ADVERTISEMENT

Potentials for Nor Cal Open State Game Rep

CaliforniaFan24

Superstar
Jun 27, 2020
The great victory by St. Francis last night opens up some interesting possibilities;

* Let's assume DLS responds as they usually do when they lose and shows improvement the rest of the year to be the DLS we know.
* DLS is able to beat Folsom and even perhaps St. Frances Academy of Baltimore.
* St. Francis or Serra win the WCAL.

In that scenario, which two teams face off in the Nor Cal Game to be the rep in the State Open Game? I would think that if DLS beats Folsom (again), we would probably see the WCAL winner face off vs. DLS.

A lot will happen the next two months, but it will be very exciting.

The great victory by St. Francis last night opens up some interesting possibilities;

* Let's assume DLS responds as they usually do when they lose and shows improvement the rest of the year to be the DLS we know.

In that scenario, which two teams face off in the Nor Cal Game to be the rep in the State Open Game? I would think that if DLS beats Folsom (again), we would probably see the WCAL winner face off vs. DLS.

When did they bring back the Open play in game? That’s good to hear, thank god.

I think if DLS were to win out and Serra and ST Francis Split in the Regular Season and Playoffs then DLS would go Back to the Open….

In that Scenario I Thing the CCS Champ Goes to the D1 play in game against Fresno due to the ST Francis win over DLS and Folsom is the odd man out….

Of course if ST Francis Runs the Table they are in the open and DLS will be in the D1 play in game assuming they win all their games except for SFA….

It’s going to be really fun to watch how it all unfolds…. The WCAL just became the most interesting league in the state this year and Folsom Must Beat DLS this year to go to the D1 play in game or they will be put in the open if they Beat DLS and SF gets knocked off….

Folsom may make history as the First Team ever to Decline the Open Bid as they want no part of MD or SJB…. 🤣

Still super early but Folsom has to beat DLS
And they get in. Plain and simple. Serra and St Francis play each other last game of season! Wow. But there league is so damn good that you can’t overlook VC/Bellarmine either.

Doesn’t matter who gets in this year. The gap is so far even for the top 3-5 LA teams vs Norcal.

Great points re. the strength of So Cal schools. It was obvious when the Southern Section waived all transfer rules that the Mater Dei's and St. John Bosco's would become powerhouses. It sort of makes you lose respect for MD and SJB.

Folsom in the open
Serra or SF in D1AA

Currently NorCal best teams
1. Folsom
2. Serra
3. St Francis
4. Rocklin
5. Pitt
6. DLS

Let's go Folsom!

Still super early but Folsom has to beat DLS
And they get in. Plain and simple. Serra and St Francis play each other last game of season! Wow. But there league is so damn good that you can’t overlook VC/Bellarmine either.

Doesn’t matter who gets in this year. The gap is so far even for the top 3-5 LA teams vs Norcal.
Folsom beats DLS they still have to win their section? Don’t remember many saying MT was going to best then in 19’. Same with WCAL. I remember when Bellaemine was on their run years ago and they were penciled in by everybody to meet Granite Bay in a Norcal regional and SI came in with an upset. Sh!t happens it’s way to early to even think of post season.

Folsom beats DLS they still have to win their section? Don’t remember many saying MT was going to best then in 19’. Same with WCAL. I remember when Bellaemine was on their run years ago and they were penciled in by everybody to meet Granite Bay in a Norcal regional and SI came in with an upset. Sh!t happens it’s way to early to even think of post season.
Folsom will run the SJS. No issue there.

From what I saw from DLS game last night, Folsom may win the game before half time lol

Great points re. the strength of So Cal schools. It was obvious when the Southern Section waived all transfer rules that the Mater Dei's and St. John Bosco's would become powerhouses. It sort of makes you lose respect for MD and SJB.
What? Talk about mythical.

This would seem to be reversed. “Right now” it would seem SF is the open team.
Right now may be for a week or so.

They were #144 before tonight.

Folsom is your open team this year. Will be fun!

DLS is about 6th in NorCal Right now behind Pitt. On par with St Marys

They have a tough league schedule to navigate.Folsom on the other hand has 1 job to do basically
Well if making predictions I might agree with you. However post clearly said “right now” and right now it’s SF. They beat the gorilla in the room. They are the best team in Norcal ”right now” I’m not willing to take that away from them based on feelings. They proved it on the field nobody else mentioned has.

They have a tough league schedule to navigate.Folsom on the other hand has 1 job to do basically
Exactly!… We all need to Keep in Mind that Serra Blew their Doors off Last a year and They also Lost to VC I am pretty sure…. I think they are like 0-5 against VC and Serra the last couple of years including the playoffs…. So a long way to go for SF…

But I put them #1 until someone knocks them off….

Well if making predictions I might agree with you. However post clearly said “right now” and right now it’s SF. They beat the gorilla in the room. They are the best team in Norcal ”right now” I’m not willing to take that away from them based on feelings. They proved it on the field nobody else mentioned has.
IMO Folsom is better right now regardless of what SF just did.I’m confident every poll will agree.I just calls um as I see’s them

Reactions: bella123
On par with St Mary’s? I wish they could have played a game to see who would have an edge.
Ratings are week to week and dynamic. Based on what I saw last night.....this week they are on par with where St. Mary's is. Even if they get credit for beating them for one entire half, that puts them at what? 5th in NorCal?

SF just walked on a legacy something Folsom has proven time and again unable to do.
And SF couldn’t prove it either until they did.Point being nobody could.Still believe Folsom is better today than SF but hey time will tell

And SF couldn’t prove it either until they did.Point being nobody could.Still believe Folsom is better today than SF but hey time will tell
Way better. St Francis was #144 coming into this game lol

Folsom got destroyed for losing to Monterrey Trail. They were ranked WAYYYYYY ahead of and better than St. Francis. People are just trying to downplay DLSs loss.

If SF runs the table, wins the WCAL and CCS and winds up undefeated, they’ll be right there at the door of the Open.
However, if Folsom were also to beat DLS this season and finish up undefeated, then the committee will have a tough decision to make.
There’s still a lot of football to be played, and a lot of key games left involving the top teams which will likely determine the Open team, but I’ve got to go with SF as of right now. No one has a better victory.

This just became the most Interesting year for high school football at least in NorCal. IMO this is what make HSFB better then college or NFL. And to the Folsom fan that all of a sudden fell in love with SF. You know who you are. You do realize that SF is the biggest DLS fans in the country right now. I’ll bet they are studying Folsom game film right now and helping DLS with their game plan as we speak. I think this was worst case scenario for Folsom. Everyone has been saying that Folsom only schedules DLS because it’s safe. It just became a must win which makes it fun for the rest of us.

This just became the most Interesting year for high school football at least in NorCal. IMO this is what make HSFB better then college or NFL. And to the Folsom fan that all of a sudden fell in love with SF. You know who you are. You do realize that SF is the biggest DLS fans in the country right now. I’ll bet they are studying Folsom game film right now and helping DLS with their game plan as we speak. I think this was worst case scenario for Folsom. Everyone has been saying that Folsom only schedules DLS because it’s safe. It just became a must win which makes it fun for the rest of us.
Yep, now it's a MUST WIN for Folsom.

Reactions: larry legend33
DLS may have two losses coming into the Folsom game. Maybe they want to reschedule and take Rocklin instead? :)
They probably lose to St Frances of MD. Maybe St Francis was a trap game,lol.They are going to be pretty focused for that Folsom game now I think. And for the rest of their schedule

Reactions: 3Yards&ACloudOfDust
At this point Folsom does control their own destiny...win out they are in the Open. With the game against DLS, it is indeed a must win. Folsom is more talented than SF and DLS, but they must go into the DLS game not intimidated but also knowing they should and must win. SF won in part because they believed and knew they could compete. Folsom cannot let up the next three weeks and has to go into the DLS game with the same mindset as SF.

i think DLS loses a close one to SFA, beats CC and goes into the Folsom game with confidence and belief they should still be considered Nor Cal number one. Folsom has to be careful not to get cocky or believe that they should “destroy” DLS. Just taking what happened last night than yes, Folsom should beat DLS by a lot...if you just look at talent alone ...if SF line can push DLS around so should Folsom, coupled with a dynamite offense...it should be Folsom without a doubt but they cannot go in with that mindset...DLS will come back stronger the next few weeks so be ready for a battle at Folsom on Oct. 8th

Here is another scenario...if DLS does lose the next two games in a solid fashion...i think they pushed around by Folsom and it is 42-17 or so when game is over...but if DLS rebounds well...folsom might win by a score or at most 10-14

You can “believe” in Santa Claus where as we have proof Folsom doesn’t t have the resume to beat them this year or previous years. SF just removed all doubt.

You can “believe” in Santa Claus where as we have proof Folsom doesn’t t have the resume to beat them this year or previous years. SF just removed all doubt.
And SF didn’t have the resume either and only one guy on this forum thought they could win.You have a family member on SF or something lol.Who you putting your money on if SF and Folsom played next week?

I hear people saying St Francis was DLS before DLS. So fitting that they knocked them off. On another note. My senior year St Francis came to Oakdale to play. Oakdale 26 St Francis 6.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT