ADVERTISEMENT

October 26-28 Scoreboard

Yes you have! I’m a fan. What a game.
I thought Rocklin really made some great calls and were the better team.

Not sure about better, as both teams were in it until the end, but certainly things went Rocklin’s way at the end.

This was the first Friday we didn’t go out to game this season, as we decided to hang with friends to watch the KINGS home opener tonight. But I had the youtube stream on one of the other tv’s and was able to see bits and pieces of the game.

RHS gets stopped at the 1, then gets the fortunate turnover in the end zone to start. They get up by 14 then OR fought back to tie it and even had a chance to take a lead late first half.

OR had the late lead but RHS gets the game winner on an end around. Great call.

Gotta say, too, that Rocklin had a bit of good fortune on Reeve Slone’s 86-yard TD run, as it looked like Reeve pulled the ball back from the RB late and fumbled the ball only to have it one-hop right back to him.

Reactions: Santa Ball
LARRY..You were right, it didn't take over 20 points to beat OR, I though for sure that Rockland could score more points then it did with the 21-17 score. A great victory...
I wasn’t far off! Hahha. Yeah OR likes to control tempo so I was thinking in the 20’s.
I’m Really impressed with Rocklin.
I would not be surprised if they win d2 and I’m not sure they aren’t the best team in SJS on any given night. I wasn’t at the Folsom game but it sounded like from TR they killed themselves on special teams.

I really like #10 for Rocklin who is their hybrid TE.
Tell me he has some offers . Think name is Gavin Correira

OR has a 6”7 National Recruit TE and we are throwing him fly patterns. How about some 50/50 balls and get it to him in mismatches. You can’t be a champ team in SFL with a poor QB. You can a good team because you have a college line, which is what OR is.

Lastly, does Rocklin sneak into #1 spot in D2 and does OR fall to #3 in D1. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
I wasn’t far off! Hahha. Yeah OR likes to control tempo so I was thinking in the 20’s.
I would not be surprised if they win d2 and I’m not sure they aren’t the best team in SJS on any given night. I wasn’t at the Folsom game but it sounded like from TR they killed themselves on special teams.

OR has a 6”7 National Recruit TE and we are throwing him fly patterns. How about some 50/50 balls and get it to him in mismatches. You can’t be a champ team in SFL with a poor QB. You can a good team because you have a college line, which is what OR is.

Lastly, does Rocklin sneak into #1 spot in D2 and does OR fall to #3 in D1. Should be interesting.
IMHO, doubt it. Rocklin moved up in Calpreps ratings with the victory over Oak Ridge, but did not surpass St. Mary’s. Behind Rocklin it’s (in order)…

Granite Bay
Jesuit
Del Oro
Manteca

And these 4 teams are separated by tenths of a point to where I imagine the committee will use head-to-head and anticipated travel logistics to determine seedings 3-6. I anticipate Tracy dropping to #10 seed due to their forfeits (giving up hosting first round game) and traveling to the #7 seed. However, I could imagine the following…

#1 Rocklin
#2 St. Mary’s
#3 Jesuit
#4 Granite Bay
#5 Del Oro
#6 Manteca

As it pits the two Catholic schools against eachother in the semifinals and St. Mary’s vs Tracy in the second round. But, I think keeping the Rams at #1 seed and potentially facing a Downey team coming out of the #8 vs #9 seed is also probable. I also believe how St Mary’s and Rocklin competed vs common opponents Manteca and Tracy gives the Rams the edge. Both dominated, but Rams maybe a bit more. Still, trying to predict the playoff committee’s thinking is like pulling straws. I don’t think it’s really going to matter. I’m confident St. Mary’s will be in the finals this time around and as good as Rocklin is, St. Mary’s is a bit more of a mature team and currently clicking. Samson Dunkin and the Rams offense is looking really good. Will be hard to stop.

Oak Ridge is still seeded above Central Catholic. So, OR should still hold onto the #2 seed while CC remains the #3 seed. Who gets the #4 seed and #5 seed? Inderkum or Monterey Trail? One gets the BYE. The other most likely will face off at the #4 seed’s home field.

Look forward to tomorrow’s seedings! GO RAMS!!!

Reactions: M.C. fan
IMHO, doubt it. Rocklin moved up in Calpreps ratings with the victory over Oak Ridge, but did not surpass St. Mary’s. Behind Rocklin it’s (in order)…

Granite Bay
Jesuit
Del Oro
Manteca

And these 4 teams are separated by tenths of a point to where I imagine the committee will use head-to-head and anticipated travel logistics to determine seedings 3-6. I anticipate Tracy dropping to #10 seed due to their forfeits (giving up hosting first round game) and traveling to the #7 seed. However, I could imagine the following…

#1 Rocklin
#2 St. Mary’s
#3 Jesuit
#4 Granite Bay
#5 Del Oro
#6 Manteca

As it pits the two Catholic schools against eachother in the semifinals and St. Mary’s vs Tracy in the second round. But, I think keeping the Rams at #1 seed and potentially facing a Downey team coming out of the #8 vs #9 seed is also probable. I also believe how St Mary’s and Rocklin competed vs common opponents Manteca and Tracy gives the Rams the edge. Both dominated, but Rams maybe a bit more. Still, trying to predict the playoff committee’s thinking is like pulling straws. I don’t think it’s really going to matter. I’m confident St. Mary’s will be in the finals this time around and as good as Rocklin is, St. Mary’s is a bit more of a mature team and currently clicking. Samson Dunkin and the Rams offense is looking really good. Will be hard to stop.

Oak Ridge is still seeded above Central Catholic. So, OR should still hold onto the #2 seed while CC remains the #3 seed. Who gets the #4 seed and #5 seed? Inderkum or Monterey Trail? One gets the BYE. The other most likely will face off at the #4 seed’s home field.

Look forward to tomorrow’s seedings! GO RAMS!!!
I wouldn’t be surprised to see OR and Folsom rematch in D1 and it feels like Rocklin /St Mary’s are the best in D2 but man that field is loaded. GB damn near beat Folsom!

Reactions: bulldogmgc
I wouldn’t be surprised to see OR and Folsom rematch in D1 and it feels like Rocklin /St Mary’s are the best in D2 but man that field is loaded. GB damn near beat Folsom!

I felt GB would compete well against Folsom and that they had a chance to beat them. They did hold a TD lead for a large portion of that game.

Like pretty much all SFL teams, they are extremely well coached. They have an amazing coaching staff. And some really good players too.

Reactions: larry legend33

The muffed punts definitely changed that game, no doubt.

The first was nullified by a Folsom penalty, but the returner muffed it again on the re-kick. Folsom scored a TD on the gifted short field.

Then a different Thunder returner muffed the very next punt. Folsom, again, scored a TD on the gifted short field.

Those were the difference that decided the game.

Yes, Gavin is #10. John is #11 and is a pretty darn good DE. Was held much of the night against GB last week.

IMO, while he is their leading receiver, Gavin isn’t utilized enough in Rocklin offense. He’s a 6’4” 225 matchup nightmare. The kid is a player.

A few weeks ago when Rocklin was playing at home against Del Oro, the Golden Eagles were often not fielding a deep middle safety thus the middle of the field was wide open and many Thunder fans were clamoring for Correa up the seam. But for whatever reason it just never seemed to happen against that look.

RHS has play makers all over the field. Most of them aren’t physically gifted like Correa, but they are pretty good nonetheless and on any given day/night they can bite a defense. #23 Nate Martin makes explosive plays. #2 Brody Desario and #13 Mavrik Collins are capable of the same. Both main RB’s, #5 Derek Keeley and #26 Rafi Merino play bigger than their size.

You probably noticed, but the Thunder also have a JR. tackle #77 Garrison Blank who is listed at 6-7 315. He’s getting D1 offers.

Last edited:
The muffed punts definitely changed that game, no doubt.

The first was nullified by a Folsom penalty, but the returner muffed it again on the re-kick. Folsom scored a TD on the gifted short field.

Then a different Thunder returner muffed the very next punt. Folsom, again, scored a TD on the gifted short field.

Those were the difference that decided the game.

Yes, Gavin is #10. John is #11 and is a pretty darn good DE. Was held much of the night against GB last week.

IMO, while he is their leading receiver, Gavin isn’t utilized enough in Rocklin offense. He’s a 6’4” 225 matchup nightmare. The kid is a player.

A few weeks ago when Rocklin was playing at home against Del Oro, the Golden Eagles were often not fielding a deep middle safety thus the middle of the field was wide open and many Thunder fans were clamoring for Correa up the seam. But for whatever reason it just never seemed to happen against that look.

RHS has play makers all over the field. Most of them aren’t physically gifted like Correa, but they are pretty good nonetheless and on any given day/night they can bite a defense. #23 Nate Martin makes explosive plays. #2 Brody Desario and #13 Mavrik Collins are capable of the same. Both main RB’s, #5 Derek Keeley and #26 Rafi Merino play bigger than their size.

You probably noticed, but the Thunder also have a JR. tackle #77 Garrison Blank who is listed at 6-7 315. He’s getting D1 offers.
Yeah 77 is a mountain of a kid. Just saw he was offered by Kansas who happened to beat OU today. He moves really well and seems like he will get a lot bigger offers in year to come.

I walk away very impressed with the Thunder. Not much separates these top teams but Rocklin presented problems for OR and I think they are the better team. Even the OR homers I spoke with said same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT