Central Catholic over Marin Catholic
Hillsdale over Half Moon Bay

Division V

Venture Academy over Colusa
Fortune Early College over Sierra
Ripon Christian over Kerman
Cloverdale over University Prep

I like all your d1 picks.
I took Whitney over GB in D2. Otherwise I’m in line.
Justin over Rio! Wow… big one streak. I will be updating that game from Rio.

Congratulations to all of tonight's teams, players, coaches and fans! Very exciting evening with so many big games being played across Northern and Central California stretching from Cloverdale to Clovis!

D1-
Granada Matadors
Inderkum Tigers
University Red Devils
Sacred Heart Prep Gators

D2-
Granite Bay Grizzlies Cinderella Dancing
Vanden Vikings
California Bears
Weston Ranch Cougars

D3-
Oakland Wildcats
Kings Academy Knights
Oakland Tech Bulldogs
Rio Americano Raiders

D4-
Head-Royce Jayhawks
Monterey Dores
Central Catholic Raiders
Half Moon Bay Cougars

D5-
Venture Academy Mustangs
Sierra Chieftains
Ripon Christian Knights
Cloverdale Eagles

The beauty of these DI games is that I could easily see it playing out as you picked them or I could easily see them playing out completely opposite. Just for giggles I am going with the polar opposite - let's see who's closer! (Comments made are tongue in check....don't flame me too bad!)

CW over Granada (bus breaks down on the way to Clovis and Granada barely has time to warm up before game)
Riordan over Inderkum (mean streets of Phelan Ave & Crusader band intimidate the rural bumpkins from the Sac suburbs!)
University over Salesian (Pac Heights preppies roll into San Pablo & rain down 10+ 3's in another major upset)
Sacred Heart Prep over San Ramon Valley (Trust fund preppies take first ever trip to the San Ramon Valley wherever the f@ck that is!)

CW over Granada: Granada has seen the fastest guard in Norcal 3x. They will be prepared for the frantic pace. That's tough to go from the City two night ago to now Fresno. 76 -67
Riordan over Inderkum: Mean streets of Phaelon vs. Rural Sac. Sure the folks from Natomos will have something to say about that. Riordan is defending at high level, and shown discipline in shot selection. They slow the tempo down. 58-55
Salesian over University: Talk about a cinderella story. Mellis has the young pride defending and sharing the ball. University will want to turn it into a track meet taking 30 3s which the young pride will be excited about the pace. But Mellis will control the temp to insure he does not let it get out of hand after watching the Jesuit tape 24 hours straight. 64-52
San Ramon Valley over SHP: SRV fans are a throw back and passionate. That's a tough gym to play in. 68-61

Reactions: SF_Mikey
I'm not a fan of competitive equity nor the watered down NorCal playoffs - it should just be the champ and section runner up, 8 teams total. But as it exists now, it's nice to see a team persevere and make a run when given the opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT