ADVERTISEMENT

Open Division Game Thread: De La Salle (63) vs. Centennial (42)

Re: Open Division Game Thread: De La Salle vs. Centennial

Cameron Lissarague gets his second INT. Not sure why Centennial is trying to throw down the field. Not their strength.

I agree. As great as Folsom is, I don't see the speed that both teams here have.

CC needs to get a turnover. Dang Custer is one tough kid.

DLS fakes a 47 yard field goal and turns it over on downs. Kind of a weird call. Centennial takes over with 8 minutes left.

HOF- not even close. That's what people don't understand

Three second half turnovers for Centennial. Wow. They played so mistake free on offense in the first half.

DLS has been very good in the second half of controlling the clock and being efficient on offense. Fresh set of downs with 530 left

Asiasi is now the biggest QB in high school.

55-42 DLS with 430 left.

Vanderklugt just left with a wrist injury. Asiasi in at quarterback

Get out of the big dog's way and let him eat!!

This post was edited on 12/20 10:43 PM by NCSF

And now, tired and spent, they have to tackle, JaMarcus Russell with skill.

CC needs a hire a defensive coordinator . That is the piece they are missing. It's a real weakness . It's not like they don't have the players .

Devin Asiasi keeps it for a touchdown. Really athletic play given his size. Looked like a running back. That makes it 63-42 with 131 left in the game. Custer got the 2 point conversion

Okay Larry, who wins?

How are they going to tackle that kid? A beast.

Its the offense Larry. Teams like that never play defense for whatever reason. I think in practice the O always has to beat the D and it carries over to the games. Who knows. What I do know is that DLS ran through them. Impressive.

Larry.. seems there is /was no defense being played

Whats the most points DLS has ever given up? Got to be close in this one.

Ladies and Gentlemen, again, the UNDISPUTED best High School football team in the state of California! THIS IS SPARTA!!!

For Centennial's defense, I think it is a couple of factors. They are on the field a lot since the offense goes at a high tempo. When you have a high powered offense, you take more risks on defense. No need to play conservative because you can cover up mistakes. And this version of Centennial's defense is different than past years.

No offense to Folsom but the Spartans beat them by three touchdowns.

I called this one! More credit to that unbelievable defense of Pitt. Norcal Preps and the rest of the press needs to recognize how special they truly were. Congradualtions De La Salle! You have showed Socal the best of Norcal!

So I think it's a safe bet DLS wins a state title next year with all the players they have coming back. A game against a Texas power would be a hell of a game!

Originally posted by Paloma:
I called this one! More credit to that unbelievable defense of Pitt. Norcal Preps and the rest of the press needs to recognize how special they truly were. Congradualtions De La Salle! You have showed Socal the best of Norcal!
I think we always gave them credit. Their ranking was due to other things besides their defense. But yes, they had the best showing against the DLS offense

NorCal 4-1! That's a damn good showing with the games coming to Sacramento State next year!

Originally posted by hofwhscos:
I agree. As great as Folsom is, I don't see the speed that both teams here have.
Grant had the same amount of speed that these teams have and we saw how that turned out. Dls could not play defense tonight. It's an impressive win, but folsom actually played better defense than dls. Centennial could not throw the ball yet somehow dls gives up 42??? Against a spread team no less??? Does not make any sense. You'd think after all these games dls would figure out centennial. For all the team speed talk, folsom will have more d1 guys than centennial at the end of the day. Cif screwed all of us out of some great matchups this year.

A couple PTS away from NorCal sweep. Pretty awesome.
CC was real deal. A couple of turnovers killed them. I still think DLS wins this one but probably more like 1-2 scores better.
I think Folsom you would see a 35-21 type game against DLS. Folsom D is better than CC.
Folsom and CC would be fun. High octane. But no doubt DLS is state #1.

Originally posted by larry legend33:
CC needs a hire a defensive coordinator . That is the piece they are missing. It's a real weakness . It's not like they don't have the players .
Ain't that the truth LL and that has been the knock of CC for years! That offense is arguably the best in America. The D?? Always been an afterthought by Logan.

Originally posted by supergreen:

Grant had the same amount of speed that these teams have and we saw how that turned out. Dls could not play defense tonight. It's an impressive win, but folsom actually played better defense than dls. Centennial could not throw the ball yet somehow dls gives up 42??? Against a spread team no less??? Does not make any sense. You'd think after all these games dls would figure out centennial. For all the team speed talk, folsom will have more d1 guys than centennial at the end of the day. Cif screwed all of us out of some great matchups this year.
Not sure how you can compare Folsoms D to DLS when they played two totally different teams. I would say after seeing both games that CC had a much better offense than OSide, so we dont know how Folsom would have done against CC.

Originally posted by supergreen:

Grant had good speed without the same amount of talent. Folsom's defense played well against Oceanside, but their offense isn't even in the same stratosphere as CC.

CC was able to hurt DLS with QB runs, and as I pointed out in the game thread, teams with mobile QB's give DLS the most trouble. I also haven't seen DLS tackle so poorly in a long time.

And no Folsom will not have more D1 guys than CC at the end of the day.

CC Seniors: 2 committed to FBS schools (Cal, Oregon) 1 with offer to FCS schools.
CC Juniors: 4 with FBS offers, 1 with FCS offers

Folsom seniors: 3 committed to FBS schools (UW, Zona, SJSU), 1 with FBS offer (Air Force), 1 committed to FCS, 1 with FCS offer
Folsom juniors: 1 with FBS offers

Grant had good speed without the same amount of talent. Folsom's defense played well against Oceanside, but their offense isn't even in the same stratosphere as CC.

CC was able to hurt DLS with QB runs, and as I pointed out in the game thread, teams with mobile QB's give DLS the most trouble. I also haven't seen DLS tackle so poorly in a long time.

And no Folsom will not have more D1 guys than CC at the end of the day.

CC Seniors: 2 committed to FBS schools (Cal, Oregon) 1 with offer to FCS schools.
CC Juniors: 4 with FBS offers, 1 with FCS offers

Folsom seniors: 3 committed to FBS schools (UW, Zona, SJSU), 1 with FBS offer (Air Force), 1 committed to FCS, 1 with FCS offer
Folsom juniors: 1 with FBS offers
-----------------

The point is that that folsom is just as talented as either team on the field last night and the offers prove that. We can wait and see how exactly the offers play out, but to pretend that the level of speed or talent would have been an issue for folsom is ridiculous.

There was nothing about the games this weekend that provides any indication that dls was better than folsom. They did not play very good defense last night and while they were great on offense, lots of offenses look great against centennial. My gripe is that we did not get a folsom dls or a folsom PAC 5 match up to get a true gauge of how great this folsom team is. We all know dls is great. This years folsom team with all those great players playing in their 3rd year of varsity football had a legitimate shot to beat dls or centennial, it's just a bummer we did not see that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT