ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: The Worst (SHC Football or VC Basketball) ?

Well,I remember going to a Norcal playoff game about 7-8 years ago at VC for basketball vs St.Marys Berkeley in San Jose.SMB had some pretty good. teams in that time frame and won that game,but VC played well.Never ever seen or heard of SHC being in a football playoff game in the last 15 years.I could be wrong,and I hope I am.

Originally posted by remc:
Well,I remember going to a Norcal playoff game about 7-8 years ago at VC for basketball vs St.Marys Berkeley in San Jose.SMB had some pretty good. teams in that time frame and won that game,but VC played well.Never ever seen or heard of SHC being in a football playoff game in the last 15 years.I could be wrong,and I hope I am.
SHC was in CCS football playoff games in 2008 and in 2011. Where have you been?

This post was edited on 2/21 9:03 AM by Irish_Cheers

SH football has to be the worst because they cannot even steal a victory from Riordan. Poor VC bball, unfortunately there is no WCAL basketball equivalent for Riordan football. So based on being worse than a football program (3 teams) that won a total of three games, SH takes the poll hands down.

V.C has the physical amenities to compete in WCAL play. SHC is behind 8 ball every year with lack of quality on-site facilities. SHC has won and lost in a CCS championship playoff in past 10 years. V.C hasnt advanced in basketball in many years. Slight (ever so), Valley Christian. Honorable mention: Riordan

shC hasn't won a WCAL football game in two years. Riordan had "Choo Choo Train Whistle General" Lee with his WCAL career won/loss record as the head coach and shC STILL couldn't beat them.

VC basketball league records last 5 years
2010 - 2011: 0-14
2011 - 2012: 2-12 (beat SI & Riordan)
2012 - 2013: 0-15
2013 - 2014: 1-13 (beat SF)
2014 - 2015: 0-13, soon to be 0-14

SHC football league record last 5 years
2010: 1-6 (beat Riordan)
2011: 2-5 (beat SI & Riordan)
2012: 1-6 (beat Riordan)
2013: 0-7
2014: 0-7

Take off the purple and gold glasses people. Yes both teams are horrible, but given RECENT historical trend, VC basketball is the worst. I mean they couldnt even beat an SI team that average 25 points a game in league this year!

Originally posted by iamgearyblvd:
No league wins. Hard to pick who is more anemic.
You should compare VC basketball to Riordan soccer instead. Double-digit losses for years now and a lock on last place.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: "The most wins in a row SHC has over Archbishop Riordan is Five in row."

Don't worry. It will be five more in a row unless Riordan closes or joins the 8-man Mission Trail League.

Jordan, I have no idea why gearyblvd. started this useless poll (except maybe to rile-up FooBo).

Re: "Now that there is no John Lee, I expect next year to be a much better ballgame and a clean slate for the new era. "

What? Riordan's pathetic record (minus two upsets) speaks for itself.
This post was edited on 3/16 6:49 AM by Irish_Cheers

I believe Football and Basketball between SHC and VC are the sports/schools that iamgearyblvd polled. Isn't he an SHC fan? Not sure his reason to create the poll.
Originally posted by Irish_Cheers:
Originally posted by iamgearyblvd:
No league wins. Hard to pick who is more anemic.
You should compare them to Riordan soccer instead. Double-digit losses for years now and a lock on last place.

Although, this season they've improved greatly even though their record doesn't show it. They beat SI, tied (and almost beat) Bellarmine and tied SHC on the last game of the season. So spare me the goofball comparisons.

I agree with Cityvibes2. He is the most fair in this argument. SHC doesn't have football facilities but has gone to the playoffs. VC has all the facilities one can want and more athletes than SHC for boys but never has advanced in basketball. Riordan has not beaten SHC in football except for the last 2 years, it was almost 9 years straight for SHC. (Honorable mention, only because they beat SHC but Riordan has a field even though they have no money to spruce it up.) Now that there is no John Lee, I expect next year to be a much better ballgame and a clean slate for the new era.

Ken Peralta has not won wcal games for SHC yet but he has the pedigree to be a great coach where ever he is at. He needs a little more time, I would say this year he needs to produce some WCAL wins for SHC to keep the alumni from asking questions.

Scott, you must be using SHC math, since the SHC football team has never won 6 games in row vs. Riordan.

Archbishop Riordan has won 32 games vs. SHC, SHC has won only 13 games vs. Archbishop Riordan.

Prior to 2007 the longest winning streak SHC had against Archbishop Riordan was a 2 games won in row. SHC won 2 games in row in 1981, 1982, 1996, 1997, 2005, and 2006

The most wins in a row SHC has over Archbishop Riordan is Five in row.

SHC won games vs. Riordan in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.

Archbishop Riordan won games vs SHC in 2013 and 2014.

Archbishop Riordan won games vs SHC in 2007.

Archbishop Riordan won games vs SHC in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.

Archbishop Riordan has won 11 games in row, 7 games in row, and 6 games in row vs. SHC

The Valley Christian basketball has made the playoffs every one of the last 5 seasons.

The Valley Christian basketball team has played a C.C.S. playoff game every season, since 1988.
Only Archbishop Mitty and Saint Francis have played a C.C.S. Playoff game every season, since 1988

Sacred Heart Cathedral did not play a C.C.S. Playoff game in 6 of the seasons since 1988.
Archbishop Riordan did not play a C.C.S. Playoff game in 4 of the seasons since 1988.
Saint Ignatius did not play a C.C.S. Playoff game in 3 of the seasons since 1988.
Junipero Serra did not play a C.C.S. Playoff game in 3 of the seasons since 1988.
Bellarmine did not play a C.C.S. Playoff game in 2 of the seasons since 1988.

2010: Saint Ignatius defeated Valley Christian in the C.C.S. Division 3 second round game. SI 45 VC 40

2011: Willow Glen defeated Valley Christian in the C.C.S. Division 3 second round game. WG 53 VC 42

2012: Sacred Heart Cathedral defeated Valley Christian in the C.C.S. Division 3 Semi Final Game. SHC 56 VC 47

2013: Del Mar defeated Valley Christian in the C.C.S. Division 3 first round game. DM 61 VC 45

2014: Aragon defeated Valley Christian in the C.C.S. Division 3 Championship Game. A 61 VC 55

Stats
The argument was recent or since VC got in league. VC only made wcal playoffs in basketball because ALL TEAM MAKE PLAYOFFS until this year. Difficult to gauge football and basketball ( apples and oranges).

Easy Stats, I have another job that has nothing to do with your professional job either, so go easy on the SHC math too...lol. I may have been talking the SHC JV football or got the 6 inverted with the 9, lol....Thank you for the clarification. City Vibes is right again, every wcal basketball team makes the playoffs so that is not a valid point here.

This post was edited on 2/20 7:37 PM by Scott2138

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT