ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal JUCO Championship: San Mateo vs. American River

12:00 pm kickoff at San Mateo

This is a rematch of a week 4 game played at ARC that resulted in a San Mateo win 24-14. The winner of Saturday's game will face the winner of Riverside vs Fullerton for the state championship.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Cool to see both Rocklin QBs in the ship. Remember that they split time in the covid season. Which was one of the best teams Rocklin has ever had from a talent standpoint.

Taking ARC in this one. San Mateo always chokes. It’s never a matter of if but rather when with the Bulldogs.

Kai Wallin From jesuit absolutely blew up at ARC. Holds big time offers now from schools like Utah, Kansas, Mizzou, Indiana, etc. Baffled how many schools missed on a 6”7 250 DE.
Wallin ended up at Nebraska.

Him being overlooked coming out of HS is just another negative effect of the opening up of the transfer portal. P5 Coaches are just much more likely to take a 20 year old whose spent a year or two proving himself and getting stronger elsewhere (at JC, FCS, mid-major) than take a risk on an 18 year old who wasn’t a ‘superstar’ in HS. I just wished he’d have spent his year at Sac St instead on ARC. 😜

Wallin ended up at Nebraska.

Him being overlooked coming out of HS is just another negative effect of the opening up of the transfer portal. P5 Coaches are just much more likely to take a 20 year old whose spent a year or two proving himself and getting stronger elsewhere (at JC, FCS, mid-major) than take a risk on an 18 year old who wasn’t a ‘superstar’ in HS. I just wished he’d have spent his year at Sac St instead on ARC. 😜
Thanks for update. He’s a heck of an athlete. Close to 6”7 now with a great motor. Nebraska got a very good player.

Reactions: Three Bears
Thanks for update. He’s a heck of an athlete. Close to 6”7 now with a great motor. Nebraska got a very good player.
Indeed. I already thought grabbing Matt Rhule was a good move by Nebraska. he seems like a straight shooter, no BS type of guy the players love. If he can take that vibe over to the recruiting trail - perhaps Nebraska can regain some of their former prestige.

I agree with you on Wallin, think he’s gonna be very successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT