ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan vs. SHP

Riordan with a new coach and lots of recruits (or what ever we call them at the HS level) is very interesting at all levels.

• Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Executing on both sides of the ball much easier when you have an OL/DL like that. SHP lost a lot from graduation as well. Should be running clock in 2nd half.

• Haha
Who are you giving notice to? Most fans I know would like to see Riordan get out of the basement. Do you think they are better than their 2015 season? They were rated at 42 by Calpreps that year.

And before Calpreps, some WCAL historians have cited 1971 and 1972 as even better seasons in Riordan history. Are you able to compare with those years?

Who are you giving notice to? Most fans I know would like to see Riordan get out of the basement. Do you think they are better than their 2015 season? They were rated at 42 by Calpreps that year.

And before Calpreps, some WCAL historians have cited 1971 and 1972 as even better seasons in Riordan history. Are you able to compare with those years?
That 2000 WCAL Title team and 2007 CCS D3 Team were pretty good. They had a few playmakers on both those teams including ex-NFL player Eric Wright on the 2000 team. Serra's current OC, Bell, was the QB on that 2007 team and teamed up with Daniel Cannon when they made their CCS run.
All those campaigns were short-lived mainly because, I believe, was the continued decline in enrollment, transitioning to a lay teaching staff when the Marianists moved out hence struggling to remain afloat. The past decade has had fits and starts, but all indications (fastest growing enrollment, move to coed , a competent administration, increase in fund raising and the successful International boarding program) that Riordan is finally on a strong and sustainable track for the school and overall athletic program.
Friday was a nice start. Pieces are there as the team works to get better every week. Looking forward to see how the season goes.

I remember the 2000 and 2007 seasons. I almost included the 2000 season in my comments except Riordan couldn't beat SLV in D4 in the CCS final. And although good, that SLV team would have had a hard time in the WCAL league.

Reactions: jordan24
That 2000 WCAL Title team and 2007 CCS D3 Team were pretty good. They had a few playmakers on both those teams including ex-NFL player Eric Wright on the 2000 team. Serra's current OC, Bell, was the QB on that 2007 team and teamed up with Daniel Cannon when they made their CCS run.
All those campaigns were short-lived mainly because, I believe, was the continued decline in enrollment, transitioning to a lay teaching staff when the Marianists moved out hence struggling to remain afloat. The past decade has had fits and starts, but all indications (fastest growing enrollment, move to coed , a competent administration, increase in fund raising and the successful International boarding program) that Riordan is finally on a strong and sustainable track for the school and overall athletic program.
Friday was a nice start. Pieces are there as the team works to get better every week. Looking forward to see how the season goes.
Oh, interesting - I didn't realize Serra's OC was the same Bell as AR's 2007 QB. I remember his play at Riordan.

Riordan is finally on a strong and sustainable track for the school and overall athletic program.

you mean in football, boys hoops and wrestling. i dont see it happening for any of the other sports. maybe girls hoops but thats a big maybe.

• Haha
I seriously think Riordan’s sights are set significantly higher. It’s always good to wear that crown for City bragging rights though .
I completely agree, but with every destiny there needs to be first steps.

@KingsOfKezar is my IN Season predication and my personal mantra from back in the day when it meant something

Stay connected to board and see my future post. Notice has been given, posted and also recieved…speaking of back in the day, this is the “Next Episode”; Lol

View: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=kSeRv9Afg_E&si=Em5VgBJ-tlxfgdFp

Last edited:
  • Haha
Not to worry. The WCAL, overall, is not the reincarnation of the Trinity League. Not even close. Riordan should be highly competitive in the WCAL 2023. Then, in 2024, look out.

• Haha
Not to worry. The WCAL, overall, is not the reincarnation of the Trinity League. Not even close. Riordan should be highly competitive in the WCAL 2023. Then, in 2024, look out.
You never know these days with the normalize movement of kids/families to whomever is dropping the right amount of bags on their doorsteps. These athlete students' (not student athletes) services are not free anymore.

• Haha
You never know these days with the normalize movement of kids/families to whomever is dropping the right amount of bags on their doorsteps. These athlete students' (not student athletes) services are not free anymore.
You are starting to sound like Skip Bayless with your Implicit Bias bag dropping statements…

You are a SF faith based school alumni…ain’t no bag dropping.

C’Mon Man…..You can’t stand the best athletes want to come to Riordan

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT