ADVERTISEMENT

No 1 and No 2 in 2026 are teaming up

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
Surprised no one has mentioned the Bay Area is landing another “Prolific” recruit.

AJ Dybantsa will be attending Prolific Prep. He is currently ranked No 1 in the 2026 class. He was the MA Gatorade POY last season.

Prolific now have added the WA Gatorade POY in Zoom Diallo, No 2 in 2026 Tyran Stokes returns. They have also added 5 star center Aiden Sherrell as well as one of the leading scorers in EYBL, Oaklands Own Mikey Lewis.

It’s a couple months away but Prolific is looking good heading into next season.

congrats! ace recruiter

Coach Bernardi deserves 100% of the credit. He and his staff have put together all the pieces needed for Prolific Prep to finally win a Geico National Championship.

Not a lot of home games but I hope the Bay Area shows up in mass to support this team! A very rare opportunity to see the two players at the top of their class play on the same team!

Reactions: M.C. fan
Coach Bernardi deserves 100% of the credit. He and his staff have put together all the pieces needed for Prolific Prep to finally win a Geico National Championship.

Not a lot of home games but I hope the Bay Area shows up in mass to support this team! A very rare opportunity to see the two players at the top of their class play on the same team!
Would you like me to put you on the list. It would be for your long awaited trip up to finely visit Gridley.

Here's wishing you great hoops.

Reactions: ayalar09
Surprised no one has mentioned the Bay Area is landing another “Prolific” recruit.

AJ Dybantsa will be attending Prolific Prep. He is currently ranked No 1 in the 2026 class. He was the MA Gatorade POY last season.

Prolific now have added the WA Gatorade POY in Zoom Diallo, No 2 in 2026 Tyran Stokes returns. They have also added 5 star center Aiden Sherrell as well as one of the leading scorers in EYBL, Oaklands Own Mikey Lewis.

It’s a couple months away but Prolific is looking good heading into next season.
I don't regard Prolific Prep as high school sports. I wouldn't watch the team play if it was across the street.

I don't regard Prolific Prep as high school sports. I wouldn't watch the team play if it was across the street.

That’s your loss.

There’s a reason why it’s called Prolific Prep and not Prolific High

I agree there is a difference but nowadays If you want to see the top talent, you have to go to Prep schools to see them. Not all of them, but most.

you truly are missing out then. be mad, but cant deny. they have some elite talent and if you like good basketball they def play it as well as the competition. the games a contra costa college last year were sold out for centennial vs salesian.

you truly are missing out then. be mad, but cant deny. they have some elite talent and if you like good basketball they def play it as well as the competition. the games a contra costa college last year were sold out for centennial vs salesian.

PP def. Played some sold out gyms on the road in places like North Carolina and Kentucky. Hopefully this year the community will rally around this team and maybe we can get our first home Prolific sell out since the Jalen Green Days.

I've gone to a few Prolific games over the years, and it CAN be truly outstanding basketball if the opponent is up to the task.

Problem is, nearly all of those prep academies that come to play in Napa are not top-category at all, and PP wins by 70 or more without much effort except for trying to be the most creative dunker of the day.

Prospective spectators rarely have any access at all to the other teams due the extreme lack of info on the other teams... If one can find a website at all for the other teams, there is little or no real info about them, and often it's outdated. Therefore, it's unknown whether a game at PP is worth the drive.

Edit: okay, maybe the "70-point margins" jab was a reach... But most of their home games were not very close. And little was known about the opponents in any case.

@kiddman32 fair criticism. This is partially due to the fact that Prolific can only play certain teams. Let’s say CIF allowed their teams to play prep teams. Imagine how big that game would have been if we could schedules Prolific against Centennial.

I’ll say this also. All these NIBC schools (Montverde, Wasatch, AZ Compass, IMG…etc.) refuse to play Prolific for numerous reasons, mostly have to do with sponsorship.

Also previous years, they have played AZ Compass and the game was very close. Maybe one of the better games in the entire Bay Area that year.

I’ll conclude by saying this season even the 60-70 point blowouts will be fun to watch. Once again how many times can you say you will have a chance to watch the top two players in their class on the same team?

Reactions: biggoop
I've gone to a few Prolific games over the years, and it CAN be truly outstanding basketball if the opponent is up to the task.

Problem is, nearly all of those prep academies that come to play in Napa are not top-category at all, and PP wins by 70 or more without much effort except for trying to be the most creative dunker of the day.

Prospective spectators rarely have any access at all to the other teams due the extreme lack of info on the other teams... If one can find a website at all for the other teams, there is little or no real info about them, and often it's outdated. Therefore, it's unknown whether a game at PP is worth the drive.

Edit: okay, maybe the "70-point margins" jab was a reach... But most of their home games were not very close. And little was known about the opponents in any case.
I am far from a PP fan but they need to be in the NIBC. The grind session is about ten notches below especially after compass prep left and now so cal academy is going to the NIBC as well. Playing Bella vista prep and Denver prep all year is kind of a joke when you have a top 5 roster nationally.

I am far from a PP fan but they need to be in the NIBC. The grind session is about ten notches below especially after compass prep left and now so cal academy is going to the NIBC as well. Playing Bella vista prep and Denver prep all year is kind of a joke when you have a top 5 roster nationally.

One Word: Politics

So Cal actually joined Overtime Elite, not NIBC, at least too my knowledge.

Grind Session is currently undergoing a makeover….going to rival the NIBC in terms of talent and television/streaming time……

Stay Tuned.

I thought PP did play some games against NIBC and even OTE schools last season. Obviously some were in Geico Nationals, but they played Wasatch, Our Saviour Lutheran, etc. in the regular season

I thought PP did play some games against NIBC and even OTE schools last season. Obviously some were in Geico Nationals, but they played Wasatch, Our Saviour Lutheran, etc. in the regular season

Right and we had to fight tooth and nail just to get that one game against Wasatch on a neutral court. Imagine trying to get Montverde or IMG to come to Norcal and play a road game against a Non-NIBC opponent is close to impossible.

And it’s not like College Sports where we can offer a home/home series where one year we play there, next year they play here.

PPs motto is anybody, any place, any where.
PP travelled more miles than Stanford, Cal and Santa Clara combined last year and went undefeated on the road before Geicos
PP also beat 3 State Champions last year (HW, Corner Canyon, and Durango).

What sort of politics keeps PP from joining NIBC?

Shoe companies? Online video partnerships? Some other organizational deal?

I wasn't talking about the money, I was talking about the silly "You can't play us because you wear the wrong shoes" crap.

Reactions: larry legend33
I’ll just say this based on my experience.

There is one shoes company that essentially wants world domination (take a guess)

The rest of the companies are just trying to figure out how to compete with the “one” shoe company

I’ll just say this based on my experience.

There is one shoes company that essentially wants world domination (take a guess)

The rest of the companies are just trying to figure out how to compete with the “one” shoe company
i mean, its been like that for decades. superior product. its like amazon, everyone else playing for seconds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT