Should be a close competitive game but I think Salesian will pull it out. If you are comparing, Pinewood played both teams close. In the other game, CN will have to shoot lights out (which they are capable of) to win IMO.

Reactions: CaliHoops23
SRV is very skilled, shoots excellent and finishes around the basket very well. CN will have to be very disciplined defensively and make shots. No 0-12 (from 3) start for CN this game or it could be over early. BIG home court advantage for SRV.

The other game pairs the 2 blue blood programs. I honestly dont have a real feel for this game. Its a pick-em, last possession type game. No home court for Salesian...neutral court helps CLET obviously (or at least doesn't hurt them).

Salesian/CLET is a competitive equity special. The winner most likely goes OPEN and is 1 of the bottom seeds. The loser? The favorite (IMO) to represent Norcal D1 in the state final.

Last edited:
SRV is very skilled, shoots excellent and finishes around the basket very well. CN will have to be very disciplined defensively and make shots. No 0-12 (from 3) start for CN this game or it could be over early. BIG home court advantage for SRV.

The other game pairs the 2 blue blood programs. I honestly dont have a real feel for this game. Its a pick-em, last possession type game. No home court for Salesian...neutral court helps CLET obviously (or at least doesn't hurt them).

Salesian/CLET is a competitive equity special. The winner most likely goes OPEN and is 1 of the bottom seeds. The loser? The favorite (IMO) to represent Norcal D1 in the state final.
I'm going SRV over CN. Experience of being there. SRV's PG should be the best player on the floor.

Salesian against Clet is a very intriguing match-up. Salesian has the better starting 5, and probably best 6th with Bernstine coming in 1st off the bench . Clet has more depth. I would expect Clet to give various zone looks given Salesian's inconsistent outside shooting throughout the season. Very fun game, could go either way. I lean Salesian against SRV in the title game.

Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
Salesian over Clet. Clet defense is not going to get the job done.

SRV over CN. This one is close, but shooting on your home court will tip it to SRV. I'd say CN wins if played in Santa Rosa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT