ADVERTISEMENT

Neal Begovich to Duke

Sort of misleading.
Played in 18 games in 4 years at Stanford and wasn’t on scholarship until last year.
From articles it didn’t sound like They even knew he was coming. Smart kid who probably doesn’t mind helping in practice but make no mistake he is not a recruited player in the sense we are use to.

No one ever said that. He’s a preferred walk on at Duke

iMo that’s better than getting a scholarship from 90% of schools

Well this screams hyperbole. Better than a scholarship at 90% of schools? So walking on at Duke is better than being on scholarship at at Top 50 school in the country? Ok then...
Crazy. I’m not unhappy for the kid but he’s essentially a grad student manager who will get to be put on posters in practice. (Get some cool Nike Duke gear also)

Reactions: SHgradSIdad
To be clear, this might be a great situation for Neal and an opportunity he has wanted. I always say there are a lot of different paths to have a fun/successful college career.

What I don't say is a walk on is better than a scholarship to 90% of other schools LOL

To be clear, this might be a great situation for Neal and an opportunity he has wanted. I always say there are a lot of different paths to have a fun/successful college career.

What I don't say is a walk on is better than a scholarship to 90% of other schools

Was literally trying to give this kid props for getting a walk on position at Duke and like always on these boards, it turns into some sort of attack or something negative.

Look 90% might be a high number but that wasn’t the main part of my post.

My post was made to recognize the achievements Begovich has accomplished by playing for two really good schools (academic and athletic) in Stanford and Duke

Would be nice to go one day without the vultures and buzzards coming from the skies to pick apart any sort of mistake or flaw they see.

Sad.

Reactions: CoachRandal
Was literally trying to give this kid props for getting a walk on position at Duke and like always on these boards, it turns into some sort of attack or something negative.

Look 90% might be a high number but that wasn’t the main part of my post.

My post was made to recognize the achievements Begovich has accomplished by playing for two really good schools (academic and athletic) in Stanford and Duke

Would be nice to go one day without the vultures and buzzards coming from the skies to pick apart any sort of mistake or flaw they see.

Sad.
Ok. Look at my post.

What I don't say is a walk on is better than a scholarship to 90% of other schools

I'm positive about Neal and his choice. What I'm negative about is your false information. I think it is important to have a realistic view when it comes to recruiting because there are a lot of false narratives out there about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT