Mitty
sms
pinewood
folsom
salesian
st joes
crondelet
o'dowd

I think you're right. But looking at the ratings, Presentation is ahead of a few teams on this list. C-Let, BOD, St. Joes. You don't think the committee would look at that and make a stupid decision...do you??

Campolindo and sacred heart playing D2 then? I'll believe that when I see it.

I think you're right. But looking at the ratings, Presentation is ahead of a few teams on this list. C-Let, BOD, St. Joes. You don't think the committee would look at that and make a stupid decision...do you??
Don't think so. Max preps has many flaws.

Yes I put Folsom 4th to avoid a rematch with St. Mary's in the semis. I think the CIF has massaged the bracket to do stuff like this in the past.
Didn't realize O'Dowd won. So now it looks like O'dowd and either Miramonte, St. Joes or CN with PV an outside shot.

OPEN

1. MITTY
2. SMS
3. FOLSOM
4. SALESIAN
5. PW
6. SJ
7. CLET
8. BOD

D1

1. MM
2. CN
3. PRESENTATION
4. HERITAGE
5. ANTELOPE
6. ESP
7. CASTRO VALLEY
8. BEAR CREEK
9. PLEASANT VALLEY
10. WHITNEY
11. CONSUMNES OAKS
12. WEST CAPMUS
13. EDISON
14. McCLATCHY
15. SAN RAMON VALLEY
16. CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

It will be interesting. Idk if BOD gets the nod. That last slot will be interesting. You don’t have SHC in Division 1? They beat Edison by 40 and split with Presentation one win by 20+. I think ESP will be a higher seed also but we will see

It will be interesting. Idk if BOD gets the nod. That last slot will be interesting. You don’t have SHC in Division 1? They beat Edison by 40 and split with Presentation one win by 20+. I think ESP will be a higher seed also but we will see

SHC was on my list for the 12-16 range for D1. But I just couldnt bring myseld to put a 11-14 team in D1. Tough to figure out from 3 seed on because all the teams took turns beating each other. Team A beat team B. Team B beat team C. Team C beat team A. Happened time and time again.

I would not be surprised if Antelope wound up Open, and BOD, with those ten losses, dropped to D1. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if O'Dowd went Open.

What I would be surprised by is if the committee decides to jump section runners-up over section champs because of the MaxPreps' ratings.

And speaking of the computer rankings, one would hope they are updated for the committee. On the site, it still shows them as of 3/2.

And SJND is a perfect example of a flaw in the ratings: Their administration forced them to play in a very, very weak league, which dropped their rating way, way down. What would be really helpful for the committee would be a non-league MaxPreps' computer ranking for all the teams, as well as one for the full schedule.

Though it's possible the committee will be able to take that into account when it comes to the Open and D1, what about at the end of a long day when they finally get to D5?

Reactions: northbaybbguru
OPEN

1. MITTY
2. SMS
3. FOLSOM
4. SALESIAN
5. PW
6. SJ
7. CLET
8. BOD

D1

1. MM
2. CN
3. PRESENTATION
4. HERITAGE
5. ANTELOPE
6. ESP
7. CASTRO VALLEY
8. BEAR CREEK
9. PLEASANT VALLEY
10. WHITNEY
11. CONSUMNES OAKS
12. WEST CAPMUS
13. EDISON
14. McCLATCHY
15. SAN RAMON VALLEY
16. CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

How About Sacred Heart, Valley Christian, Menlo-Atherton, Oak Ridge for d-1? Lots of possibilities and I guess we will have to wait and see. I personally think, which means nothing, Christian Bros. and Pleasant Valley are way over their heads in D-1.

No change in the Open equation after last night ... and the same questions.

Will Presentation's lofty MaxPreps' power rating make them the third CCS team in the Open?

Will Bear Creek or Antelope be the third SJS team?

If form holds, which three NCS section champs -- Carondelet/Heritage, Miramonte/O'Dowd, Salesian/Cardinal Newman, St. Joseph Notre Dame -- get in?

Or will NCS get four, and two each from CCS and SJS?
Come on Antelope Open division according to Streak One they weren't even considered a top 20 team on norcalpreps, first section title they should get a realistic shot at going to state and the open is not that shot

How About Sacred Heart, Valley Christian, Menlo-Atherton, Oak Ridge for d-1? Lots of possibilities and I guess we will have to wait and see. I personally think, which means nothing, Christian Bros. and Pleasant Valley are way over their heads in D-1.

Over their heads in D1?

Pleasant Valley has a D1 stud post going to the Pac12!!!!
And they beat Folsom!!

Eventually you have to come out of the hills and play somebody.... cant sit in D3 forever.

They are DEFINITELY D1

Over their heads in D1?

Pleasant Valley has a D1 stud post going to the Pac12!!!!
And they beat Folsom!!

Eventually you have to come out of the hills and play somebody.... cant sit in D3 forever.

They are DEFINITELY D1
They did play somebody---miracle win against Folsom on a banked three, great..... Then they played Davis, lost--played mcclatchy lost by 20, played lincoln lost again. D-1 I don't think so.

SHC was on my list for the 12-16 range for D1. But I just couldnt bring myseld to put a 11-14 team in D1. Tough to figure out from 3 seed on because all the teams took turns beating each other. Team A beat team B. Team B beat team C. Team C beat team A. Happened time and time again.

The #12 guess was close. #10 it is. Strength of schedule and league may have played a role not to mention reputation. Tough draw for Heritage

Campo DIII? 9 Seed.
That is ridiculous to me. A lot of weird decisions here. How bout east side a number 2 over MM who beat them by 30 in the head to head. Or pleasant valley being D2 and James Logan in ahead of them in D1. I sniff some shady business all over that. Both men and womens team playing only home games in lower divisions than they should be. SRV gave C Let 2 good games and is the 4th seed in D2. Presentation as the one seed aka looked at max preps and moved on.

Reactions: missing.link
I honestly think there’s some shady business with regard to Pleasant Valley and their placement. I would love to hear from the committee and who was involved. There is no way they should be where they are based on the rules set forth.

I honestly think there’s some shady business with regard to Pleasant Valley and their placement. I would love to hear from the committee and who was involved. There is no way they should be where they are based on the rules set forth.
I don't think that is a question anymore. That is obvious. Doesn't take a genius to know that pleasant valley is better than james logan. They were done a favor by someone in house who gifted them a 1 seed in D2. Same goes for P valley on the mens side.

Two things:

1) I don't think the seeding actually means much. The brackets appear to have been created to avoid intrasection matchups early in the playoffs.

2) The Northern Section commissioner obviously did a good job convincing the committee his poor little teams weren't that good. Never underestimate the power of persuasion in a committee situation. When Paul Gaddini was the NCS commissioner, it was funny how things always seemed to work out well for NCS teams.

Two things:

1) I don't think the seeding actually means much. The brackets appear to have been created to avoid intrasection matchups early in the playoffs.

2) The Northern Section commissioner obviously did a good job convincing the committee his poor little teams weren't that good. Never underestimate the power of persuasion in a committee situation. When Paul Gaddini was the NCS commissioner, it was funny how things always seemed to work out well for NCS teams.
Doesn't mean much? How about right or wrong? Does that mean anything? You have Gill on speed dial , you guys are all in bed together and that's a fact! Now you come on here acting like your going to get answers from the cif or ncs, go blow smoke up someone else's **s! MM, St Joe's and cal stars all linked together and all scared! Good luck in level 2!

I would prefer true seeding to avoiding intrasection matchups, but clearly that's not what CIF wants. I just wish they'd make that clear to everyone.

Yes, Campo, Pleasant Valley, West Campus, Should all be D1. We need answers to how this was broken down. If they went off The top teams McClatchy shouldnt be a 14 seed. They played a tough schedule and have many Quality wins. They beat Heritage twice and Heritage was given the 7 seed. I can name 10-15 schools better than a James Logan as well.

What is does look like it is someone wants to make sure P. Valley was taken care of, Campo wont play vs elite talent so they will make it back. Oh and you can almost just give West Campus the norcal title right now.

Clay you said this was made for no blowouts to occur but ill bet my whole salary there will be lots of lopsided games D1-D5.

Reactions: LBJ6
My friend told me that Summerville told his team that he requested (apparently knows someone on the committee) that Dublin play in division three. HOW the heck does that happen? They were a quarter finalist in Division 1, NCS.

Upset City Dot Com! Gotta look at it as an opportunity, not a bad draw. Get those chips on the shoulders, and grab a shovel!

Give me Carondelet, Cardinal Newman, and Bishop O' Dowd please in round 1. #upsetcitydotcom

Will be curious to hear what your sources say Yacht about the level of focus and belief in all three teams practices this week? Keep us posted!

Reactions: UncleYacht
I can only speak for the divisions I know about, and they will be much tougher than they were last year in the first two rounds. I'm not saying there won't be some blowouts, but there will be fewer, and aside from Mitty and SMS, I'm guessing more upsets. (That said, watch out for Pinewood ...)

My friend told me that Summerville told his team that he requested (apparently knows someone on the committee) that Dublin play in division three. HOW the heck does that happen? They were a quarter finalist in Division 1, NCS.

Strange. Did Campo and Enterprise also know people on the committee?

Enterprise was from the Northern Section, and that commissioner earned his or her money Sunday.

Haley Van Dyke could carry Campo quite a ways ... maybe NCS was saving up their bullets for D3 and below.

Mitty, Pinewood, St. Mary's are for sure..
I will add Folsom, Carondelet, Winner of Miramonte/BOD, Salesian and Cardinal Newman to round out the 8..

Someone seemed to know how the committee would be thinking. That looks like 8 out of 8 correct.

Don't sleep on Sacred Heart Prep. Let's not just give Campo an automatic win. This is a good match up. SHP has great length and they play very good man to man with great help.

It was't rocket science.
Don't sleep on Sacred Heart Prep. Let's not just give Campo an automatic win. This is a good match up. SHP has great length and they play very good man to man with great help.

Love that 6-3 kid they bring off the bench.

According to my sources in the Delta, St. Mary's has been working hard on fundamentals and their out of bounds plays. Perhaps anticipating some full court pressure....I also heard through a friend of a friend that the game is supposed to sell out, and school officials are encouraging patrons to show up at least 90 minutes before tip to secure a ticket!

Upset City Dot Com!

Reactions: Dadoctor
don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm partial to the optics of a sixth different Open Champ in six years. with Carondelet out, that leaves only Pinewood, Folsom, and CN on the list. both Pinewood and CN have previous upsets, and Folsom is the newbie. none are favored overall, any would add to the streak. more stairways to the top, the better.

Last edited:
According to my sources in the Delta, St. Mary's has been working hard on fundamentals and their out of bounds plays. Perhaps anticipating some full court pressure....I also heard through a friend of a friend that the game is supposed to sell out, and school officials are encouraging patrons to show up at least 90 minutes before tip to secure a ticket!

Upset City Dot Com!
It will be interesting to see if St Marys pulls off their press. Against Folsom in the first quarter, their full court pressure led to easy baskets and wide open 3s for Folsom. When they changed it up and went straight up man to man half court defense, they went on huge run and kept Folsom scoreless during a 5-6 minute stretch. I seem to remember 2 years ago, didn't Pinewood do the same in their upset at St Marys...and Coach Tom refused to pull it off. They broke the press and got their wide open 3s to win that game. Maybe he has learned a few things since that game. I was actually very surprised to see St Marys just play 1/2 court man to man like that. Not sure if Pinewood will be able to pull off the upset this year, I'm sure the seniors want payback. Should be a good one!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT