ADVERTISEMENT

Prep2Prep Tip Off Classic

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Will be posting updates throughout the day. First game up is St. Mary's-Berkeley and Manteca in a Top 20 matchup. Key will be how St. Mary's handles the size of Manteca

Manteca leads St. Mary's 14-9 end Q1. Verhoeven has gotten Manteca a couple of easy looks already.

Manteca leads St. Mary's 38-25 at halftime. Typical choppy flow for a season opener.

Manteca: Strong defensive team with their ability to be length on the perimeter. Verhoeven opens up the offense with his passing and they have two legit post up threats. Lack outside shooting and don't have great guard play.

St. Mary's: Not dynamic on offense (easy to guard) without a top shooter or post presence. They play hard, but look to be over ranked by us to start the year. Will need Warren to be very good to make noise this year.

Manteca cruised to a 73-45 win over St. Mary's-Berkeley.

The fourth quarter was the Kenny Wooten dunk show.

Dublin leads Bishop O'Dowd 13-9 end Q1. Timmy Falls has been best player on the floor so far.

Dublin leads O'Dowd 28-16 at halftime. Low energy half for the Dragons

Dublin is going to be good this year. Good guard play with some size.

Reactions: 4ballersonly
It is ugly here for O'Dowd. Dublin leads 52-29 with 15 seconds left in Q3. Energy is better for the Dragons, but they are getting thoroughly outplayed

Just reviewed 2018 rankings and call it what you want but Elijah Hardy is not close to being a 5 star guard. Norcalpreps.rivals.com please stop with the hype machine and reevaluate the way you rank players.

Reactions: Tophoops
Hardy doesn't look good today. It is a body of work though that goes into the rankings. Not saying he is locked in to be a 5-star forever, but we don't overreact to one game.

Agree with you Assist10. When I think of 5 star guys I think of the guys like Aaron Gordon, Jabari Bird, Marcus Lee, Ivan Rabb's… Guys that you would drive 3+ hours to watch play as your better half undresses you. Seriously, a nice player but not even close to an elite guard. (at least not now) Gosh, ODOWD is just bad. I mean not even a good local team.

Remember, a 5-star for NCP is Top 150 in the country.
Again, stop with the top this and that, I see what I see.. he's undersize, can't defend, and dribbles way to much. I'm convinced that rankings are totally overrated!!

And that is totally fair. I wanted to be clear what we call a "5-star" and how it differs from what others call a "5-star"

And that is totally fair. I wanted to be clear what we call a "5-star" and how it differs from what others call a "5-star"
My bad!! LOL I thought you were defending his ranking.

Immanuel leads Weston Ranch 21-20 after eight minutes. Weston Ranch is outgunned in this game, but play hard with attacking guards

My bad!! LOL I thought you were defending his ranking.

Obviously, I believe in what we rank, but they are also fluid. Rankings could look different by the week if we wanted to update them that frequently.

Really like Colin Slater's game from Immanuel. Seems to never be out of control and gets to where he wants to go

Jaelen Ragsdale with a big first half for Weston Ranch. WR leads Immanuel 31-25 with 3 minutes left in the half

Jaelen Ragsdale is over 30 points and Weston Ranch leads Immanuel 51-47 with 134 left in Q3

Weston Ranch upsets Immanuel 82-77 in overtime. Jaelen Ragsdale finished with 38 points and was on Slater late

Sheldon with an impressive first eight minutes. Good guards and a shooter with size in Manning. They are going to be very tough.

Huskies leads Army Navy 26-11 end Q1

Sheldon leads 48-42 with 442 left in Q3. At one point, Sheldon lost the lead after being ahead 16 in Q1.

Agree on Manning. Does a lot of things well.

Sheldon beats Army-Navy 91-70. Matt Manning was named Player of the Game.

Modesto Christian leads Folsom 15-10 end Q1. Randy Bennett has just walked in to walk recent signee Jordan Ford.

Robinson Idehen is a big problem inside for Folsom

Modesto Christian leads Folsom 31-29 at halftime. Back and forth first half. Neither team ever got into a great flow.

Whether Idehen can stay on the floor will likely decide this game.

Folsom has no size this year. I think that is the difference between them being a great team and just a very good team. Isn't there a 6"6-6"7 kid in that school? In fact I think that is a problem for a lot of our elite teams this year. Very few seem to have size with exception of Modesto Christian. DLS, Sheldon, Folsom, Moreau. All in that same boat.

Folsom leads Modesto Christian 44-40 after Q3. Idehen picked up his 4th foul early in the third.

Ford has started to take control of the game

Folsom has no size this year. I think that is the difference between them being a great team and just a very good team. Isn't there a 6"6-6"7 kid in that school? In fact I think that is a problem for a lot of our elite teams this year. Very few seem to have size with exception of Modesto Christian. DLS, Sheldon, Folsom, Moreau. All in that same boat.

Mitty along with Modesto Christian. Sac High too, but yes there is a major shortage of size.

Folsom beats Modesto Christian 53-51. Mason Forbes made two free throws with 6 seconds left

Good call Mitty with size. Just think what that team would have been with 6"7 Much as well. Big loss.
Congrats to Folsom. Good early win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT