ADVERTISEMENT

PCAL Week 9

RLS13

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 8, 2016
Week 9

Gabilan- Great discussion on another thread about the Gabilan and the top 4. After some close games the first 2 weeks, the last 2 weeks have shown some separation for the top 4. After them, Carmel and Alvarez will be fighting for an at large bid. Christopher has had some close games but they are still looking for their first win.

Mission- MVC and Seaside are on a crash course to meet the last week. That game should decide the winner. Soledad has the inside track to the #3 position, but Alisal may push them for it. Monterey is a dumpster fire. After the close loss at Soledad last week there was an altercation in the parking lot between the HC and a parent. Reports are it was not physical, but the HC has been suspended for this week’s game.

Cypress – By far the most entertaining and competitive division. Santa Cruz is the new top team. But they still have games vs Soquel and Gonzales. NMC is licking it wounds, but still has a chance to tie for the title. Soquel may be the best of the bunch but will need to win out to get at least a tie. Gonzales has an outside chance but need to win vs Santa Cruz this weekend. I would not be surprised with a 3 way tie atop. I think Soquel would win the tiebreaker.

Santa Lucia- Stupid PG is going to win the title. I am pretty sure they cheated last week. I was not at the game, nor do I have any proof, but that is the only way I can think how they could beat RLS. There is a slight chance that a much-improved Greenfield team can beat them and cause a bit of chaos, but I just don’t see that happening this year. Mariana V Harbor will be fun this weekend. Somebody has to win.

9-3 last week, 89-29 for the season.

Fri 10/25 St. Francis (Watsonville, CA) at Greenfield (CA), 7:30pm – This should be a good game. If Greenfield wants a chance at a title they must get by the Sharks. Greenfield 24-21

Fri 10/25 Marina (CA) at Harbor (Santa Cruz, CA), 5:00pm- Is the 5:00 Pm start right? Probably because neither one of these programs are ready for prime time. I like harbor to pick up their 2nd win. 21-14

Fri 10/25 Stevenson (Pebble Beach, CA) at Harker (San Jose, CA), 7:00pm: RLS will look to rebound vs a struggling Harker team in a late season non-league match up. RLS rolls 45-14

Fri 10/25 Pajaro Valley (Watsonville, CA) at Pacific Grove (CA), 7:30pm: PG continues its very boring walk to a league title. PG by a whole bunch

Fri 10/25 Gonzales (CA) at Santa Cruz (CA), 7:30pm- Rooting for Gonzales, but Santa Cruz has put together an impressive run since losing to PG and Scott’s Valley. Take the hot team. Santa Cruz 28-20

Fri 10/25 King City (CA) at Soquel (CA), 7:30pm – Soquel has to be just kicking themselves over the NMC game. They should be able to handle KC. Soquel 35-20

Sat 10/26 Watsonville (CA) at San Lorenzo Valley (Felton, CA), 2:00pm- 2 teams who both probably are a little disappointed in their seasons. SLV 24-14

Fri 10/25 Seaside (CA) at Alisal (Salinas, CA), 7:30pm – Not sure how long Seaside can go missing some of their best players. Alisal will make it close, but Seaside should prevail. Seaside 28-21

Fri 10/25 North Salinas (Salinas, CA) at Monterey (CA), 7:30pm – Monterey is a mess. I am really curious to see how they respond to all this adversity. They should be able to get by a struggling North Salinas squad. Monterey 28-7

Fri 10/25 Scotts Valley (CA) at Soledad (CA), 7:30pm- Huge comeback win for Soledad last week. Need to maintain that intensity for SV. Scott’s Valley’s defense is Good, their offense, not so good. Soledad 18-6

Fri 10/25 Palma (Salinas, CA) at Alvarez (Salinas, CA), 7:30pm- Last week Palma toyed with Christopher trying to improve their passing game. 3 INT’s latter they went to what they know best and easily prevailed. Probably more of the same this week. Palma 45-21

Fri 10/25 Christopher (Gilroy, CA) at Aptos (CA), 7:30pm -Aptos should have no problem dispatching of Christopher as it prepares for a run at the Gabilan title. Aptos 35-21

Sat 10/26 San Benito (Hollister, CA) at Carmel (CA), 2:00pm – Carmel’s QB1 is doubtful for the game. Their back up also starts at DE/LB. So this will hurt their already sub-par defense. They should still be able to score some points, but I doubt enough to win. Hollister 45-38

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT