ADVERTISEMENT

Newman vs “The Ranch”

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Huge NBL game Friday at CN. Rancho Cotati vs Newman with NBL champ in reach for CN if they win. Not sure if Rancho QB is back. If not I like Newman by a couple scores. He’s a difference maker. If he plays it will go down to wire. Newman has Acevedo back also.

Also, it’s Jerry Robinson night at CN. He’s arguably one of the greatest athletes and HS football players to ever suit up in norcal. Recently voted as top 100 CA player of all time and is also considered a top 100 college player ever. Something like a 3x All-American at UCLA and long pro career for eagles and raiders. Class act guy who does a lot for CN.

Huge NBL game Friday at CN. Rancho Cotati vs Newman with NBL champ in reach for CN if they win. Not sure if Rancho QB is back. If not I like Newman by a couple scores. He’s a difference maker. If he plays it will go down to wire. Newman has Acevedo back also.

Also, it’s Jerry Robinson night at CN. He’s arguably one of the greatest athletes and HS football players to ever suit up in norcal. Recently voted as top 100 CA player of all time and is also considered a top 100 college player ever. Something like a 3x All-American at UCLA and long pro career for eagles and raiders. Class act guy who does a lot for CN.
I remember watching him as a kid. Came to UCLA as a receiver, left as a three time All American linebacker. Went to HS with a couple of his cousins. He was a very big deal at CN

I remember watching him as a kid. Came to UCLA as a receiver, left as a three time All American linebacker. Went to HS with a couple of his cousins. He was a very big deal at CN
That’s awesome Remc.
My old coaches loved to tell stories about him at CN. The stuff he did on the hoop court too was crazy. Not many like him anymore. Should be a great game. Rancho has some studs.

Reactions: bella123

Good build up double L double 3.........
You're not the guy online scalping the club seats on the 50 yd line are you ?
Complete clash with Jerry Robinson tribute featured at halftime; right up there with Janet Jackson's Super Bowl appearance ( just be sure Justin Timberlake is no where next to the speaker)
Should be worth the drive. Thanks for the heads up.

Good build up double L double 3.........
You're not the guy online scalping the club seats on the 50 yd line are you ?
Complete clash with Jerry Robinson tribute featured at halftime; right up there with Janet Jackson's Super Bowl appearance ( just be sure Justin Timberlake is no where next to the speaker)
Should be worth the drive. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem concrete17. Hahaha! No scalping here. 😭.
Always an entertaining game. Still some good football up in the NBL being played. Not as much as we would like but ranch, newman, Windsor , and how about st Vincent’s.

It’s going to be CN vs MC in the ncs finals again those 2 losses by CN without their stud are looking better each week

Occasionally see him around, really nice guy. Played nose guard for Ed Lloyd at Newman. He was recruited as a tight end by UCLA. Calistoga guy (20 minutes over the hill from Newman) Dick Verniel wanted to utilize his speed and athletic ability and converted him to linebacker. 3 time All American and a few pro bowls later, not a bad move.

Last edited:
It’s going to be CN vs MC in the ncs finals again those 2 losses by CN without their stud are looking better each week
MC415, I think you are right. Newman Beats Vacaville if Acevedo didn’t get hurt and it would have been very interesting had he played against st marys.

Occasionally see him around, really nice guy. Played nose guard for Ed Lloyd at Newman. He was recruited as a tight end by UCLA. Calistoga guy (20 minutes I’ve the hill from Newman) Dick Verniel wanted to utilize his speed and athletic ability and converted him to linebacker. 3 time All American and a few pro bowls later, not a bad move.
Great info Bella123. The “Calistoga comet!” Not a bad ride for a small town kid.

No problem concrete17. Hahaha! No scalping here. 😭.
Always an entertaining game. Still some good football up in the NBL being played. Not as much as we would like but ranch, newman, Windsor , and how about st Vincent’s.
Good teams but no one is great yet, there is still some season left. Not the end all be all, Still only CN has a Calprep ranking over over 20, that’s it. CN was routinely in the 40s under Cronin.

Just for some comparison some NCL 1 schools have reached Calprep rankings of over 20, including 2010 Middletown and a 2009 Fort Bragg.

Good teams but no one is great yet, there is still some season left. Not the end all be all, Still only CN has a Calprep ranking over over 20, that’s it. CN was routinely in the 40s under Cronin.

Just for some comparison some NCL 1 schools have reached Calprep rankings of over 20, including 2010 Middletown and a 2009 Fort Bragg.
Rancho doesn’t lose there QB and that’s a legit d3 norcal champ contender. Cronin was one of the best to coach period. One thing was common on all his teams. He always had great QB’s. This newman team has a lineman playing QB which is crazy. Hats off the the kid because he’s doing a good job but at end of day he’s a kid with college size to play on the line.

Reactions: NCS707
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT