ADVERTISEMENT

North D1-A RBG - Bakersfield vs Del Oro

In closing, Del Oro could easily beat the Folsom team that showed up vs Sac High. I imagine that would be a much better matchup if they played right now.
Well broken down coach, and point taken. But, on record, Folsom HAS easily beat the D.O. team(s) that have shown up on the schedule FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.. Like running clock stuff man. Maxpreps has currently ranked top SJS as;
1. St Marys (14-1)
2. D.O. (13-2)
3. Folsom (12-2)
So in public opinion, do they have it right? Will opinions change any if D.O. wins or loses the championship?

Well broken down coach, and point taken. But, on record, Folsom HAS easily beat the D.O. team(s) that have shown up on the schedule FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.. Like running clock stuff man. Maxpreps has currently ranked top SJS as;
1. St Marys (14-1)
2. D.O. (13-2)
3. Folsom (12-2)
So in public opinion, do they have it right? Will opinions change any if D.O. wins or loses the championship?

CityOfTreesFootball that ranking looks to be from Calpreps ratings where currently DO is 61.1 vs Folsom 60.1. I'm not 100% sure but I think it is a purely Calpreps ratings based so take it for what it means...

1. St Marys (14-1)
2. D.O. (13-2)
3. Folsom (12-2)

I do agree with MCIC that by placing 3rd in the SFL they avoided the St. Mary's matchup that would have bounced them out of the postseason already just like Folsom and OR. So, in that respect, I personally couldn't put them above either team in terms of rankings (even though I believe DO would beat OR if they played again). But I get why Maxpreps/Calpreps keeps moving them up.

I do agree with MCIC that by placing 3rd in the SFL they avoided the St. Mary's matchup that would have bounced them out of the postseason already just like Folsom and OR. So, in that respect, I personally couldn't put them above either team in terms of rankings (even though I believe DO would beat OR if they played again). But I get why Maxpreps/Calpreps keeps moving them up.

Calpreps is purely computer based, correct?

Computer rankings based on SOS and PF/PA among other things, grain of salt type stuff for sure.

I dunno. Just as Folsom has DO's number, DO has St. Mary's number. I wished they had the opportunity to play eachother.

I dunno. Just as Folsom has DO's number, DO has St. Mary's number. I wished they had the opportunity to play eachother.

Yeah I'm sure you'd love a shot at revenge this year.

With regard to Calpreps, you can't ever pass an undefeated team that has beaten you. Doesn't matter what differences there may be with SoS. There will always be at least a .2 difference until the undefeated team loses. DLS and East are a great example. East is currently .2 ahead of DLS and it will remain that way unless East loses.

Since Folsom has a couple losses, Del Oro was able to pass them due to added SoS games during the postseason.

Last edited:
I saw the last 3 St. Mary's v D.O. games. If they played again this year, IMO Golden Eagles would have to play a perfect game to keep the recent streak intact.

Your kidding me? 10 transfers? That doesnt happen......come on man!

Wikipedia
Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections".[5] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[6]

This late in the year, whether it's injuries, illness or whatever, seems like guys go down and it's next man up. That next man in a huge game has alot on his shoulders. Last year, Camarillo had a talented back who never got on the field, advantage Del Oro. Del Oro has been missing key guys here and there the past 6 games on Def, not the players in the headlines, but solid def starters on a returning state champ team (DL, SS, LB). So far, next man up for the Golden Eagles have been serviceable. DL for D.O. rolls out 6 guys who play alot and they keep the 2-way linemen fresh for 4th qtr. Last Sat, I'm guessing the Driller's QB who did not play may have had a collarbone issue resurface but who's to say. It'd be nice to have intell on San Clemente's health, their QB is dynamite, but I'd like to know more about their OL. Del Oro should be healthy and that's a good thing to have all your studs for state game, and be firing on all cylinders. I'm looking forw to Coach Birch's gameplan and seeing the boys execute it. Last season, a big forced fumble and recovery got the Del Oro def going and they never stopped. It will take some big plays like that to keep San Clemente's offense out of the endzone. Good luck to all the Norcal teams, especially St. Mary's and DLS.

Wikipedia
Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections".[5] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[6]

Your kidding me? 10 transfers? That doesnt happen......come on

QUOTE= DelOro_FB_Dad.....Next 2 seasons, I think Del Oro will get back to their SFL league winning ways, and take out both Folsom and Oak Ridge along the way. Then they'll be in the "big boy" SJS D1 bracket ha ha. How's that going to happen? It won't be because of 10 new transfers from Sac metro area who come in because they love welding and Ag. It'll be because of a great school, coaching staff, feeder program, and community. Case in point, soph class will join Varsity next year and they can't remember the last time they lost to Folsom or Oak Ridge. Who wants to bet me a Dr. Pepper?

What transfers are you talking about????

QUOTE= DelOro_FB_Dad.....Next 2 seasons, I think Del Oro will get back to their SFL league winning ways, and take out both Folsom and Oak Ridge along the way. Then they'll be in the "big boy" SJS D1 bracket ha ha. How's that going to happen? It won't be because of 10 new transfers from Sac metro area who come in because they love welding and Ag. It'll be because of a great school, coaching staff, feeder program, and community. Case in point, soph class will join Varsity next year and they can't remember the last time they lost to Folsom or Oak Ridge. Who wants to bet me a Dr. Pepper?

What transfers are you talking about????

WWHS44, I was joking & it was sarcasm. D.O. gets hammered in social media and online about athletically motivated transfers. The next 3-4yrs of VAR football players at D.O. football will have more kids who have played 3+yrs of D.O. youth ball than ever before. These are kids who live in the area attending Loomis Basin schools.

WWHS44, I was joking & it was sarcasm. D.O. gets hammered in social media and online about athletically motivated transfers. The next 3-4yrs of VAR football players at D.O. football will have more kids who have played 3+yrs of D.O. youth ball than ever before. These are kids who live in the area attending Loomis Basin schools.
Explain how Del oro varsity has 12 kids from Roseville and 8 of them start both ways. Sound local to you? Those kids moved to Del Oro there freshman year when coach esquval, kravitch and coach seamon got butt hurt at a jr program banquet and told every they are leaving for Del oro. The same year three coaches and 12 player go there at the same time. Del Oro cover there track by having the take FFA to look like they went there for that class. You are notalound to go to an open enrollment schoool for athletic reasons. They are just shady

Explain how Del oro varsity has 12 kids from Roseville and 8 of them start both ways. Sound local to you?

Actually, yes it does.

You're selectively ignoring that Del Oro has historically enrolled kids from the Rocklin, Roseville, and Granite Bay areas. It's only been around 20 years since a number of these newer schools/programs started up so many of the parents attended Del Oro. And since Del Oro has remained a relevant and stable program all these years, it's understandable why many of the kids that reside 5-10 miles from the school might want to go there. And none of it has anything to do with open recruiting by the coaches or staff.

You're just hating at this point. Nothing more. It's getting old.

Aside from hating, believe you are not allowed to use "notalound" in place of "not allowed" -- although that may be totalitaringly wong too.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Explain how Del oro varsity has 12 kids from Roseville and 8 of them start both ways. Sound local to you? Those kids moved to Del Oro there freshman year when coach esquval, kravitch and coach seamon got butt hurt at a jr program banquet and told every they are leaving for Del oro. The same year three coaches and 12 player go there at the same time. Del Oro cover there track by having the take FFA to look like they went there for that class. You are notalound to go to an open enrollment schoool for athletic reasons. They are just shady

Col64 so the claim I cashed on that post was the next 3-4yrs. Not sure who's butt is hurt. The Jr. program 1st round of cuts is a sphere of influence. If there's over 35 trying out, 1st round of cuts is kids that don't go to school in the local district, plain and simple, talent aside. TR's post a few min ago is the rest of what I was going to say.

Reactions: ThunderRam

Success always has a target. Thanks for validating Del Oro.

It turns my stomach every time someone brings up the whole DO transfer situation. And how DO does things right! Anyways I thought I'd share the other side.
Despite all the free agent parental thinking out there athletically motivated transfers are strictly prohibited
The problem is how do you prove they were athletically motivated? People have to come forward. Parents don't want to harm their own kids by speaking out against this situation.

Here are some of those kids all starters that left Woodcreek
Youth program

Most All league guys
Stone Smartt
Camerion Davis
Israel Luna
Noah Kravitch
Cade White
Marco Esquival
Ray Thomas

They were illegally influenced to leave Woodcreek as 8th graders by former Woodcreek Jr timberwolves midget ( disgruntled) coaches and all these coaches were put on the Del Oro coaching staff the same year these kids went to DO

These are the coaches
Coach Esquival
Coach Seamon
Coach Kravich

The reason they were disgruntled is because the were not going to be able to coach there own kids at freshman, even though they were promised JV coaching spots.

During the Woodcreek jr Timberwolves banquet Coach Esquival stood up and said "he was going to DO and if anyone wanted to talk about it to come see him" and then Coach Kravitch seconded the motion.
Coach Seamon went with them to. Coach Esquival was very influential with the kids. He had coached at Sierra college and the parents/kids respected him as a college coach.
These disgruntled coaches took their kids and 9 others from this Woodcreek jr team team to DO by way of FFA so they did not have to move.
The fact these coaches were put on the DO coaching staff the same year these kids left is quite an obvious connection.
Joe Davidson knows all this as he was given a letter by the school when it all happened. Does nothing and even takes it a step farther by ridiculing people who bring it up. The CIF keeps saying it needs proof when all the have to do is look at the Jr Woodcreek team pictures and the DO coaching staff pictures plus the fact it was 12 kids all off the same football team. Such BS.
Here are the facts
Those kids /parents left because coaches influenced them to leave. "Undue influence" is a major CIF violation. The irony here is Woodcreek coaches can't even talk to their own in district kids till they graduate 8th grade.
all these transfers were athletically motivated. Strictly prohibited period
they all took FFA so they would not have to move in district
Because it's a class that Woodcreek doesn't carry. This is all with the knowledge of coaching staff This class continues to be the avenue parents/ kids take. Carson Jarrett JV QB suspended one year ( this year) for being an athletically motivated transfer from Woodcreek
some of these kids live right across the street from Woodcreek
You could add this

Could you imagine if some disgruntled Del Oro youth coaches took off to Granite bay or maybe Jesuit any private school for that matter with 12 of the best youth players from the Del Oro
Youth program. And then Granite bay or Jesuit puts them on the varsity and JV coaching staff. The outrage would be to biblical proportions

I have seen that on twitter before, but you went over 140 characters tonite.

It turns my stomach every time someone brings up the whole DO transfer situation. And how DO does things right! Anyways I thought I'd share the other side.
Despite all the free agent parental thinking out there athletically motivated transfers are strictly prohibited
The problem is how do you prove they were athletically motivated? People have to come forward. Parents don't want to harm their own kids by speaking out against this situation.

Here are some of those kids all starters that left Woodcreek
Youth program

Most All league guys
Stone Smartt
Camerion Davis
Israel Luna
Noah Kravitch
Cade White
Marco Esquival
Ray Thomas

They were illegally influenced to leave Woodcreek as 8th graders by former Woodcreek Jr timberwolves midget ( disgruntled) coaches and all these coaches were put on the Del Oro coaching staff the same year these kids went to DO

These are the coaches
Coach Esquival
Coach Seamon
Coach Kravich

The reason they were disgruntled is because the were not going to be able to coach there own kids at freshman, even though they were promised JV coaching spots.

During the Woodcreek jr Timberwolves banquet Coach Esquival stood up and said "he was going to DO and if anyone wanted to talk about it to come see him" and then Coach Kravitch seconded the motion.
Coach Seamon went with them to. Coach Esquival was very influential with the kids. He had coached at Sierra college and the parents/kids respected him as a college coach.
These disgruntled coaches took their kids and 9 others from this Woodcreek jr team team to DO by way of FFA so they did not have to move.
The fact these coaches were put on the DO coaching staff the same year these kids left is quite an obvious connection.
Joe Davidson knows all this as he was given a letter by the school when it all happened. Does nothing and even takes it a step farther by ridiculing people who bring it up. The CIF keeps saying it needs proof when all the have to do is look at the Jr Woodcreek team pictures and the DO coaching staff pictures plus the fact it was 12 kids all off the same football team. Such BS.
Here are the facts
Those kids /parents left because coaches influenced them to leave. "Undue influence" is a major CIF violation. The irony here is Woodcreek coaches can't even talk to their own in district kids till they graduate 8th grade.
all these transfers were athletically motivated. Strictly prohibited period
they all took FFA so they would not have to move in district
Because it's a class that Woodcreek doesn't carry. This is all with the knowledge of coaching staff This class continues to be the avenue parents/ kids take. Carson Jarrett JV QB suspended one year ( this year) for being an athletically motivated transfer from Woodcreek
some of these kids live right across the street from Woodcreek
You could add this

Could you imagine if some disgruntled Del Oro youth coaches took off to Granite bay or maybe Jesuit any private school for that matter with 12 of the best youth players from the Del Oro
Youth program. And then Granite bay or Jesuit puts them on the varsity and JV coaching staff. The outrage would be to biblical proportions

Colossus64, if you think something is wrong with these transfers then please bring it up with the proper authorities. Posting this stuff here will not address any rules that may have been broken or change anything and only serves to show your bitterness. We get it and I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm sure you are a passionate football fan like the rest of us. After you are convinced this has been properly reported then please ping me at the start of next years football season and I'll buy you a ticket to a Woodcreek game and we can talk football X's and 0's.

Now, please get on with at least supporting DLS, St Mary's, Oakdale, Mack, Serra, VC, MA, Campo, PV, BOD, Amador and STSV.

It turns my stomach every time someone brings up the whole DO transfer situation.

The only someone is you. So stop bringing it up and perhaps you'll feel better.

Also, it's kinda hard for a kid to transfer when they haven't even enrolled at a HS yet. They aren't transfers.

It's not uncommon at all for kids to attend a different HS than the feeder program they played in. It happens everywhere. But it happens more frequently in places where the HS program rarely wins. That may come as a shock, but it's generally true.

There is an old saying " build it and they will come"......Coach Taylor has built it.
Totally agree. This is a saying I live by. Sounds to me Woodcreek should have worked something out with the parents of these kids or let it go for now because it sounds like sour grapes. If they didn't want to get rid of the present coaching staff they should take this battle to the CIF after the season not during the season. Put every thing on the table with the CIF on how this is effecting the Woodcreeks football program in a negative way. I don't think it's right to bash another program during championship week on the internet. Handle this stuff during the off season but bring a strong enough case to force the CIF to make a change in your favor. You are only hurting the kids by playing this out over the internet in my opinion.

CT4L

DO and Folsom just don't match up. I would expect a better game but DO defense doesn't match up with the Bulldog offense

DO and Folsom just don't match up. I would expect a better game but DO defense doesn't match up with the Bulldog offense

Yup. While SC is not Folsom they do run a spread with a QB that is, IMO, better than Folsom QB primarily from a mobility POV but also has an excellent arm with athletic targets. DO will have their hands full with SC #16

Kids from all over the city transfer or opt to go to schools outside of their immediate neighborhood. No one should make a big deal about this. It's been going on for years.
In 2009 Grant lost a key player who transfered to Inderkum. (He ended up rushing for 2k yards at Inderkum and was a great linebacker).

In 2014, Grant was missing arguably one of the best athletes in Northern California. He transfered to Inderkum and almost led them to first City champonship. He was the missing link on that 2014 Pacer Championship team. That Pacer team looks completely different with him on there.

Grants 2006 Championship team got a big transfer from Natomas High. He led Grant to their first undefeated season. This stuff happens. It happens at every school.

Point being. Kids transfer all the time. Del Oro has a great program. They do well. They will get transfers because kids want to play there. Next year they will be placed in D1. Things will even out.

If the Elk Grove area develops a Powerhouse Program, we will see the same thing take place in that area. All of the kids will want to play for the big time program and that will be scary.

People better hope that St. Mary's doesn't start accepting all of the public School kids. Lol. That will spell trouble for the entire SJS.

Folsom beat Del Oro. Sac High beat Folsom. Inderkum beat Sac High. Del Oro beat Inderkum. St. Mary's beat Folsom.

The game of the year would have been Del Oro vs St. Marys....

The coach is everything for a High School Football Program. He makes or breaks the experience for the kids. Coach Taylor has made Del Oro an attractive place for student athletes. The culture at Del Oro football is a testament to great coaching, administration, and community support.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT